PDA

View Full Version : Why do people ask dump questions??!!??

BLACKtaillearner
11-12-2011, 01:54 PM
so ive been a member of HBC for a couple weeks now, and I see some people asking dumb questions like when the rut is on and how high-up are the deer. My thoughts on this is go out in the woods and find out for yourself cause sitting on a computer asking about these types of things isn't gonna shoot a deer or fill the freezer. Now I no some people may not have time to "beat the bush" but on the days you can go out,go, it won't be hurting anything.

BLACKtaillearner

Gateholio
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
HBC is for people to ask questions, share knowledge, have dialogue about topics. You don't need to read the questions if you don't want to.

PS, the title of this thread is pretty dumb. Or is that dump?

Mishka
11-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, what a dumb question.

Weatherby Fan
11-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Always remember there are no dumb questions,only dumb answers,most hunters may know about when the rut is on but may need a few more opinions to confirm their thoughts !
WF

BearStump
11-12-2011, 02:07 PM
some people dont have the time to get out 2 or 3 days a week. some people can only get out two or three day hunts a year. If thats the case then it is nice to have all the info you can before you go to increase your odds of connecting on a deer.
It was nice when I was single with no kids and had all the free time in the world, but things sure change.

SimilkameenSlayer
11-12-2011, 02:09 PM
there are no dump questions. i think dump questions should be encouraged.

MOOSE MILK
11-12-2011, 02:09 PM
No dumb questions, or do you know dumb questions?

DMAN009
11-12-2011, 02:13 PM
That is the whole purpose to this website. To share knowledge and help others out. I have learned so much from this website. I have only been able to get out 2 weekends this year. The reports help me target the right areas.

Turn down the hate! Turn up the love!

180grainer
11-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Isn't the strength of the forum in that people don't have to be inhibited in asking "any" questions for fear of being "dumped" on. Although it sure does happen. The only dumb thing I've seen on here is when Gatehouse tries to tell everyone that the 375 Ruger is superior to the H&H by using technical data. Like that matters. :)

Gilmore
11-12-2011, 02:27 PM
This might be the dumpest question of all of them.

troutseeker
11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Because they want to learn! Now that was a dump question, expect to be dumped on...

303Brit
11-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Wow someone had a tall glass of Haterade today.

Just goes to show you can fix stupid ;)

stoneguide
11-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Yep dumbest question on this forum is the thread title.

Many people have no mentors to teach them nor the many hours to spend in the field to become as knowledgable as many members here. They ask questions to help with there hunting! That kind of stuff needs to be encouraged. If they have a couple bad years cause they dont do things right they may leave the sport and we dont want that. We should be promoting the sport and the learning of the sport not degrading guys because they ask questions that others already know.

I guarentee before you became the almighty outdoorsman and master hunter you think you are BLACKtaillearner you asked a pile of your so called dumb questions and I bet in the company of many HBC members you would be humbled if you had the balls to ask a few more questions and would probably become a far better hunter!

Teaching and helping fellow hunters others is every hunters responsability and should be a no brainer even if the question seems dumb. To that person asking the question it is something they wish to learn more about so dont deny that!!!
SG

barry1974w
11-12-2011, 02:41 PM
some people dont have the time to get out 2 or 3 days a week. some people can only get out two or three day hunts a year. If thats the case then it is nice to have all the info you can before you go to increase your odds of connecting on a deer.
It was nice when I was single with no kids and had all the free time in the world, but things sure change.

Oh do they ever change............

MountainHigh
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Someone will always answer no matter how dump the question is. Thats why people ask the dump questions.

lilhoss
11-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I see young grasshopper that you only have 4 posts.You will really get to know alot of members with a thread like this.During this upcoming off season I plan to ask alot of dumb questions about some general guidance about elk hunting in the east koots,as I don't live there.I hope to get alot of dumb answers that will help me out with my attempt at an elk.

CabinFever
11-12-2011, 02:53 PM
The power of suggestion is amazing. I now have to take a dump.

fearnodeer
11-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Well i wish HBC was around when i started hunting because i feel like i've been ripped off not being able to ask so many dumb questions, but i'm trying to make up for it by giving so many dumb answers. So the answer to your question is i guess we are not as smart as you, so you should share your knowledge with those of us who are as not smart as you. Gotto go a feel a dump coming on since i looked at the question again.

peashooter
11-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Ah, the high and mighty has spoken.........but seems a cat has his tongue now, hmm.

burger
11-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Sometimes mine is electric green! Why? Is that a dump question?

2legit
11-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Like a few poeple said, gotta ask questions to learn. I have always wanted to hunt but dont know anyone to go with. Here I read, read and read. Never been hunting but over the last year of membership to the site I can almost promise myself when I go next season I will be coming back with something to show for it. That being said, I have read enough here that if I dont get anything I wont be suprised either. Should ban his IP, dont need negativity like this dumpass on here

11-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Speaking of " DUMP "

Are ya talking garbage dump or do you mean dumb .......?

DUH .... thought so......

People have to start some where, no problem asking questions, some have no one to help them.

Don't be so DUMP ..... I mean DUMB ....

Dumbest THREAD ON HERE YET.

CT

Singleshotneeded
11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Well, I mean if you have a computer, then asking dump questions is pretty dumb, because y'all can just google "dump and your town"
and you'll get the address and times they're open. Gotta be pretty dumb if you can't find the dump! As far as dumb questions about
hunting, there's no such thing, and that's what this site is for. Of course it would be great if some peeps, and y'all know who you are,
would pick up a copy of the hunting regs and read it instead of asking simple questions about regs that are easily found in the manual.
Questions about techniques, elevations, the rut, etc, are all good!

Ddog
11-12-2011, 03:06 PM
WOW,, they probably ask dump questions cause its the wrong colour?

anyways, you obviously need to learn about this website, people asking for advice on here is a way of learning, if someone asks a question its obvious they want to learn about that subject they are asking about.!
Are you saying you have never asked anyone for any advice , ever? Hmmff good for you for knowing everything and enjoy such an elite club.
There are no dumb questions. ( i think) although i have heard a few that come pretty close to being tagged that way.
have a great day,
and by the way burger did you drink the blue raspberry slurpee? cause mine was electric green after those too! LOL

shaydog65
11-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Some people don't have the resources ie other people to ask these kinds of questions to. And we all like to BS about hunting, so personally I've started turning here to fill those voids.

Trapper D
11-12-2011, 03:20 PM
179 views 25 attempted answers. if you dont know the answer google it. Answer -because they dont know any better:-D.

r106
11-12-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't have anyone to learn from or ask. My grandpa was the only hunter I knew, but he died before i took up the sport. Everything I know about hunting is self taught or learned from this site. There is a huge amount of info on here and a lot of it came from threads with a newb asking a "dumb" question.

But after learning a bit and being part of this site for awhile some of the question seem dumb now. But they didn't seem like it a few years ago when I was starting out. Remeber we all got to start somewere

500grhollowpoint
11-12-2011, 04:01 PM
lol Great thread....

Jagermeister
11-12-2011, 04:44 PM
Are you all done ragging on him or what?
There are a lot of "dump" or dumb questions, there are a lot of good questions. And then there are people that just have to be spoon fed. They do not want to make the effort to go out and see for themselves or google their question because there is too much reading to do to get the answer they seek. It is much easier to pose the question here and if the knowledge is not forthcoming from a member(s), then the members will do the google thing. Simple as that.
Also, it is a way of breaking their "cherry" much like you did posting this thread and increasing the post count.

frenchbar
11-12-2011, 04:53 PM
does anyone know if the dumps open?

scoopy
11-12-2011, 04:57 PM
This should help with all of the dump questions.

http://vancouver.ca/engsvcs/solidwaste/landfill/rates.htm

fearnodeer
11-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Are you all done ragging on him or what?
There are a lot of "dump" or dumb questions, there are a lot of good questions. And then there are people that just have to be spoon fed. They do not want to make the effort to go out and see for themselves or google their question because there is too much reading to do to get the answer they seek. It is much easier to pose the question here and if the knowledge is not forthcoming from a member(s), then the members will do the google thing. Simple as that.
Also, it is a way of breaking their "cherry" much like you did posting this thread and increasing the post count.

Well intresting response, if it was a dumb question i guess we should accept it for that. After all we say there are no dumb questions so welcome to the site.

Allen50
11-12-2011, 06:16 PM
well think about it, when your sitting there taking that dump, your thinking up some questions to ask someone, what else is there to do while sitting there, so along comes a dump question, so you have to go to HBC and ask it, thats why its a dump question,,, there go the heading,,,ha ha ha ha ha ha ,, if you dont know all you have to do is ask,,, someone will tell you the answer to the dump question,,, good luck on both,,,lol lol lol;;;

steel_ram
11-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Very true. The refuge of the bathroom in a family dwelling is often the only locallity deep dump thought can occur.

goatdancer
11-12-2011, 07:57 PM
The only dumb question is the one that is not asked.

ianwuzhere
11-12-2011, 08:07 PM
this is dump ;)

cloverphil
11-12-2011, 08:13 PM
dump/dumb questions :

if 89% of people suffer from diarrhea, does that mean the other 11% enjoy it ?

Foxton Gundogs
11-12-2011, 08:19 PM
[QUOTE=BLACKtaillearner;1016266]
so ive been a member of HBC for a couple weeks now, and I see some people asking dumb questions like when the rut is on and how high-up are the deer. My thoughts on this is go out in the woods and find out for yourself cause sitting on a computer asking about these types of things isn't gonna shoot a deer or fill the freezer. Now I no some people may not have time to "beat the bush" but on the days you can go out,go, it won't be hurting anything.

My old Gramps used to say "You can learn something from everyone, even the VILLAGE IDIOT, even if all you learn from him is you don't want to be like him". I guess we all just learned something LOL

.300wsm
11-12-2011, 08:25 PM
listen to all you idiots emphasizing the "dump" haha it's like the first post wasn't enough now on to page 5. goofs

Aim-High
11-12-2011, 08:40 PM
I would rather answer a dumb question,than see that person make a dumb mistake.

scoutlt1
11-12-2011, 08:47 PM
what are you doing on here asking "why do people ask dump questions"? Shouldn't you "be out in the woods and find out for yourself"?...."cause sitting on a computer asking about these types of things isn't gonna shoot a deer or fill the freezer"

180grainer
11-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't have anyone to learn from or ask. My grandpa was the only hunter I knew, but he died before i took up the sport. Everything I know about hunting is self taught or learned from this site. There is a huge amount of info on here and a lot of it came from threads with a newb asking a "dumb" question.

But after learning a bit and being part of this site for awhile some of the question seem dumb now. But they didn't seem like it a few years ago when I was starting out. Remeber we all got to start somewere

Say's it all doesn't it....

Doc Sprat
11-12-2011, 09:33 PM
We are all bad at grammar, ****

buzz720
11-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Dear new/inexperienced hunters, there will be no more asking of dumb questions because there will be no more need. We have been graced by the presence of God's gift to hunters on this forum. If any of you weren't born with everything there is to know about hunting, you never had any to teach you to hunt, or your family member/friend has died before their knowledge was passed on to you, bask in the glory of the Mesiah's avatar and the information that you seek will appear in your thoughts.

Morel
11-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I am new to hunting and have learned a lot from reading the generous posts addressing other people's "dumb" questions and have learned a great deal from HBC folk's answering my "dumb" questions. Yes boots on the ground provides a lot of experience. However, heading out into the bush totally unprepared is dangerous; there are a lot of questions that should be asked and answered before heading out. Many of the answers can be found on the internet and many can be answered by experienced folks on HBC. There is a lot of conflicting information on the internet and sifting through the crap can be daunting for someone new to hunting. Many people that post are putting a great deal of trust in getting honest answers to questions from more experienced hunters.

Before panning other's "dumb" questions, please ask yourself if you would rather someone ask the "dumb" question of if .22 round can really travel a mile before or after they go hunting and shoot at something? Do you want to be in the bush with someone unsure of their backstop or the dangerous distance of their ammo? Do you want to be in the bush with someone who does not even think of asking about the dangerous distance of the ammo they are using? Do you want to be the a$$ that keeps someone from even asking the question because they are afraid of being called stupid? OR Would you rather answer a question for someone who is willing to learn?

My two drachmas.

bearhunter338-06
11-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I always ask the dump question so I know where to take my garbage when I come out of the bush.

Now if the OP had a drink or 2 too many and said dump instead of dumb or just can't spell I say to you "Their is no such thing as a dumb question just a dumb answer, mostly from a dumb ass"

The Dude
11-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey, quit dumping on the guy :D

Little Red Man
11-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Although I am not a junior or inexperienced hunter, I only moved back to the Best Place on Earth (my ORIGINAL home) a couple years ago, and hunting here is a completely different ball of wax from where I have hunted most of my hunting career. This site has been a WEALTH of information for me to get "up to speed". As far as I am concerned, the OP is an asshat, and should be kicked in the nuts for his comments. All I can say is THANKS to all the folks on this site for making it what it is. Personally, I will help ANYONE out who wants know more about hunting and fishing, because I get almost as much pleasure (sometime MORE, if they are young or inexperienced) in helping someone else enjoy the outdoors, as I do myself! HBC'ers YOU (most of you) ROCK!! Keep up the good work!

skibum
11-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Can not believe that I went through five pages of this. I should be spending more time in the bush

Fixit
11-13-2011, 12:31 AM
so, sometimes i find corn, and when i think back, im thinking "when was the last time i ate corn" and i totally cant remember! sometimes i ask my friends about my dumps

new hunter
11-13-2011, 01:05 AM
No one taught me how to hunt ,and if it weren't for guys on this forum answering my dumb questions I would have never known where to start looking , or even if what I needed was to persist doing what wasn't working for me , or if i needed to change my tactics .
One other thing , I live in the sea to sky , this is tough territory to cover and it isn't always possible to just cover tons of miles to figure out were things are and what theyre doing , it has made a huge difference in my scouting to get advice on line .