PDA

View Full Version : My Bad!

RoscoeP
11-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Well as fate would have it, I sold my Chek-mate recurve bow last week and had some money burning a hole in my pocket. Saw an add on Craigslist for a "Hoyt Alpha Max 32" in my draw length and weight with sight, rest, quiver and arrows. So now I own 3 Hoyt bows and could not be happier, I will probably move some parts along from my other bows and get a new rest and sight. The best part was I only paid $50 more for it than I sold the recurve for, the recurve sold with more arrows though.
Anyways I guess I am totally over to the dark side now and no going back. Cheers Roscoe :mrgreen:

greybark
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey RoscoeP , Enjoy that compoud bow you now have . Get a few harvests under your belt and then only if you feel like it switch back to Traditional or use a mixture of both .
Good luck .
Cheers

Stéphane
11-09-2011, 06:23 PM
Do you still have your Firecat? Are you selling it?

SG

Foxtail
11-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I woulda bought your checkmate...

RoscoeP
11-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Do you still have your Firecat? Are you selling it?

SG
No I sold the Firecat a few months ago, I now have 3 hoyt's, a Maxxis 31, a Maxxis 35 and the Alpha Max 32 I got yesterday. Don't know why I need 3 but it's like knives I guess you can never have to many. Just didn't want to fritter away the money and it just happened to come up on Craigslist at the right time. I am really stoked about the new to me alpha max, think I got a good deal. I test fired it before I bought it and it felt great, it has a Cobra sight and a whisker bisquet rest that I will change out. Well what to do tomorrow? Oh, I think I will go shoot some 3D at the most beautiful club in BC. Cheers Ross

RoscoeP
11-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I woulda bought your checkmate...
I thought I put it up here for sale awile back as well as Craigslist.

Foxtail
11-09-2011, 10:07 PM
I didnt start looking until about 2 weeks ago... What club do you shoot at??

aggiehunter
11-09-2011, 11:30 PM
who sells a Chekmate....good luck this season

RoscoeP
11-10-2011, 09:48 AM
I didnt start looking until about 2 weeks ago... What club do you shoot at??

Courtenay Fish and Game, it is so beautiful out there. When you look down Comox lake and see the Comox glacier towering above it you could put a picture frame around that view. The club has everything a sportsman could want and at $65 a year or $85 for you and your better half. It is private, gated so no need to worry about your car etc. Archery, shooting, trap & skeet, fishing, camping, boat launch and on and on. There is a sign there that says "our Lake Louise"

The Hermit
12-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I have to agree that your club is hands down the nicest one one the island and probably ANYWHERE on the planet. I want to move up there just so I can use it... I'd live there if I could convince the war department!