PDA

View Full Version : boneparte lake

browningboy
09-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Was wondering if anyone was hunting by Boneparte lake? I seen lots of game there in the summer but was wondering how it is in the fall? I was wondering if there are any moose taken or is it a road hunted heaven.:|

Steeleco
09-23-2006, 10:41 PM
I've seen some big deer on the road into Boneparte, and know people that take moose there fairly regularly. That whole region is one of my favorites.

FullDraw
09-23-2006, 11:49 PM
I'll let you know when I get back after thanks giv'en.

FullDraw

Jelvis
09-24-2006, 08:29 AM
To the boy who likes brownings about Boneparte Lake which part of the lake? East end or west end? which Mu? Hammer L, Lil Scott, on west end, Mayson Lake East end. Eagan and Machette N of the Lake winter area. It's a good area thats closest to the Island and Vancouver for moose, If you want deer it's pretty good also. bear grouse etc heavily hunted area but fairly good success IMHO. Take the Boneparte River road from just above Clinton into nice topography. Jel 9246

Will
09-24-2006, 08:50 AM
...heavily hunted area
To say the least ! :lol:
Opportunities are still there nonetheless !

DBM
09-24-2006, 08:53 AM
My buddy knows where the moose winter there, but access is near impossible. 4 or 5 years ago they made it in and they saw 12 moose in one morning.

Jelvis
09-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Some hunters from kammy go in from 70 Mile House to Lil Scott Lake and when it's hunting time, its Hammer time. Where Mu 3:30 and Mu 5:1 boundaries meet in from 70 Mile House, B.C. and keep going east. This maze of lakes, low ridges, and swales is criss/cross with logging roads. Water Fowl from sept to october on Pacific flyways migrating south to warmer balmier climates warm water and sandy beaches. >>>>>>>>> Jelly Roll <<<<<<<.9246

greenbike1
09-25-2006, 02:55 PM
Came back from Hammer yesterday. Very busy area lots of gun fire through out the day. Guys in the site took two spikes. 1 about a hundred meters from the entrance to the site. Lots of does,grouse, bucks I saw were at 1250 meters plus. Lots of opportunity up there to be sure, if you get there before the place is cleaned out.

mrdoog
09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
The Bonaparte is incredible country.
We go in from the Jamieson Creek Rd., have gone in from the other side but it's a long drive.
My Dad likes the drive from Barriere, past Gorman Lake onto Jamieson. Head North for a while, then back to Kamloops on the Jamieson.
That's a full day for him.

FullDraw
09-25-2006, 09:15 PM
I'll be heading to hammer on Thank's giv'en I hope there is some game left by then. Should be a fun trip.

FullDraw

browningboy
09-26-2006, 08:47 PM
The area that I saw lots of game was up Jamieson Creek, we actually stayed at Spruce Wilderness Lodge, but keep in mind that this was summer time so little or no action on the roads. I guess to find something thats not so busy, I'll have to buy a helicopter:lol: ! as everyone seems to have jetboats now, but who cares as long as you can get out and enjoy!
Straight shootin'

Jelvis
09-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Jamieson is good but you have to know where the Mu boundaries are the Mule deer bucks migrate from Boneaparte Lake and Bridge Lake all the way to Kamloops Lake and in between starting early because the snow comes early in the western mountains, Deer good at Mayson L til sept 20th then disperse some where into the forest. Moose winter around Egan Lake Machette Lake area after deeper snow comes. Lehs are few and Spike/Fork just as good as anywhere else IMHO. Good size Bulls up there. Nice mules also. It is in my plans to go up J-my-son Creek soon Jel>9266

boonerbuck
09-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll be heading to hammer on Thank's giv'en I hope there is some game left by then. Should be a fun trip.

FullDraw

The deer start getting pretty scarce in the area come mid Oct. Not because of being cleaned out, but because they have started to migrate towards their winter range. A lot of these deer head west. I start seeing the push of deer move through my place near 70 Mile at this time.

On the other hand, some real big bucks stay behind longer but they are hard to come by.

The fish are no longer as big as they use to be in that chain of lakes also. They have rehabilitated the creeks and are going with a natural spawn program. I was surprised this year that Hammer wasn't producing my usual 3lb average and nice couple of 5 pounders. Just a couple of 1.5- 2 lb fish and the caddis hatch was on big time too.

FullDraw
09-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Ya Booner the deer hunting was slow last year when we were there. They seemed to be out by Loon lake. I realy want a spike bull as I got a deer already, I would settle on a black bear as well.

FullDraw

browningboy
09-27-2006, 09:32 PM
You won't have troubles finding a black bear, they seem to be around every corner or tree:twisted:

browningboy
10-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Has anyone hunted for moose around here with success?

pupper
10-09-2006, 11:27 AM
a guy from my church nailed an immature bull moose in boneparte plateu. Is that the same area?
its around cache creek loone lake area.
I went there last year and passed up a 4 point buck cuz i couldnt see his 4th untill he started to run away.