PDA

View Full Version : Walking Willow River off Wansa yesterday (Grizz)

emerson
11-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Was anyone walking down there in the snow yesterday?
We went in this morning and there were grizzly tracks on
top of yours all the way up the hill. They were from yesterday
too. Watch your backs folks.

lightmag
11-10-2011, 06:38 PM
up the steep hill from the bottom???

emerson
11-10-2011, 08:41 PM
up the steep hill from the bottom???
Yep, the grizz cut the trail about half way between the meadow with the big stand and the bottom of the hill and was on top of the boot prints until right before the parking area. In late Sept. I spent some time down there following his (or another's) tracks down there trying to fill my draw, but hadn't seen any new ones until today. Do you drive a yellow jeep?

winchester
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
i just moved up here and I am new to the area .i was just wondering if i can get some advice on where to go for deer close bye . i dont need to know of anyones honey holes. just a point in the right direction would be nice thanks.

emerson
11-10-2011, 09:01 PM
i just moved up here and I am new to the area .i was just wondering if i can get some advice on where to go for deer close bye . i dont need to know of anyones honey holes. just a point in the right direction would be nice thanks.
Well, I haven't seen any down there. There is a thread about PG deer that has been active in the last week. I have seen very few in huntable space close to PG. Most that have, say more open agricultural area W,SW,S, and E are better bets.

Dirty Steve
11-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I had a big Grizz follow me in there a few years back. The old Man followed me about 3 kms into a big cut block about 20 mins after me and there were 14 inch griz tracks on top of mine the whole way in. I thought he was pullin my leg until we walked out together... very attentively!
Not something I will soon forget!

CanuckShooter
11-11-2011, 08:30 AM
We live right on the Willow River, about a mile downstream from the Beaver FSR bridge...and have had grizz in our front yard on several occassions. They are a magnificent animal and you don't have to fear them at all times. :-)

lightmag
11-11-2011, 08:47 AM
We live right on the Willow River, about a mile downstream from the Beaver FSR bridge...and have had grizz in our front yard on several occassions. They are a magnificent animal and you don't have to fear them at all times. :-)

so you have elk in your back yard too ;)

CanuckShooter
11-11-2011, 09:31 AM
so you have elk in your back yard too ;)

Yes, and right in front of the house, and across the river...not exactly a best kept secret!! ;-)

lightmag
11-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Yes, and right in front of the house, and across the river...not exactly a best kept secret!! ;-)

nope but you can shoot you 6 pt elk from your deck

NORTHERN HUNTER
11-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I had the same thing happen to me off of the Log lake rd a couple weeks back..........Was walking up a hill to glass a creek below and unknown at the time a big griz followed me up the hill....only noticed him when my dog started shaking next to me (wierd cause she normally barks at bears). The bear was about 70 yards down the hill which gave me enough time to reposition, get downhill behind him, and avoid a confrontation. His front pads were 9 inches across and rear were 13 inches long. Was the first on foot encounter that i've had with one......

lightmag
11-11-2011, 03:24 PM
I had the same thing happen to me off of the Log lake rd a couple weeks back..........Was walking up a hill to glass a creek below and unknown at the time a big griz followed me up the hill....only noticed him when my dog started shaking next to me (wierd cause she normally barks at bears). The bear was about 70 yards down the hill which gave me enough time to reposition, get downhill behind him, and avoid a confrontation. His front pads were 9 inches across and rear were 13 inches long. Was the first on foot encounter that i've had with one......

log lake rd what area of town is that

NORTHERN HUNTER
11-12-2011, 03:43 PM
North of PG Past North Fraser FSR.