PDA

View Full Version : okangan whitetail

scoutlt1
09-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi everyone. Just joined the forum. There is some great information on here.
I have an anterless whitetail draw for region 8-8 and was wondering if anyone could offer me some information as to where they might be hiding in this area. I've done some scouting and found that the recommendations I've got so far are focused mostly on more populated areas in behind Summerland or Peachland....not that I have a problem with that necessarily but I definitely enjoy being a little further out if possible....
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance and happy hunting!!

Jelvis
09-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey number 1 scout good to see you joined up to hunting in B.C. now you're in the hunting action info site. Antlerless whitetail now that should be good venison for sure. MU 8:8 good one, Gotta four by four or quad or using two wheel? Hunting early season or late? Have you gotta BC Recreational Atlas? Go up Trout Creek or Darke Creek or Shingle Creek Whitetails like farm land and creek bottoms, >>> Jelly <<< 9236

scoutlt1
09-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the response.
I have an atv and a four wheel drive and will be hunting in november. I'm pretty familiar with the area but I've never hunted for whitetail before.
I had a look at the Darke Lake area a few weeks ago but it seems like it's mostly houses and fields and not really anywhere to camp....unless I'm going blind...which is possible:p
But thanks again and I look forward to anymore info!!

GoatGuy
09-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Not sure where you live/where you're staying but wt density and population is much higher on the east side. There are wt's on that side but not nearly as many. Just a suggestion.

Stone Sheep Steve
09-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Stick closer to the towns of Peachland and Westbank(watch the M.U's change above Westbank) and you'll see more whities than higher up. Their #'s are growing.

SSS

scoutlt1
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Thanks Stone Sheep.
I appreciate the info and will probably head over to the east side to check that out. I did draw anterless for 8-8 which is on the west side but it's starting to sound like most of the whitetail are closer to the towns....which isn't really what I'm into when it comes to hunting but hey...the opportunity for a nice whitetail doe maybe that's what I have to do!....unless someone knows of a secret spot out there.... :)