PDA

View Full Version : First buck

BCGameHunter
11-18-2011, 12:06 AM
So me and a friend went out for a day hunt started off brite and early seen a bunch of does and 2 small 2 points though out the day then about 4pm seen 3 does in a small opening of the brush so jumped out of the truck and walking in a bit to have a look. Sat there for about 10 mins glassing and I see a nice 4x3 coming in stopes about 50 yards away bring up the scope bang!! droped right there one shot to the neck. It felt so good may have taken me 5 years to get a buck but I got one. It was about 126 points all dressed. The shitty part of it 2 days latter something/someone came and took my rack out of my back yard :(
(Pics on page 2)
Kinda late on the post I got him on the 6th.

meathunter
11-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Sounds like a great buck! They stole your rack WTF! Pics on your buck?

Weatherby Fan
11-18-2011, 01:21 AM
BCGameHunter,
good job on your first deer a 4 point Buck to boot and you told me you were quitting for the season,good thing you went back out hunting :)
See you have to be pesistent ! Way to work Chris
Now your going to have to try another area and see if you can make it two 4 points in one season.
WF

BCGameHunter
11-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Yup that's the plan maybe I can get down to regen 3

OutWest
11-18-2011, 01:30 AM
The first buck is always your best buck. You'll never forget it. Congratulations!

BCGameHunter
11-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Sounds like a great buck! They stole your rack WTF! Pics on your buck?

Yup it's was there one day gone the next sucks

peashooter
11-18-2011, 02:58 AM
That's awesome about your first deer but lousy on the rack dude. Better go get another one.

hunter1947
11-18-2011, 03:17 AM
You got me beat on the first buck my buck was a spike buck and like others have said you will never forget this first buck you got ,congrats to you..

5 spike
11-18-2011, 05:59 AM
congrats on your first buck.

kennyj
11-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Congrats on your first buck. Sounds like a good one.
kenny

3kills
11-18-2011, 07:55 AM
congrats on ur first buck! a dog might have packed the rack away. I have had a dog take one of mine once thankfully it was just just 2x3. but now if i m keeping them I always tie it up while it sits out side.

Mr. Dean
11-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Super-Uber Shitty that some puss stole the horns! :mad:

My 1st was a basket 4 pt and I've been trying to do better each season.
Here's my 1st;

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/DSC_0021-2.jpg

I used my FAVORITE leather jacket to wrap the dome and that hunt is fondly remembered, each time I see it.
If you got a pic (any pic), get one framed and on the wall...

proguide66
11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
congrats on ur first buck! a dog might have packed the rack away. I have had a dog take one of mine once thankfully it was just just 2x3. but now if i m keeping them I always tie it up while it sits out side.

Same , Ive had dogs take racks from the yard and found them after 'sweeping' the bush around the house. I also had a bear drag my book moose rack/skull over the fance and down the ditch along the road...go giveer a good sweep of the neighborhood before the potential dog owner find them and throws em away.

huntinnewbie
11-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Another vote for a dog. Recently my son left his deer head here as we live in the country and he in the city. Hubby cut the skull cap off so we could save the antlers for him. It was just a small 2x2. The other day I thought the dog was packing around a stick in her mouth when I realized it was an antler. Sh ate the whole skull cap and left the antlers,lol. And I had them put away in an old milk crate in the garage but she still found them.

greenhorn
11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Dogs love antler..... keep antlers that you want to keep away from dogs..... especially my dog :)

Weatherby Fan
11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Funny thing Chris when I read your thread title I still remember to this day the first Mule Deer Buck I shot,

Almost identical to the one MrDean posted above it was Nov 9th 1985 at 08:30 in the morning last day of the season,there was about 8 inches of fresh snow and it was on the road from Princeton to Tulameen,
Driving along with my good hunting partner we spot this buck with 5 doe's about 200 yards up the hill I hop out one shot with the Parker and Hale .308 and I was doing handsprings,
I was so excited I sprinted up the hill to where he was standing only to find out he slid down the bank almost to the truck lol
With that one in the truck we figure must be a good spot an hour later my partner has his first 4 pt down,you've never seen two happier hunters in your life !

Glad to here you got a bunch of pictures since the rack went missing,something I never did until I started taking my kids hunting.
Maybe you can make it down to area 3 for a few days before the season ends and find another 4 pt :-D

BCGameHunter
11-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Ya that's what I was thinking maybe a neighbors dog took it but atleast I got lots of pics and pics will be up soon

moose2
11-18-2011, 01:23 PM
Nice first buck here are the pictures they are also in the gallery if you want to copy and paste them to your first post.
Mike

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/photo_Large_.JPG

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/photo_Large_1.JPG (javascript:;)

BCGameHunter
11-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Thanks moose2 for posting up my pics