PDA

View Full Version : gang ranch

dog812
11-18-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey everyone.. i am heading up there next week. I am trying to find a new place to go... I have never been there but my friends dad loves it there. He is away right now and i am trying to find some more info about this place.
I hear there is no quads in there? why is that?
What are the conditions like up there right now?
can i get a small trailer in?
i see people saying there is lots of private land... others say there is 3 million hectares of crown land... which is it?
anyway... if you can private message me some more info.. it would be much appreciated.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-18-2011, 10:15 AM
The Gang ranch is private property absolutely no hunting.There is tons of crown land bordering the ranch get a map of the area and do some exploring.I would bet that the conditions would be perfect as it opens on Nov.21 and heavy snow will push the bigger bucks down.Be prepared for winter conditions good snow tires ,chains,chainsaw ,shovel ,tow rope etc.You should be able to tow a small trailer just be carefull and watch out for black ice.There is less snow if you camp near the river after you cross the steel bridge.There are no quads allowed because they want to protect the grasslands Good luck and let us now how it goes.

dog812
11-18-2011, 11:14 AM
thank you for the info..

4 point
11-18-2011, 11:44 AM
It could be a gong show on the 21st. Be prepared for tough driving but good walking conditions. And yes leave your trailer down low for fear of getting into a jackpot with it.

dog812
11-18-2011, 11:45 AM
sounds good. we dont leave till the 24th... but yah.. i know what you are saying...

dino
11-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I will be there sunday. Look for a white ford diesl with a bigfoot camper. We will be down by the river with a boat or at the west entrance to the ranch. Stop in for a beer, maybe we can help. Bring packboards and be prepared to hike, if not this isnt the place for you unless you have a doe tag. Good luck.

dog812
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
we both like hiking.. used to be professional athletes and still train hard.. i will see if we can find you and come by for a beer..

kill'erdan
11-18-2011, 12:35 PM
no quads because its natural grass lands an so on i beileve.. Awsome place to hunt though..my dad goes there with a few buddys always big bucks taken it seems like

dog812
11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
yes i am excited.. sadly this is my only chance this season.. so i hope everything works out.

meathunter
11-18-2011, 12:51 PM
I have never left there without a deer! Great place to hunt and hike, but like they say the road conditions are gonna be interesting this time of the year. I have seen some big bucks there, good luck! Empire Valley is a great place to hunt.

warnniklz
11-18-2011, 01:18 PM
MAke sure you really want the deer you're lined up on. It can be quite the pack out. But worth it for sure.