PDA

View Full Version : Jones Lake

heatherdaddy
11-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Has anybody ever gone hunting in the Jones Lake area of Hope? I was just wondering as I was thinking of going there in a week to try it out and wondering what the roads were like and if anyone has had any luck there or even tried it there? let me know

Whonnock Boy
11-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Tell us a joke, then I will tell you what I know.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-15-2011, 06:51 PM
I have been in there many times.I have glassed goats ,seen one bear and probably one grouse.There are some new cut blocks so there might be some game in there but not much.Take a drive into the Skagit instead.

heatherdaddy
11-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Tell us a joke, then I will tell you what I know.
OK here is a joke, does this help

A group of deer hunters are in camp when they realize that they are running low on provisions.

The group appointed Joe to get supplies.

Joe went into the store and bought 10 bottles of whiskey, 12 cases of beer and 2 packages of hotdogs.

When he returned to the camp the group looked in his truck and they asked, "Joe, what in the world are we gonna do with all them damn hotdogs?"

~T-BONE~
11-15-2011, 07:17 PM
i wouldnt waste my time.. try hunter crk if its still open or sowaqua.. Then theres always skagit.. lots of roads probably people too.. just means ya gotta walk a bit!

recoil
11-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Went up hunter a couple years ago didnt see much sign but very good looking country, got some grouse, should be some blacktails up there if you get lucky you might catch one in the open.

~T-BONE~
11-15-2011, 07:25 PM
some beauty bowls in the back (SE) that i used to see deer in constantly.. though it was 12-14 yrs ago.. they should be around still on the edges of the old or new cuts at the big timber

Whonnock Boy
11-15-2011, 07:33 PM
OK here is a joke, does this help

A group of deer hunters are in camp when they realize that they are running low on provisions.

The group appointed Joe to get supplies.

Joe went into the store and bought 10 bottles of whiskey, 12 cases of beer and 2 packages of hotdogs.

When he returned to the camp the group looked in his truck and they asked, "Joe, what in the world are we gonna do with all them damn hotdogs?"

Well, you tried. A for effort, C for execution. :-D

Any way, I have been up a couple times in the last few weeks. More of a look around than anything. I did not see a lot of sign. A couple sets of tracks, no rubs, no sightings. There really is not a lot of accessible area up there. Looking on Google Earth may suggest otherwise, but the roads are overgrown, gated, or the bridges are pulled. It has not discouraged me from hunting there again, I just think my time could be used more wisely elsewhere right now. Maybe I will scout it out next year before the season starts.

heatherdaddy
11-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, you tried. A for effort, C for execution. :-D

Any way, I have been up a couple times in the last few weeks. More of a look around than anything. I did not see a lot of sign. A couple sets of tracks, no rubs, no sightings. There really is not a lot of accessible area up there. Looking on Google Earth may suggest otherwise, but the roads are overgrown, gated, or the bridges are pulled. It has not discouraged me from hunting there again, I just think my time could be used more wisely elsewhere right now. Maybe I will scout it out next year before the season starts.
You are right that one was pretty bad, this one is better.

A man goes hunting and gets lost in the woods.

Remembering the universal distress signal of fireing 3 shots, he fires 3 shots into the air and waits.

After an hour he fires 3 more shots. Another hour goes by and still no one comes to help.

Preparing for the next sequence he says to himself, “I hope somebody comes this time because these are my last three arrows.”

sarg
11-15-2011, 08:35 PM
has anyone one boated across the lake and hiked the back side of the lake? i was up the fishing in the spring and it didnt look that bad.