PDA

View Full Version : What to do.. Or what would you have done..

Hemi
11-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I went out this morning and after getting passed all the hunters I found a spot. It was small about 3-4 acres with new growth all around. I parked and went and sprayed some scent on some trees and did a couple of grunts and sat in the truck chatting with the wife. I then did a couple more grunts and waited. Then to my left I saw 3 does coming out of the back. They had seen me and were picking up the pace slowing a little to look at me.. I froze they were about 80 yards and I couldn't move they would of saw the door open and gone. Well they went down a trail and I followed they took to the bush and I followed. saw them once in the bush and they headed for the fsr. I heard a vehicle and when I got there 2 guys were tracking them on the other side of the road. They failed to. So my question is what could I have done different to prevent this from happening again??

lightmag
11-11-2011, 05:12 PM
dont sit in your truck

eastkoot
11-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Yep, sit in your truck you will get Hemi's , and no deer......

cloverphil
11-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Do you have a doe draw? Are you tracking does or looking for a buck ? What exactly do you want to prevent from happening when you say "this."

Allen50
11-11-2011, 05:24 PM
you will alwese find others hunting the same area, yea sitting in truck well you keep warm and chat to the wife,, the deer go looking for another to shoot them, lollol,, good luck,, be truck free to get a dear,,,,deer,,,,,lol lol

Hemi
11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Do you have a doe draw? Are you tracking does or looking for a buck ? What exactly do you want to prevent from happening when you say "this."

Anterless season here in region 7.. Prevent what well is there a way to get there attention or stop them.. I normally never do what I did I am always out of my truck. This was more of a spending time with the wife as I work on the road and am now home for a few months. I was ready for a deer to come in front not behind my bad. should I have just jumped out aimed and shot. Or do you think they would have just bolted faster..

fearnodeer
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
First off would have had sex with the wife then blamed her for me missing my deer. Other than that would have got out of the truck and started hunting.

Fisher-Dude
11-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Stay in the truck. Wait until they mellow out before you start flailing around trying to load up. If they were on your side of the truck, boot the old lady out the passenger side and get out on her side so they don't see you hopping around.

Lotsa road huntin' tricks that bring success. :wink:

ianwuzhere
11-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Keep lookin for the bucks, they will show up soon! road hunting can produce well sometimes, especially when guys are pushin em around, luck is needed sometimez..

emerson
11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I stopped the truck, got out and watched a doe and 2 fawns last month for several minutes until they entered a patch of brush. When I started up and drove past the brush, the doe came out the other side and walked toward the truck until I rolled down the window and asked what she wanted. Then she ran off 50 yds and kept looking. Maybe not typical, but it happened.

Hemi
11-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I stopped the truck, got out and watched a doe and 2 fawns last month for several minutes until they entered a patch of brush. When I started up and drove past the brush, the doe came out the other side and walked toward the truck until I rolled down the window and asked what she wanted. Then she ran off 50 yds and kept looking. Maybe not typical, but it happened.

The 3 does today seemed spooked right from the get go.. I should have been more alert but I wasn't I am going out Sunday will get one then and will post pics.. LOL

boxhitch
11-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Don't mix hunting with sex
Had me chuckling about spraying scent around on the trees and then crawling in with the wife. :)

Big Lew
11-11-2011, 09:52 PM
If it's important for you and/or your Wife to sit together, bring a couple of camp chairs along and sit a bit away from your truck so that you can watch the whole area with your loaded gun and a pair of binoculars at the ready. As you found out, sometimes it seems like forever to quietly and discreetly slip out, load, and then get a bead on spooky animals.