PDA

View Full Version : Another blonde story

6 K
11-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Well I am going to keep this down to the short version.
Both the wife and I drew moose, and since this was her fourth draw and???? Of years being dragged around the bush with me, I really wanted to concentrate on getting her first one. After a few half day trips together with our son around home with no moose sign or even promising events. We packed up for a serious hunting camp on the other side of the zone. Four more days of her my son and I scouring the country side produced only bears and chickens. One good grizzly that we got to watch for a solid ten minutes, which was really cool. At the end of Thanksgiving Day I took the family back out of the bush with the plan for them to return Thursday evening for a final four days. In the mean time I would continue to do my thing on my own.
Up at 5:30 on the trail by 6:30 I was heading down a new spur and came to the deactivation. Off with the quad and away I went to the first cut block. Parked the mule just as I could see the beginning and before I hadn't taken five steps that oh so wonderful word came to my lips “MOOSE”. On the top tree line two thirds of the way in the block. My first thought as I glassed was “wow is it ever blonde then I saw the antlers sway and it was time to get to work. I boogied till I had to leave the road and start climbing then it was stealth mode. Once inside 200 I made a few of my most sexy moose calls and got my heart broke when he ignored me. Two sets of pleading calls got me only the most disinterested half hearted grunt you have ever heard. At least he was still here in amongst the patches of alder. Some slipping around and calf calling got me close enough to hear him exhale. Two more minutes of repositioning produced a 30yd broadside shot right near the top corner of the block. (Where was my wife NOW?!?!?!?!?) 9:28 Tag cut. Praise and thanks to the Lord God given. I don’t think I have seen a moose so blonde, truly gorgeous animal. Just my year for coloured animals I guess. Now the fun began. I made it home in the early afternoon the next day. Much to my family’s surprise, sort of. The wife said “I knew as soon as I left the moose would show up”. My son managed to catch a real humdinger of a cold/cough so we left him behind for the last four days. We had a good time and found the grizzly again this time for over half an hour but only cows showed themselves. Her luck seems to have held out again this year.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Moose_111.jpg

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Moose_11_B.jpg

gerrygoat
11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Nice bull 6K, congrats

lightmag
11-11-2011, 11:11 AM
blonde for sure !! look at how blk my brothers bull similar size is comapared to that !!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/dentonjohnson/utf-8BaW1hZ2VqcGVnXzJfMy5qcGc.jpg

age, genetics????

6 K
11-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Got to be genetics.
I really liked this bull,l if I was ever to have one mounted this would have been him.
One thing simular between the two is the happy grin on the hunters' face:-D

lightmag
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Got to be genetics.
I really liked this bul,l if I was ever to have one mounted this would have been him.
One thing simular between the two is the happy grin on the hunters' face:-D

lol so true, the best similarity :)

Singleshotneeded
11-11-2011, 02:15 PM
Congrats 6K, nice bull!

BCbillies
11-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Good job. Nice looking . . . even better eating! :)