PDA

View Full Version : Kootenay WT rut...

UncleJesse
11-20-2011, 09:23 AM
... is not really goin yet. On some "intelligence" from a buddy we took our annual whole day WT rut hunt yesterday against my better judgement on it being a little too early. "They're rutting like crazy" was the "intelligence". Yeah, right. No much happening yet. Saw tonnes of does, one little spike/fork that a young hunter waited too long on. Long frustrating day. I don't like road hunting but this dawn to dusk road trip usually proves full tags by most riders by the end of a day when in the heart of the rut. Maybe next weekend. Is this consistent with what everyone else is noticing?

OutWest
11-20-2011, 09:26 AM
We took 3 rutted up bucks last weekend. There's been rubs and scrapes all over the place for quite some time now. You better not blink!

rocksteady
11-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Yes, it is on....

I have been seeing bucks all over the place in the Cranbrook rural properties chasing does.....

2 mornings in a row now I have seen a good 4 point hot on a does arse, neck down and stretched out, love struck look in his eyes, licking his lips like crazy....

I realize these are the rural deer, but I don't see why the same activities are not occurring out in the "wilds"...

GoatGuy
11-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Deer are moving and getting lead for lunch around here.

steepNdeep
11-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Passed on a couple bucks yesterday. They were on a doe...

Ddog
11-20-2011, 12:03 PM
yes the Rut is on! maybe not full blown but i had 3, 4point bucks chasing does all around my stand and grunting like crazy. it was pretty cool. so the rut has definitely started

rocksteady
11-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Are you sure that was not you grunting D??? or farting???

doubled
11-20-2011, 01:12 PM
The big guy I got this morning stinks to high heaven.

rocksteady
11-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Went up to feed the horses tonight and the SAME 4 point ran across the road, not even looking both ways before he crossed the street:icon_frow:icon_frow Heading south across someones yard into some thick snarb.....

20 minutes later, I am coming home and the SAME 4 point crosses the road, heading North, towards another 5 acre parcel....I stopped and looked at him at maybe 20 yards, his eyes were glazed over and totally oblivious to the world around him....Unfortuantely no camera:evil:

I am no biologist...but Me thinks the rutski is ON!!!!!

Everett
11-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Passing on a buck a day at the moment I consider it fully on when I pass on 5 a day.

Fullcurled4point
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Passing on a buck a day at the moment I consider it fully on when I pass on 5 a day.
hahaah good call buddy i was just gonna say that same thing...seen 9 bucks today and 4 of wich were not bad deer but juuust not quite what i was after.....all of those bucks were foaming at the tail of a doe lol....my wife just shot her first WT buck on sat and he was allll necked up!

Everett
11-20-2011, 07:35 PM
hahaah good call buddy i was just gonna say that same thing...seen 9 bucks today and 4 of wich were not bad deer but juuust not quite what i was after.....all of those bucks were foaming at the tail of a doe lol....my wife just shot her first WT buck on sat and he was allll necked up!

Congrats to the wife now were is the pics?

UncleJesse
11-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Well guys I stand corrected. Must get the 4 of us in that truck some ir goggles I suppose. Thx UJ