PDA

View Full Version : Bag limits

ryanshaw44
11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
So I just bagged a 4 point wt in region 8 . I'll be in Merritt in the next week and would like to try my luck again in region 3. Am I still able to shoot another wt buck in a different region? And where about would I go for a WT near Merritt? Thanks for any input.

BearStump
11-13-2011, 07:17 PM
YES. any wt buck and you can take 1 in reg 3 (merrit.) Good luck on info finding one.

NaStY
11-13-2011, 09:53 PM
YES. any wt buck and you can take 1 in reg 3 (merrit.) Good luck on info finding one.

I think you need to reread the regs me thinks. Look for provincial bag limits.

Livewire322
11-13-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah the prov bag limit is set generically as DEER and you can take 3... Ive already asked this question and taken skuff for it.

Westslope
11-14-2011, 12:09 AM
I recommend either reading the regs more closely or calling a CO. Do you trust your pickup, rifle and hunting license to others who may interpret regs incorrectly?

r106
11-14-2011, 12:27 AM

last time I checked 1 whitetail in region 8 + 1 whitetail in region 3 = 2 deer. provincial bag limit is 3. whats the problem

matt420
11-14-2011, 01:28 AM
YES! you an take one whitetail buck in region 8, then go to region 3 and get another whitetail buck

Deeboe
11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
I don't know why but I was under the impression that you could shoot 3 deer provincially (bag limit) with only 1 being a WT, then i read this:

"DEER LICENCES
4A person must not possess more than
15 of any current year deer licences. The
combination of deer licences may include a
maximum of 3 mule deer and 3 white-tailed
deer licences.
4There are special deer licences (Queen
Charlotte Islands Deer Licences) which
allow hunters to exceed the 2 deer bag
limit for the Skeena Region and the 3 deer
provincial bag limit up to a maximum of 15
deer when hunting on the Queen Charlotte
Islands (MUs 6-12, 6-13). Up to 3 regular
mule deer licences can be used on the
Queen Charlottes, but they will count toward
the regional and provincial bag limits. (For
example, if a mule deer licence is used in
MU 6-12 or 6-13, a hunter will be prevented
from pursuing deer elsewhere in the Skeena
Region, and it will count towards the 3-deer
provincial bag limit)."

Looks to me like you are good to go.....

NaStY
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Sorry misunderstood the op....

Now I know you meant another region after the first.

r106
11-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I don't know why but I was under the impression that you could shoot 3 deer provincially (bag limit) with only 1 being a WT, then i read this:

"DEER LICENCES
4A person must not possess more than
15 of any current year deer licences. The
combination of deer licences may include a
maximum of 3 mule deer and 3 white-tailed
deer licences.
4There are special deer licences (Queen
Charlotte Islands Deer Licences) which
allow hunters to exceed the 2 deer bag
limit for the Skeena Region and the 3 deer
provincial bag limit up to a maximum of 15
deer when hunting on the Queen Charlotte
Islands (MUs 6-12, 6-13). Up to 3 regular
mule deer licences can be used on the
Queen Charlottes, but they will count toward
the regional and provincial bag limits. (For
example, if a mule deer licence is used in
MU 6-12 or 6-13, a hunter will be prevented
from pursuing deer elsewhere in the Skeena
Region, and it will count towards the 3-deer
provincial bag limit)."

Looks to me like you are good to go.....

The first paragraph is explaining the legal amount of deer tags you can carry. It has nothing to do with bag limits. The second explains the Queen Charlett deer tags. How the hell does that clear anything up in regards to the amount of deer you can harvest????? You CAN"T harvest 3 whitetail and 3 mule deer.

The provincial bag limit is 3 ( not including the QC ) Look in the synopsis under provincial bag limits not deer licenses

*bcgold*
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Do people ever read the REG>S anymore?? Your excuse to a CO "Well BC Hunting Forum said I can" Its under bag limits

BearStump
11-14-2011, 09:12 AM
Re: Bag limits http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png

Originally Posted by BearStump http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1017155#post1017155)

Wow, you actually made me go back and double check that I was right.

Deeboe
11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
The first paragraph is explaining the legal amount of deer tags you can carry. It has nothing to do with bag limits. The second explains the Queen Charlett deer tags. How the hell does that clear anything up in regards to the amount of deer you can harvest????? You CAN"T harvest 3 whitetail and 3 mule deer.

The provincial bag limit is 3 ( not including the QC ) Look in the synopsis under provincial bag limits not deer licenses

If you'll notice, It says in my quote at the bottom, that the PROVINCIAL BAG LIMIT is 3 deer. If you go to page 16 in the regs., regarding provincial bag limits, then under the deer column, It also says "refer to Deer Licenses" (which is the quote I posted). If you continue to read it also says this: "Provincial bag limits
may be achieved by hunting in one or more regions provided the regional bag limits are not exceeded."

I hope helps to clarify the original question..... R106, you just confirmed what I originally posted, but thank you for your 2 cents ;)