PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes Take Down Big Buck

Ciskman
11-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Pretty interesting if you have the patience to click through all the pics.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/coyote-kill-240?pid=150

Spy
11-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Sorry Don't have the patience,but in the first or second pic looks like the buck has a wound/blood on his hind!

LukaTisus
11-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry Don't have the patience,but in the first or second pic looks like the buck has a wound/blood on his hind!

Yotes probably jumped him while he was bedded down and tore him open like that.. tear the flanks and back of the legs and let their prey weaken as it bleeds out. Kind of a crappy way to go if ya ask me

cainer
11-20-2011, 11:53 AM
i cant stand websites that reset themselves like that every time you click on the next picture-drives me nuts. got about 5 or 6 pics into and got the jist of it. be interesting to see them all if it wasn't gonna take all week

ianwuzhere
11-20-2011, 11:55 AM
wow, what a nice buck!! them coyotes seem to be pretty small.. gotta love trail cams!! thanx for postin
-take down pix start at #101..
only 2 lil coyotes??

LukaTisus
11-20-2011, 11:55 AM
I clicked through 'em. They end up tearing his hindquarters up pretty bad, and looks like they rip open an artery in the back leg, which is the buck's undoing. Still alive it seems, when they start chewing on him, too.. was a nice, healthy looking deer, as well.. goes to show that predators don't always target the 'weak and helpless'.

Deer_Slayer
11-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Peta should see that..they seem to think if we don't hunt then all animals peacefully pass away in an old folks home for critters.

SimilkameenSlayer
11-20-2011, 08:53 PM
coyotes are awesome killers, when you think about it.

The Dude
11-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Got to 44 and gave up......what an annoying way to post pics. Helluva buck though. I'll have to double up my dawg shootin efforts.

ydouask
11-20-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm now cross eyed ... made it a little better than half wqay through that set of pictures. Grim viewing indeed.

Notice how thin, gimped, scrawney that buck was.... no wonder a couple of big healthy Coyotes picked him out of the population, eh? Isn't nature surprising on occasion !

fowlweather
11-21-2011, 10:27 AM
JUST A HEADS UP! in the url of the photos each photo goes up by one in the last set of numbers so for the takedown photo the url is http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/coyote-kill-240?pid=258 < the 258 is the number that will switch the photos, so to skip ahead 20 photos enter 278 where the 258 was, tada!

Andrews
11-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Peta should see that..they seem to think if we don't hunt then all animals peacefully pass away in an old folks home for critters.

I second that...nature can be a brutal killer. Imagine being chewed while still alive. Some of the worst hunter-kills would be less painful than that.

bigj
11-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Wow, what a pisser when you walk in to check your game camera and a big dead buck is laying in front of it.

moose2
12-18-2011, 03:06 AM
Something seems funny with those pictures. The scene plays out for over 2 hours and the buck dosn't step out of the picture once. A few pictures in the series were skipped I am not sure why. This looks like a set up to me I don't think a buck would go through an attack and stay dead center of a trail cam. I could be wrong but this dosn't add up. It dosn't look like a normal spot to hang a camera, no bait or natural attractant, or no major trails.
Mike