PDA

View Full Version : MU 2-18 East Harrison question

stinney
11-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Hey peeps,

I'm heading up to try the east side of harrison lake around big silver creek for mulies with some hunting buddies. Any areas or recommendations of where to try or not try? I've been up the area to check out and looks somewhat promising but if anyone has any experience there any tips are greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Steeleco
11-15-2011, 06:39 AM
If you have the means and the road is somewhat still do able, going east from the bear creek camp site might just get you something to shoot. I haven't hunted it since the camp site was washed into the lake a few years back, but we saw lots of does the day we we're in there, the bucks can't be far.

stinney
11-17-2011, 11:09 AM
that was my impression as well. much appreciated for the input. will keep you posted on my adventure

mikeboehm
11-18-2011, 02:38 PM
Thinking about going east harrison on sunday. Does anyone know how much snows out there. Taking my buddy out to try to get his first kill

Brew
11-18-2011, 02:57 PM
There is only about 4 inches of snow on the mainline. Went up to work this morning at 4 and the snow was still falling but it is clear and sunny now and our choppers are still flying wood out. Big silver and farther up was a gongshow last weekend. Guys and trucks and camps all over. I did get a 2 point up there though. Now just looking for a big guy. Talking to a few people already and I think there will be lots up there again this weekend. Dont bother with the hornet creek road. We are heli logging up there and you will just get turned around. Good luck

warnniklz
11-18-2011, 03:18 PM
I'll probably be part of the gong show with my g-pa this sunday.

Do you guys that hunt up there usually camp up there or do just drive up early in the morning??