PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack area hunting?

MattTse
11-13-2011, 05:42 PM
I just found out I have tomorrow off. So I figured I would go out for a day hunt. I've never hunted the area before but camped and wheeled it alot. I was wondering I anyone could point me in a decent direction to get me started..
Thanks
Matt

goleafs
11-13-2011, 05:50 PM
East Harrison about 38km. Was there yesterday only saw a doe but shot # bucks the last # years up there. Good luck

MattTse
11-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Thx for the help. I've put in Tons of hours in Harrison east. Got my bear around there this year. But only saw does and fawns. Ive given up on Harrison for this season. Thank :)

brian
11-13-2011, 06:36 PM
My experience of Chilliwack has been cagey deer that are under a lot of hunting pressure. But obviously there are good bucks there, you just have to know where. Unfortunately I don't know where that is yet.

Brew
11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
East Harrison about 38km. Was there yesterday only saw a doe but shot # bucks the last # years up there. Good luck
If you do go up to 38km. Which is the pine main and hornet creek roads. Be careful, Off highway logging trucks running the pine during the week and there are not too many wide spots to let him by. Hornet creek you will be turned around on. They are starting a heli job up there and the helicopter is landed on the road all day. On weekends the gate on the hornet will be locked if not it means they are working.