PDA

View Full Version : Yesterdays BT sheds

Brew
11-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Yesterday I went to work marking a heliblock way up east harrison. We flew into the highest helipad and started marked the poles that I wanted to buy. Near the top I found a small 3 point shed.It looked about 2 seasons old. I looked around for the other side for a while but no luck. Light was fading so I started my way back down to the pad about a km away. Fallowing the most beaten dear trail I stumbled on another shed. I picked it up and looked at it and realized it was from the same buck as the last shed. 10 feet away is the other side. For sure the same buck. I would love to see what he looks like this year. I could get in there without the helicopter for a hunt but it would take half a day to get there and one of the creeks looks impossible to cross. There are huge deer up there but you have to work extremely hard for them and even though whe are 30km north of the bt boundary they are bts for sure. That line on east harrison is so bogus. Here are some pics
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/Bare20/DSCN0805.jpg
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/Bare20/DSCN0806.jpg

west250
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Nice bone...

Brew
11-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Hiking up high in there tomorrow. There is a big 5x5 and a 3x3 running around a hill close by. Gotta get into the snow.

.270boy
11-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Who do you work for Brew... if you dont mind me asking...? I've laid some wood out up there myself, all contracted for lakeside pacific. Found some nice sheds up that way too, definitely some big bucks up there; tough country though.

beagle..t
11-10-2011, 09:54 PM
thats the only way too get the big BT hike high and work for it

Brew
11-10-2011, 10:01 PM
.270boy. I work for Gorman bros. out of westbank and lumby. Jeff and Me Barry buy the poles. We did the cogburn single stem and the tamihi creek single stem for probyn. Tamihi is doing a conventional heli right now.

.270boy
11-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Right on.... I worked on a permit up Cogburn summer of 2010, worked in a few blocks up bear creek to. Was working for a consultant out of Chilliwack. Im in the interior now working for Tolko during the summers as I finish up school. Some incredible wood still up Harrison.... We laid out wood that was 1000 cubes /ha.. stuff dreams are made of.