PDA

View Full Version : thank you

new hunter
11-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I just wanted to take a second to post a quick thank you to all the forum members who have helped me this season with there words of advise and encouragement .
After several years of trying with very little success , I finally tagged a little two point blackt tail in the country behind Pemberton .
Rack was absolutely tiny , with two points on one side and a single spike on the other .
The body was fairly decent though and gave me quite a job of cleaning , boning and packing out about two km back to my truck .
Put him down with a single 150grn 30-06 through the lungs at what I would have guessed to be about sixty yards { I don't even remember shouldering my rifle or taking off my lens caps }.
I do remember seeing his front legs buckle and hearing a single bleat , I don't think he took one step.
Sorry , no pictures , I actually didn't even think to take any until I had his guts half out , not to mention I only had my cell and it sucks .
Don't tell the C.O.s , but I was so amped up I actually forgot to cut my tag until the same moment {oops !}.
Anyways , thanx again to everyone who's been encouraging me for the last year , and good luck to everyone else who has a tag left .

beanshooter
11-09-2011, 05:08 PM
congrats!!
PM me if you're interested in going after another one closer to home

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,, CONGRATULATIONS!

SimilkameenSlayer
11-09-2011, 05:11 PM
single 150grn 30-06

you have learned well grasshopper!

congrats on a very fine kill!

11-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Nice work.
must have had fun by ywer self learnin' to gut a deer!
wait till you get to eat him it'll be that much better.

thumper1
11-09-2011, 07:48 PM
Ah, the first is always the best! And taking him by yourself means that you entirely own the experience.
What I'd give to relive the experience of my first, so many years ago!
You'll remember this deer for a long time to come.
Welcome to the fraternity!

bullwanna
11-09-2011, 07:58 PM
You have some honey holes closer to Vancouver?

fearnodeer
11-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Sounds like a well deserved animal you got there, congrads.