PDA

View Full Version : Cow Elk 4-08 C+ December Draw Help

Whonnock Boy
11-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I entered both the Wife and I, as well as my two hunting partners into this draw for groups, and my partners got it. We have planned to go up the weekend of the 10th. I am somewhat familiar with the area. We were planning on setting up camp out of Krestova being that it is somewhat central to the area. I was hoping to get some ideas on where to look around, and maybe some leads on private land. Any, and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Glassman
11-13-2011, 06:48 PM
The later you go in Dec the better

Whonnock Boy
11-13-2011, 07:35 PM
The later you go in Dec the better

Yes, I kind of figured that, but the week after takes us into Christmas. The wives were not too keen on that. :confused: My thinking was to let the area cool down a bit after the previous draw opening, and the start of theirs. Not that there will be a big push of hunters considering that there is only 8 draws, and they have two of those.

elksmasher
11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
It's snowing here now,Is Krestova in 4-08c?

Whonnock Boy
11-14-2011, 08:01 PM
It's snowing here now,Is Krestova in 4-08c?

Affirmative. Was planning on having a look around there.

elksmasher
11-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Okay it is,that is mostly private land,I'd head to the Glade powerlines.

JohnS
11-14-2011, 08:05 PM

Just seen 8 cows and 3 calfs on the way home tonight LOL!!! lots of cows out there see them everyday

Whonnock Boy
11-14-2011, 08:19 PM

Yes, that is a major drawback but, I know of a couple spots that we can check out.

I assume you can access the power lines without crossing private property off of Makonin Road. Is this correct?

Just seen 8 cows and 3 calfs on the way home tonight LOL!!! lots of cows out there see them everyday

What a tease! :-D Are you willing to elaborate?

Whonnock Boy
12-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Just wanted to bump this up to the top. Anyone else willing to part with some info would be greatly appreciated. We have done our research and have a few spots on the to do list, but the more info the better. Cheers!

doubled
12-08-2011, 03:47 PM
Good luck in your hunt.