PDA

View Full Version : Sicamous Whitetails?

henderson
11-12-2011, 05:39 PM
So we are planning a trip next weekend for whitetails around Sicamous. I've never been there before but my buddy used to live there and his old man still does. His old man has been scouting it out for us when he can apparently. I know they are there because my buddy has a 5 point shed his old man gave him last year.

Anyways Im looking for any info I can get about this area. Ive been doing research on google earth but personal info is always best.

Thanks a lot,
Henderson

TheWeasel
11-12-2011, 09:09 PM
not many whiteys there , but most down closer to grindrod. south of sicamous. or you could try FSR from three valley gap to mabel lake, been told theres lots taken off that road.

Little Red Man
11-13-2011, 12:09 AM
Have to agree......been hunting a bit around Sicamous myself and definately have not seen any whities there (that's not to say there are none). Having said that, I have a buddy of mine who is in forestry and cruieses the backroads plenty, and agrees with what Weasel says about the Three Valley Gap/Mabel Lake Rd. However, he tells me there are only "pockets" of them, so I would not expect to see tons back there.

Looking_4_Jerky
11-13-2011, 01:22 AM
I don't think Sicamous is a whitetail mecca by any stretch, but a little local knowledge can make all the difference. You're right, they are there for sure. I used to teach in Sicamous and have seen a couple of stompers around that area. Would I ever put money on grabbing one off Crown land? That might be a different story. Either way, if you're confident that your buddy's dad has it dialed, pull the trigger on the Sicamous trip. If not, tell your buddy to meet you in Ashton Creek or Kingfisher. Both have decent pockets and you might see some mulies too (4 points are open).

Good luck.

CNE
11-13-2011, 01:25 PM
careful jerky, dont get the guy in trouble there!!! ashton creek and kingfisher are in region 8, whiteys are open but last time i ckecked the regs mulies closed on nov 10!

henderson
11-13-2011, 03:21 PM
careful jerky, dont get the guy in trouble there!!! ashton creek and kingfisher are in region 8, whiteys are open but last time i ckecked the regs mulies closed on nov 10!

Thanks for the heads up, but I was already aware of this :D! Anyways thanks all for the comments. We are still undecided on what to do but it will be a long drive up there so we have plenty of time to decide... That Mabel lake road looks interesting we might decide to do that. Thanks again guys.