PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with this picture?

budismyhorse
11-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Darwin must be asleep at the switch.

Says he's from Kelowna......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz8c_LPNrpg&feature=channel_video_title

ufishifish2
11-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I actually enjoyed most of the video. Looks like they have a lot of fun out there and get some pretty nice critters!!!

ianwuzhere
11-08-2011, 09:01 PM
some good lafs- good lil clip!!

landphil
11-08-2011, 09:03 PM
I thought it looked pretty good until about 1/2 way through when the SQ / AQ exceeded the IQ.

Whonnock Boy
11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
I thought the ass shot on the bear was questionable
Rolling the quad over yourself was not very smart.
The exploding fire was asking for trouble.
3 guys on a quad in the snow might get someone hurt.
The ram looked a little young. I will add that I am no expert in this area.
In general, a bunch of young bucks old enough to know better, but young enough not to care.

35 Whelen
11-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Asshats....what a way to treat game. Shooting a bear in the ass and the grouse. Pretty disgusting display.

Blktail
11-08-2011, 09:21 PM
Mud-bogging. Ass shot on a bear and general disrespect for the environment. (Bon fire etc.)

Nice game and nice music, but dumbasses all the same.

lorneparker1
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
here come all the HBC haters!!

Great vid!

skibum
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
the dude wearing the bruins jersey

Blktail
11-08-2011, 09:30 PM
I don't hate HBC'ers, just disrespectful dumbasses. And Bruins fans.

yzchamp
11-08-2011, 09:33 PM
here come all the hbc haters!!

Great vid!

x 2........... :)

sceddy
11-08-2011, 09:34 PM
No helmet when riding atv

buckeyes
11-08-2011, 09:37 PM
bruins suck. some real nice animals. little tasteless though... i dont give much care about rolling quads or blowing up propane bottles. However, disrespecting animals and sh*tty ass shots puts a bad name on the rest of us hunters.

The Dawg
11-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Fun video with dumb parts.

Tikka270
11-08-2011, 09:44 PM
I had a good laugh at the guy cuddling with the big buck.

muleychaser
11-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Some parts could have been edited but for the most part it looks like the growing stages of someone in northern BC.

Trapper D
11-08-2011, 09:46 PM
forum site mentality towards illegal activeties and tasteless behavior differs from individual to individual. someone should actually study this behavior , probably been done . anyways the wolves have smelled their prey and chose to continue hunting. Hmm what could change this , and bring on the feast.. strange hey?

Sako 300 win mag
11-08-2011, 09:50 PM
The audio is all wrong . . . Coldplay sucks !

Marlin375
11-08-2011, 09:51 PM
AAAhhh to be young again.........certainly see a twig of "bad acting" in there, but I didnt see anybody getting hurt. Looks to be a journal of a young man growing up. I have always told my Son "NO property damage (quads roll, shit happens, he was trying) NO stealing, NO lies and NO personal injury...go have fun". Those boys put some nice Game on the ground, that does not happen by accident. I am going to watch it a few more times, nice couple of timber mulies there, the ones that never see the sun have the darkest antlers.

thetackdriver
11-08-2011, 09:51 PM
quite enjoyed it actually and some nice animals to boot!

mddat
11-08-2011, 09:52 PM
Looks like a good time with a few questionable moves eg. destroying quad and maybe buddy doing a 360 spin while pointing his rifle at the camera man, needs more footage of cute blonde girl by the elk

Lucky77_
11-08-2011, 09:53 PM
looked like that mulie was still alive when he was sitting on it, lack of respect for the game, or for what others may think of the sport. its to bad

DR800
11-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree with Marlin375.Good vid about good times !
AAAhhh to be young again.........certainly see a twig of "bad acting" in there, but I didnt see anybody getting hurt. Looks to be a journal of a young man growing up. I have always told my Son "NO property damage (quads roll, shit happens, he was trying) NO stealing, NO lies and NO personal injury...go have fun". Those boys put some nice Game on the ground, that does not happen by accident. I am going to watch it a few more times, nice couple of timber mulies there, the ones that never see the sun have the darkest antlers.

Spy
11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Couple nice bucks!Young guys having fun yeah some stupid shit but all in all innocent shit! The bear looked questionable but then who knows what actually happened!If that was a Black Tail in the snow/timber then its record book buck!:-D

Jarrett
11-08-2011, 10:04 PM
X3 - we have all done things others may call questionable - it's what makes life interesting!

I agree with Marlin375.Good vid about good times !

hunter1993ap
11-08-2011, 10:07 PM
the bear looked like it dropped, i re watched it a few times. terribe shot. i would never ever take a shot like that.

little moose
11-08-2011, 10:13 PM
reminds me when i was 20,an i turned out all right... i think?

tightgrouper
11-08-2011, 10:14 PM
I thought the vid was ok. Shooting the propane bottle in the fire with a handgun at 2:14 might be a bit a an issue if its in Canada.

Johnny G1
11-08-2011, 10:23 PM
And how many people on this site has not taken their hand gun out to the bush???

Glenny
11-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Good video. Some of the antics were questionable. I'm sure the antis have a field day with this. The deer snuggling was not good. The vid was good in general.

killman
11-08-2011, 10:29 PM
And how many people on this site has not taken their hand gun out to the bush???

That would be illegal. So I am guessing no one.

killman
11-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes we all have done some dumb shit. But posting it on the internet tops it all. The Vid was good until they got stupid.

aggiehunter
11-08-2011, 10:33 PM
If it isn't already done the gene pool will be sure to be cleaned...

budismyhorse
11-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Winner!

It's on the Internet in a public way..... Jeez

We have a hard enough time maintaining hunting in this day and age.... We don't need these guys and some disrespectfull and illegal stuff giving non-hunter groups ammunition to shut us down.

If you know these guys please tell they to take this off YouTube and keep it to the circle around the fire.

Hump dead deer all you want but seriously for the world to see?

ravensfoot
11-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I wonder if he nailed that bear with the rock? Better get a second rock for a back up shot.

Drillbit
11-08-2011, 11:08 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Johnny G1 http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/shades_of_green/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1013926#post1013926)

quote"That would be illegal. So I am guessing no one." quote

Not true, could be an antique, or have an ATC. (don't assume or jump to conclusions)

Not too bad of a video, been there, but not something I'd post on the web. Looked like "Grove" off CGN.

Trapper D
11-08-2011, 11:10 PM
, free miners are legal to carry

Barracuda
11-08-2011, 11:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ftc-CLylpMs#t=217s some stupid things on both videos

green machine
11-08-2011, 11:30 PM
****ing idiots. look at 2:55 how the dumb ass is waving his gun around. he points it right at the camera guy. very stupid.

Mr. Dean
11-08-2011, 11:30 PM

Not me.
But with that bold statement, I gather you do.

FYI/Heads Up:
:shock: Big Brother IS watching :shock:

Barracuda
11-08-2011, 11:41 PM
ever notice its always the guys that always blow off the rules always try to justify it by sayin "every body else is doing it"

40incher
11-08-2011, 11:41 PM
I think next time, take a second and realize what you are showing everyone is disrespctful to the wildlife you have taken. You should be ashamed, but I'm thinking you're just a bunch of drunks.

Hopefully you think twice (maybe three or four times) before you post bullshit like that again.

You are disgusting. Hope you had a good time posting this at the drunkfest.

west250
11-08-2011, 11:59 PM
Crusty demons flavour...

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 12:28 AM
ever notice its always the guys that always blow off the rules always try to justify it by sayin "every body else is doing it"

And my dead Father would rebut; If he jumped off the 2nd narrows bridge, would you follow him????? DUMB ASS!
This usually followed with a smack upside the head. :lol:

The Dude
11-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Mud-bogging........ general disrespect for the environment. (Bon fire etc.)

Nice game and nice music, but dumbasses all the same.

The horror...... THE HORROR!!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll31/davidmdl/films/apocalypsenow.jpg

First of all Coldplay is for Turd Burglars and chicks.
Second: I've done most of those things, so have almost all of us.......
Bonfire......churning mud, doing something stupid on an ATV.
How quickly we forget, huh?

Everybody sing:

"Oh when the Saints, come posting innnn.....HBC Saints come posting innnnnn..
Oh can you say: "Selective Amnesiaaaaaaa"....Oh when the Saints come posting innnnnnnn......"
Thank you very much....try the veal.

PS: The guy at 2:50 looks familiar...he a member here?

Brian011
11-09-2011, 01:42 AM
I thought it was a good vid, the bear that got shot in the ass probably died just as quick as if you shot it in the ribs, the grouse, well, the head has to come off at some point, how about the guys that step on the wings and pull it apart and just take the breasts, how respectful is that? And it shows us how to total a quad in 5 seconds lol. I guess a few parts could have been edited out but some nice animals on here too.

peashooter
11-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Anyone notice he shot the bear in the ass with the pistol grip shotgun. Wtf.

bear buster
11-09-2011, 08:31 AM
I am sure anyone who packs a vid cam has some footage like that somewhere, god knows I have alot of camp footage that are full of liquid courage, some kill shots, lots of mud slinging, is that not all part of the fun of being in camp....what happens in camp stays in camp, but vids like these are great

rocksteady
11-09-2011, 08:44 AM
I did not find the video as distasteful as others have posted....You can see they are having fun (cuddling the dead muley) for the camera...

The ass shot on the bear using a pistol grip 12 was pretty dumb...Pick the right tool for the job....

As far as the second video, some bad advice on the guys part "Shoot it in the hump"....Is it not common knowledge that eh hump of a moose is meat and or fat, not vital organs???? I was hoping he would say "behind the shoulder"...but, I guess all hunters have to learn one way or another....

I have seen many "hunting shows" on the net where they shoot the deer/elk/moose right in the shouulders to drop it in its tracks...To me that is a waste of meat. I think it is done for the camera, so that the critter does not run away (even though a boiler room shot is deadly) and viewers believe the animal "suffered"....

To each his own I guess.....AS said I was not offended by much in the video....Maybe not putting it on youtube (or some parts of it) would have been more appropriate...

twr
11-09-2011, 09:53 AM
interesting video, alot of do's and dont's. they obviously think they they did nothing wrong, as some of you may feel the same way. they don't have a problem posting it on the world wide web, with there faces for everyone to see. some nice animals taken, with little respect towards the animal after. maybe karma will cut them off from future animals, or maybe they will continue, and teach there kids how to disrespect animals the way they do.

johnny cabbage
11-09-2011, 09:59 AM
is it just me, or do the coastal HBC members all think they're living in a perfect world?

just sayin'

shadow1982
11-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Boys will be boys... thats all..

great video

stitch
11-09-2011, 10:27 AM
The horror...... THE HORROR!!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll31/davidmdl/films/apocalypsenow.jpg

First of all Coldplay is for Turd Burglars and chicks.
Second: I've done most of those things, so have almost all of us.......
Bonfire......churning mud, doing something stupid on an ATV.
How quickly we forget, huh?

Everybody sing:

"Oh when the Saints, come posting innnn.....HBC Saints come posting innnnnn..
Oh can you say: "Selective Amnesiaaaaaaa"....Oh when the Saints come posting innnnnnnn......"
Thank you very much....try the veal.

PS: The guy at 2:50 looks familiar...he a member here?

Well put "Dude".....bonfire...hell when i was a teenager back in the 80"s we would go to the local gas station and fill the trunks of our cars with the old tires they took off cars that week and burn them on the ice. We didn't have quads to run around on the ice so we took our cars out. It was the best....cars full of girls and us bombing down the lake...turn the head lights out and turn on the dome light and cut the wheels and listen to the girlies scream their heads off. I wish I was young...dumb and full of.............again.

moosinaround
11-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Some dumb stuff in the video, but saying that, I have done those things myself! You learn from those dumb things, not all folks are born perfect like a few HBCers on here!! I'll bet those young men will grow to be very productive members of our society. Remember where you folks come from, remember the shit you "used" to do, you know the stories that come out around the fire!!?? Todays age does that with video. You have the option to watch it or not! Don't be so quick to judge others, as you may need to be judged some day, maybe by one of those "hooligans" on that video?!! Moosin

mark
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
is it just me, or do the coastal HBC members all think they're living in a perfect world?

just sayin'

X2
No kidding, why dont you guys post a vid of how young guys grow up in the city!

What a bunch of whiny sissy's, your HBC halo should be emailed to you shortly....LOL

If you cant at least sit back and enjoy that vid, see how much fun them guys have, I feel very sorry for your geeky ass1

Ive done most of the stuff in that video, as have most guys who grew up in small towns......I thoroughly enjoyed that video, and by the way it's been on youtube for quite a while already!

Congrads to them guys for enjoying life, Id drink beer with them anyday!

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Never shot a bear in the ass and never tormented a grouse....... In my day, mud flinging was something done on private property. Bonfires WERE fun.

We were instilled that the outdoors were sumthin' to garner our respect and killing should be done with the thought of you being the target. If this/my thinking isn't respectable anymore, then I guess times are-a-changing.

All lot of you are correct; Much of this goes on often. And it is often condoned.

But does that make it right?
Or should we encourage better judgement?

:? :confused: :?

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Never shot a bear in the ass and never tormented a grouse....... In my day, mud flinging was something done on private property. Bonfires WERE fun.

We were instilled that the outdoors were sumthin' to garner our respect and killing should be done with the thought of you being the target. If this/my thinking isn't respectable anymore, then I guess times are-a-changing.

All lot of you are correct; Much of this goes on often. And it is often condoned.

WTS, there's a lot of good in that vid.
What someone does with their property or person is their choice.

Just respect the stuff that I got stake in.

BillBraskii
11-09-2011, 11:18 AM

ghey....................

hoochie
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
The music sucked, like really sucked

Gilmore
11-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Can't believe they killed the Grizzly with a rock!!

Drillbit
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Must've been a "Barnes" rock!

dogboy
11-09-2011, 12:35 PM
No helmet when riding atv

I Believe the rider is wearing a helmet min 2:52......even if thats all

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 12:48 PM
ghey....................

I had to look this up in the "Urban Dictionary".
Here's their example of useage:

I hope he thinks i said "ghey" instead of "gay", so he won't take me for the idiot i am, since i can't think up a better adjective to put in place of "bad"

Excellent contribution!
Keep up the good job. :wink: :wink:

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 12:49 PM
I Believe the rider is wearing a helmet min 2:52......even if thats all

That's was pretty good. :lol:

Mountain Man
11-09-2011, 01:14 PM
I like it !

Some disrespectful moments but nothing to offensive,

They should think about wearing some helmets though ...............

Gunner Staal
11-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Some beauty animals taken thats for sure and some good time had. Unfortuneate part is that only us as hunters could shrug off alot of the antics as being just that. Maybe Youtube isnt the most appropriate place for this video. The anti's out there would certainly have a field day with this. I dont care about quads or shooting bottles or ditching your truck. But dont disrespect your game and then post it for ALL to see. Keep those vids to yourself. Sure sometimes its comical but not to all. It takes some talent and work to drop those critters no doubt.

skibum
11-09-2011, 02:09 PM
aside from the homosexual cold play - -

I hate it when the cameras and camcorders come out.. never sure is some fool is going to post my antics on the interweb

Salty
11-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah it was a kinder gentler time before video and youtube. I've done the lions share of what those toads did when I was their age but its not on video anywhere :mrgreen:

I didn't mind the video. EXCEPT as said the music totally bites ass, WTF were they thinking. :-? Shooting the bear in the ass is just stupid, and I could have lived without all the joking with dead critters. Other than that rock on young lads, :-D be carefull out there. lol

scope-bite
11-09-2011, 03:04 PM
looked like that mulie was still alive when he was sitting on it, lack of respect for the game, or for what others may think of the sport. its to bad

That was my impression as well looking at the way the deer's head was slowly going down instead of dropping after he let go of the antler. Pretty sick and disrespectful IMO.

TSW
11-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Brings to mind the quote: "your stupidity, if left untreated, will be self-correcting" :)

Some nice animals, some parts should be left out if for no other reason than to make sure you don't get torn to shreds on HBC.

BearStump
11-09-2011, 03:31 PM
X2
No kidding, why dont you guys post a vid of how young guys grow up in the city!

What a bunch of whiny sissy's, your HBC halo should be emailed to you shortly....LOL

If you cant at least sit back and enjoy that vid, see how much fun them guys have, I feel very sorry for your geeky ass1

Ive done most of the stuff in that video, as have most guys who grew up in small towns......I thoroughly enjoyed that video, and by the way it's been on youtube for quite a while already!

Congrads to them guys for enjoying life, Id drink beer with them anyday!

X3 well said.

yukon john
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Some parts could have been edited but for the most part it looks like the growing stages of someone in northern BC.

X2 wasn't all that bad, like no one else has ever rolled a quad or shot a propane tank

Phil A. Bowl
11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
most of it looked like a good time in my books...

abbyfireguy
11-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I'm sure we all did a few dumb things years ago before we grew up to mature boring old farts!

People in glass house shouldn't throw rocks(Or those in close proximity to grizzlies).

DR800
11-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I still say it`s a good vid about good times(the quad roll sucked but it`s just a polaris)lol. So i ask the complainers, do you ever enjoy yourselves and have some laughs out there? or is it all doom and gloom-whining and complaining/ negativity?

adamgarbett
11-09-2011, 06:57 PM
as it has been said. most of the negitive comments have been made by coasties..........enough said!

Rubberfist
11-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I'll tell you what I'm f*cking sick of: the fact that we, as hunters, have to walk on eggshells for fear of "offending" non-hunters, or worse yet, providing anti-hunters with "ammunition" that can be used against the hunting "community".

If the worst thing young "wingnuts" did was roll a quad, or blow up sh*t in a fire, or strike a stupid pose with a dead animal, we'd be much further ahead as a society.

It's fun and exciting to watch two school kids beat each other up on a cellphone captured video instantly uploaded to Youtube. Just as it's hilarious to watch one racist berate another racist on a public transit bus and then proceed to knock the other out. But OMFG...that there redneck hunter is slapping the ass of that...that...whatever the hell animal this is! Oh the horror! I need a non-dairy, non-sugar sweetened, ethically farmed coffee bean caffeinated latte to calm my nerves!

F*ck that...and f*ck them.

dogboy
11-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Winner!

We have a hard enough time maintaining hunting in this day and age.... We don't need these guys and some disrespectfull and illegal stuff giving non-hunter groups ammunition to shut us down.

If you know these guys please tell they to take this off YouTube and keep it to the circle around the fire.

Funny that out of the million hunting video's on youtube , you hang this one on your thread...........I think you secretly liked it the best ....and why not!!
If I had to sum up my 15year hunting life in 5 minutes this is what I would want to have to.....Moose, Elk, Caribou, Griz, Big Bucks and a time of my life in the bush with great redneck friends and familly ....and it shouldn't be SHAMEFULL to share it......just saying

srupp
11-09-2011, 08:14 PM
worst video I have seen...."jackass meets HBC"..

FATALITY WAITING TO HAPPEN..

SRUPP

Johnnybear
11-09-2011, 08:18 PM
worst video I have seen...."jackass meets HBC"..

FATALITY WAITING TO HAPPEN..

SRUPP

Wait a minute..........your not from the Coast..........you can't complain about it:mrgreen:.

Whonnock Boy
11-09-2011, 08:34 PM
We all have done stupid things in our lives including myself. I have shaken my head many times thinking, 'what in the hell was I thinking'. The fact that, more times than not it has taught me what not to do, does not make it right.

Let's think about this. At the start of the video, that buck the guy is sitting on, is in fact alive. Look at its ears. What does that tell you about the respect for their quarry? The ass shot on the bear was done no more than for video purposes. What does that tell you about the respect for their quarry? Mud bogging. Hmmm, I wonder why they are putting motor vehicle elevation restrictions in region 8? The rest of it is relatively harmless. Young bucks having fun . All the power to them. But as Mr. Dean stated, we all have a stake in this, and it does not represent us very well.

I get a kick out of how some of you state most of the negative comments are coming from the LML. Yeah, we are a bunch of whining city folk. No, we are people that have respect for the game we hunt, and the environment we are allowed to hunt in. Can you say the same? :roll:

TPB
11-09-2011, 08:41 PM
Considering i've done most of that (haven't rolled a quad) and more than likely will get up to some more antics in my lifetime I don't have a problem with this video... Some of the things i've heard on this thread is the most hypocritical bullsh*t i have read in a while, no helmet (give me a break), having a bonfire (blasphemy!), and throwing mud around (the horror!) Im willing to bet most of the people that claim the video is disrespectful aren't even close to a saint themselves, but when they accuse other people they feel better about themselves. But hey im just one of those hell raising snot nosed punks that learned from older generations having a bonfire and putting your tires in the mud on a saturday night is a hell of a lot safer then my other options.

Trapper D
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
well , this really comes down to open web , and its limitations , right. we cant speak freely as one might think, also , many of us have children , and must condone some of this , so to train the best we can. face it this forum has its boundries, honestly only if its legal right? just open web limitations, no sense in self incriminating is there. but disrespecting animals is bad karma

budismyhorse
11-09-2011, 08:58 PM
Funny that out of the million hunting video's on youtube , you hang this one on your thread...........I think you secretly liked it the best ....and why not!!
If I had to sum up my 15year hunting life in 5 minutes this is what I would want to have to.....Moose, Elk, Caribou, Griz, Big Bucks and a time of my life in the bush with great redneck friends and familly ....and it shouldn't be SHAMEFULL to share it......just saying

who said I didn't like it? I just think it shouldn't be in the public like it is.

Wow some of you guys really need to relax or go get laid or something.

No one is getting very upset about this so why all the anger and internet tough guy routine?

The truth is whether you guys want to realize it or not, there are groups of people out there that put in a lot of volunteer time to keep hunting alive.......and it IS a tough slog no matter what you think.

Believe it or not, you give ENGO's videos like this to work with combine sympathetic government and you'll see more and more opportunity go out the window. Bear hunting in a lot of places is hanging by a thread.....grizzly hunting was stopped in this province for a spell ect.

Gunner Staal
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Its hilarious that we think geography effects peoples opinion on this video. Everyone sit back and use a little common sense. Go ahead, roll your quad, blow shit up, roll your truck I dont care. DO NOT......shoot an animal intentionally wounding it (ass shot), or sit on a live animal and pose for a photograph. Its complete basic common sense. Call it boys being boys...but those boys arn't boys. If I ever pulled that kind of disrespect for an animal when hunting with my father I would have taken a severe shit kicking. I hope all you fellas that think this is an acceptable way to treat game dont have young hunters your teaching the same opinion. Im not from the coast, im not a saint, ive done dumb shit....but ive never done that.

SimilkameenSlayer
11-09-2011, 09:26 PM
some of you guys acting like big brother watching or something ... cool video.

Buckzilla
11-09-2011, 09:52 PM
as it has been said. most of the negitive comments have been made by coasties..........enough said!
Reffered to simply as the 604....

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 10:06 PM
What strikes me odd about this entire thread is that many feel that others NEED to share their points of view. If not, watch out for the name calling and insinuations - Toe the line or f-off, mentallity.

One word comes to mind: Nazism.

Like I said earlier, what one does with their property or person is their free will - Have at 'er.

Disrespecting what I share stakes in (wildlife and wilderness), simply ain't cool; It isn't yours and yours alone. And ownership in it, means garnering a respect for it AND the legislation that we instilled in protecting it. Quit being greedy and think through your decisions; think what ramifications come come of it...... "Poof It's Gone", isn't acceptable to me and/or the others that strive and fight for us to lets us keep it.

Trapper D
11-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Well said Mr Dean, cant be clearer than that

BiG Boar
11-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Anyone who wasn't this reckless and stupid and immature as a kid though didn't really live....

whitetail2009
11-09-2011, 10:15 PM
It funny how a simple Youtube video can cause so much controversy. Just by discussing this video on HBC, it has created more publicity than ever. 5000 plus Youtube hits already.(3300 Hbc hits) well i guess it's all our faults clicking on the video and seeing what all the hoopla is all about. curiosity got the best of us!

M.Dean
11-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Geez, about the only thing these guys didn't do was shoot through the belly of a pregnant Doe to kill the little Buck standing beside his Mum!!! I love Hunting, I'll die hunting more than likely, but the pictures and video I take show a bit of respect to the animal's I've killed! My Deer and Moose are as dead as the ones these guys shot, but because not everyone likes the sport, I don't go out of my way to give them another reason too bitch!!! Each to there own I guess!

Trapper D
11-09-2011, 10:18 PM
and to continue your sentence big boar.......and may not be now.

Barracuda
11-09-2011, 10:41 PM
completly disagree.
Thats like saying you havnt lived unless (Fill in space) one persons idea of enjoyable can be another persons dislike. as long as your legal dont infringe on others rights then have fun.

if you have to engage in antisocial behaviour to have fun then like it or not society will frown on you if you choose to display it .

gcreek
11-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Some nice game, a lot of bad taste, no respect for life or land.

Maybe by watching this video and really thinking about what your yards would look like maybe some of you will realize why landowners get that glazed over look in their eye when a truckload of "hunters" show up and ask if they can hunt or camp on their property.

Never have had any use for destructive behavior, guess maybe I wasn't raised right according to a lot of you.

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 11:03 PM
maybe some of you will realize why landowners get that glazed over look in their eye when a truckload of "hunters" show up and ask if they can hunt or camp on their property....

POOF!
It's gone.......... :sad:

walks with deer
11-09-2011, 11:17 PM
WoW the bear shot looked a little rough! other than that those boys look like they have worked hard for some beutiful animals.
And There goofy antics make you think they are always goofy.
My buddies and I have done many silly thinks and filmed some of it.
However to see and take real trophys theres no way they goofed off the whole time.

some people are way over reading the video.

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 11:33 PM
I used to capture skunks with my bear hands when I was 12.
That was an accomplishment. :lol:

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 11:35 PM
We used to also have tire-fires out on the ice, as we camped out on a frozen lake and ice-fished. I was 14.

Then we learned that tire burning wasn't great for the enviourment.

Mr. Dean
11-09-2011, 11:40 PM
@ 16 I used to get drunk and drive (really drunk). I thought it was OK as the Cops would pull me over, but allways lemme go.

One day I scared myself, then stopped.

gcreek
11-09-2011, 11:47 PM
@ 16 I used to get drunk and drive (really drunk). I thought it was OK as the Cops would pull me over, but allways lemme go.

One day I scared myself, then stopped.

Kind of did the same myself. My old drinking buddy is still drinking and still just as broke as when we were 17.

Trapper D
11-09-2011, 11:53 PM
ya Mr Dean did the 16 year old drinking driving bit with my moms brand knew lincoln town car, fellasleep , only to awake to mailboxes , bang, bang , bang, flying over the wind shield, cranked the wheel as it was a deep ditch on the left side of the road , and crossed back over did a 180 and planted myself backwards into an oak tree, hit so hard the dash ripped off from impacting the car backwards. used the ladys house phone to phone mom, walked home. heres the kicker, should have been dead twice , mom bought car from dealership , in which they said it was leased for a month but, practically new. well from impact and dash coming off discovered burn marks underdash. car was previously written off and they flogged it. so i got off the hook for paying for this car till i was 25, and lived.....another time submerged 25 feet under in harrison lake with my friends brand new truck, upsidedown with seat blts on , with about 4 inches of air on the floor, ive burnt up half of my nine.

BearStump
11-10-2011, 12:00 AM
Anyone who wasn't this reckless and stupid and immature as a kid though didn't really live....

Agreed!!! anyone who doesn't agree must be over 60 and is in the stage of "if I wouldnt do it, its not right."

Mr. Dean
11-10-2011, 01:41 AM
I don't think for a minute that anyone here hasn't done something foolish. That's also utter nonsense.

Some of the st00pid things I have done, I was also critiqued for doing them.
If it's not pointed out, how will one learn?

But some here would seem to have it that there isn't anything to learn from....

.330 Dakota
11-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Not a guy I would care to hunt with, too much of an a-hole

Buckzilla
11-10-2011, 07:49 AM

X2 without a doubt, they ain't out doing break and enters...

cmc destroyer
11-10-2011, 08:38 AM
A bunch of disrespectful douche bags if you ask me.. Nice representation of hunters friggin idiots. Too bad the quad didnt finish what it started to do!

Barracuda
11-10-2011, 10:02 AM
you are an ambassador of your sport . if you act like a classless jackass or some self entitled nitwit then you do a diservice to the sport ans every person that actually cares.
It is not a free for all or a jackass contest , the stupidity of youth is a right of passage for many but they learn from mistakes and move forward.
I am amazed at the amount of people that dont seem to have grown up

peashooter
11-10-2011, 10:39 AM
News flash, drinking and driving is not only pure stupidity it's illegal. Sitting on an animal that you harvested isn't.

Mr. Dean
11-10-2011, 10:59 AM
News flash, drinking and driving is not only pure stupidity it's illegal. Sitting on an animal that you harvested isn't.

If you feel that you MUST live out a Necrophiliac, Beastuality induced fantasy of some sort, AND think it looks cool,,, have at it! It's now your property once the tag is cut. Hell, cut it open and crawl inside for a photo shoot; I really don't care.

But please, stay away from my children.

Perception is a Biatch.
Hence the saying about 1st impressions...

Mr. Dean
11-10-2011, 11:01 AM

It's not about what was done yesterday.... Tomorrow is more important. :wink:

peashooter
11-10-2011, 11:19 AM
I doubt it will ever be illegal to sit on an animal. Not even tomorrow.

Gateholio
11-10-2011, 11:54 AM
I have never seen the attraction of mud bogging, in when I was young and reckless. Now that I am old and reckless, I still dont' see the attraction.

Shooting bear in the ass was stupid, but the rest of the video looked fun for the most part. I've certainly had my share of playing with bonfires, flammables and explosive stuff.:)

I love the part when they are hugging the moose and deer, I've done stuff like that myself lots of times. Sometimes after hunting hard you want to just give the animal a hug for being courteous enough to stand in front of you long enough for you to pull the trigger.

Final verdict? Lots of good hunting stuff, some reckless stuff that is pretty fun, and a couple of really poor choices. Not something to lose sleep over. ;)

Looking_4_Jerky
11-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Winner!

I'm with Bud, I'm sure everyone has done their share of ethically questionable or unsafe sh*t, but posting it on youtube just gives legitimacy to the hunter-haters.

And just because I was a dumb dip-sh*t when I was young and did similar stuff doesn't mean that I can't call a spade a spade and say that these guys are dumb dip-sh*ts.

Whonnock Boy
11-10-2011, 12:26 PM

How about sitting on a dying one? May not be illegal, but certainly is questionable. How long did it take them to get to the animal, pull out the camera, then pose for the vid? Finish it off!!!!

peashooter
11-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Sitting on a dying deer is worthy of a kick to the genitals. I wasn't there for all I know it was just rigor mortis causing the slow head drop.

Marlin375
11-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I sat on my moose last year and smoked a cigar, got up when I was done to fetch my camera and he started doing the funky chicken, I finished him off. (and yes I put my barrel in his open eye before I sat down, spine/neck shots have different but severe and fatal results)

To think this guy intensionally sat on that deer knowing it was still "alive" is getting a little melodramatic...even for the internet. It looked to me like he discovered it was "alive" (and I use the term loosely) the same time you did sitting at your computer or just seconds before. I have hugged, patted and sat on quite a few of the critters I have dispatched and it certainly was not out of dissrespect.

I for one would much rather see my son in that video than one where he is sitting in City Park with his buddies smoking crack, "not hurting anyone".
Good judgement and "do right" morals are learned by your experiences growing up. I have seen grown men doing things for the first time that my 20yr old son has already learned is not a good idea from his own experience...only because he had a chance to get the experience in the first place. The fact that these young men have been caught on video and it is out there for all to see is a product of the times we live in and they are a changing.....get used to it.

Trapper D
11-10-2011, 03:49 PM
This reminded me of a picture shown to me in the office of a building supply outlet in edmonton a few years back. What it was , was a picture of 2 skeletons, 1 moose, and 1 human, and a rifle laying on the moose. The human skeleton had a crushed skull. they figured that the guy had shot the moose, and was preparing to field dress, but made 1 important mistake, he didnt check to see if the moose was dead, as it kicked him when he tried field dressing , crushing his skull and killing him.

Deeboe
11-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Couple questionable acts there but overall great vid, I admire their love for the outdoors, and obviously they have put in their time--some good quality bucks there. Wish I had more time to spend in the bush....

open-sights
11-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I would hunt with those boys anyday! Looks like some good times and some great animals. That kid that shot the propane bottle got off lucky but some good laughs, thanks for the link.

sapper
11-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Amazing, 14 pages of comments. That seems like more than their 15 minutes.

Dirty Steve
11-10-2011, 09:35 PM
A bunch of disrespectful douche bags if you ask me.. Nice representation of hunters friggin idiots. Too bad the quad didnt finish what it started to do!

What's the difference between a quad and a GMC? Is it cool in your mind to destroy a GMC? I`ve rolled my quad plenty and know how quick things don`t go your way.
Probably not my choice on a few things in the vid but looks like they`ve had a shit load of fun and probably learned a few lessons. My .02 cents, if you dont agree don`t watch it and mind your own business.
Who are we to judge
I thought the cuddle with the dear was pretty funny! That`s somethin I would do without a doubt! Even still!

Gunner Staal
11-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Man this one blows my mind. Heres a scenario. If the only clip we saw was the 10 seconds where he holds up the still live bucks head and lets it drop twice while he sits on it, or the 10 seconds where they shoot the bear in the ass, all you guys would be losing your minds and screaming for punishment. But because they mixed in some things that some of us did as kids your all writing it off as acceptable. Yes they had some fun and no doubt are not bad people. But I guaruntee that there isn't a guy on this site that hopes this video is the scene at their favorite hunting spot in the morning. I suppose now you will all say you wouldnt have an issue with it and you would join right in. Not how I was raised to hunt. Some peoples kids.......and fathers apparently.

peashooter
11-10-2011, 09:53 PM
What if they just showed the elk scene longer, and from more angles?

SteviePeeOutdoorLife
11-11-2011, 10:39 PM
the bear was when he was 15, and he thought it would be an easy drop, with slugs,the bear decided to bolt and got shot a few times, but died fast, there is alot more raw video. he is now in his 30s, and never tried a bear with a shotty again,He felt bad,Posing on the deer,The deer was dead, very dead, We all see the pics of a guy with a deer, this is that pic.Just with video.Just wondering if the critics of that part have even shot a deer.....Jus sayin:) its a bunch of vid clips from the early 90s till recent,Just enjoy it, we are out there to get meat, and enjoy nature. to get away from all the stress that life brings,Funny how some people just wanna bring the stress online....Get out more.
I will put up a video of real hunting,You know the 10 mile walk in the snow, for nothing:) sitting on a stand for days..... 100 bucks on gas for a grouse:) steviepeepoutdoorlife on youtube.... real hunting......not much action....but some fun!

open-sights
11-11-2011, 11:24 PM
You dont have to defend anyone Stevie, there will always be Hall moniters and internet keyboard cowboys, I love dumb shit and wish i had had at least a quarter the sense to have video'd half of what I did through the years.
I have to laugh about how many times I have seen guys post about a live deer, i cant see it, what scene are they talking about?

KB90
11-11-2011, 11:31 PM
im assuming its the one right at the beginning, sitting on the muley?

Whonnock Boy
11-11-2011, 11:42 PM
what scene are they talking about?

7 seconds in. You can talk until you are blue in the face, but you will not convince me that buck is dead. Like Marlin375 said, maybe the hunter was just realizing the buck was still alive at that time. Looks like he is saying 'WTF'. Its ears are back in a submissive state. How many dead deer photos have you seen where the ears are like that? Its eyes give it away as well. I would have to say that this buck was more than likely shot in the spine. If they did not have to finish it off after the clip was taken, I would be surprised.

Like I said earlier, boys will be boys, but this part really speaks volumes.

smokey
11-12-2011, 09:34 AM
i say good video until the ending was alittle shady
that deer looks alive i must say
shooting the bear in the ass was very questionable it looks like he could had waited for a side shot
i like the atv roll over, same thing happen to me but i was rolling backwards

Bchunter3006
11-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Personally, I didn't like the video for the most part. Yes, there are some nice animals. that is not debatable. However, they did some stupid things and disrespectful things that they shouldn't have put on youtube. Yes, everyone has done stupid stuff at some point, there's no question about that. I'm 18 and come from a small town, but like some others, I don't find muddbogging, quad rolling, and blowing stuff in a fire up at close range very attractive. Just not for me I guess. Some stupid things were done, and in the end, not someone I'd choose to hunt with, and not my style of video.

huntcoop
11-12-2011, 12:51 PM
...Posing on the deer,The deer was dead, very dead, We all see the pics of a guy with a deer, this is that pic.Just with video.Just wondering if the critics of that part have even shot a deer .....

I hope that you are not referring to the deer at the 7 second mark 'cause that deer is NOT dead. I'd bet a lot of money that deer is alive and suffering, nice work.

Gateholio
11-12-2011, 01:07 PM
I think the buck is alive but the guy didn't realize it until after he sat down on it. He looks surprised. Hopefully it was finished off right after.

yamooohks
11-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Abosolutley great video. Loved every minute of it. All you people hating are just jelous you dont have that much fun in the bush.

.300wsm
11-13-2011, 07:03 PM
excellent display of hand gun use

huntcoop
11-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Abosolutley great video. Loved every minute of it. All you people hating are just jelous you dont have that much fun in the bush.

You hit the nail on the head, nothing gets past the bright ones.

Deer_Slayer
11-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I enjoyed it. They were very young in some parts of the video. They were out hunting and feeling freedom. Really like the part of the father with his deer...great for memories.

hunter1947
11-19-2011, 08:50 AM
80% of these clips were great the other 20% were do nots ,thanks for sharing these clips for all to see..

11-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Some good parts, other parts the people involved should be embarrassed for the behavior. Or in wheel chairs, burn wards, hearing clinics, or a PINE BOX.

Some of these activities is what keep Hospital staff, doctors, cops, EHS, grave diggers and funeral directors employed.

Some things people post are PATHETIC!

They should take the ethic parts of CORE again also. Very disrespectful on certain parts for shot selection etc.

CT

OutWest
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM
the bear was when he was 15, and he thought it would be an easy drop, with slugs,the bear decided to bolt and got shot a few times, but died fast, there is alot more raw video. he is now in his 30s, and never tried a bear with a shotty again,He felt bad,Posing on the deer,The deer was dead, very dead, We all see the pics of a guy with a deer, this is that pic.Just with video.Just wondering if the critics of that part have even shot a deer.....Jus sayin:) its a bunch of vid clips from the early 90s till recent,Just enjoy it, we are out there to get meat, and enjoy nature. to get away from all the stress that life brings,Funny how some people just wanna bring the stress online....Get out more.
I will put up a video of real hunting,You know the 10 mile walk in the snow, for nothing:) sitting on a stand for days..... 100 bucks on gas for a grouse:) steviepeepoutdoorlife on youtube.... real hunting......not much action....but some fun!

How you even defend a shot to the ass on a bear like that is ridiculous. Mind you, after watching all that garbage you've got posted on youtube it's a not a real surprise.

OutWest
11-19-2011, 09:33 AM

Come on Keithy, I'd say our group has as much fun as anyone out there but you don't see us taking ass shots on animals and showing a general disrespect to, well, everything.

I can admit there's some good old harmless redneck fun involved but there's an image many anti's and people on the fence have about hunters and this video will have confirmed everything they thought us to be.