PDA

View Full Version : Sight software??

RoscoeP
11-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Well I deceided to put a single pin adjustable sight(Spott-Hogg) on my latest bow. Most people I have seen with these types of sights have strips of tape with yardage marked. I heard there is a program to figure this out and then print the strips on a printer.
Anyone have any input on this or better to just shoot and mark the lines yourself? I assume you would need to know your arrow speed and weight etc? Cheers Roscoe

Bow Walker
11-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Far, far easier to just go out and shoot - marking the yardages (as single lines) on a piece of masking tape that has been applied to your bow riser. Make a note of the yardages in a notebook and you're good to go.

Bowzone_Mikey
11-18-2011, 08:14 AM
yes there are several programs out there ... Pinwheel, the archery program , archers advantage etc....

speed, weight, peep height, distance from eye to pin .... most programs are updateable to new models of bows etc......

I used to use archers advantage .... worked well for the big name bows a few ago(Hoyt, mathews, martin, etc..) ... since then I mark myself

Ruger4
11-20-2011, 10:41 AM
mark yourself is the best imo
to many variables for sight tape software to be 100% bang on all the time, thats why most guys that did use software opt to manually mark their sights now

Jonas111
11-22-2011, 09:01 AM
I use archers advantage. I used and printed site tapes for my SR71 and it worked great. Problem is most people do not accurately put in the information. Wrong information in means wrong information out. I have tried to do site tapes for my Hoyt target bows and the results were terrible. I now mark them myself and most often at each and every shoot it changes a bit depending on wind and the weather.

I will still use a site tape on my 3D bow but will also shoot each distance and make some markings.

Good luck

Bow Walker
11-22-2011, 10:28 AM
I've had both Archer's Advantage and On Target (or is it The Archers Program = T.A.P.?), and I found that measuring accurately - and I mean accurately - is very, very hard to do. Like Jonas11 said, garbage in = garbage out.

Now I go out and mark my own sight tapes, shooting real distances in real conditions, using my very own old eyes and shaky bow hand/arm. Works for me, although I'll never beat Bernie or my younger bro'..........