PDA

View Full Version : Lillooet

sapper
11-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Heading up to the Lillooet area this weekend. Anyone been around that area lately and have any info to share on if the rut is on, etc.?
It's my first time up there but my niece's husband's family (his father and uncle are coming) have been hunting that area for years and apparently know it well.

frenchbar
11-08-2011, 08:25 PM
yes its starting to heat up...

Wild one
11-09-2011, 09:22 AM
316 was slow last Saturday but there is deer

open-sights
11-09-2011, 09:48 AM
mile high still only had snow in the trees, nothing on the ground as of last Wednesday. Birds seem thicker than in earlier season and bucks seem to have moved lower.

sapper
11-09-2011, 05:02 PM
thanks, guys. I'm going totally blind on this one. Usually I'm the one who knows the roads or has researched (Google Earth, HBC, etc.) and have a sense as to what areas, roads, cutblocks, etc. we're going to check out. This time I don't know where we're camping, hunting, nothing. I just know we'll be near Lillooet. Maybe I've been doing wrong all this time. Lately when I've been the one "in the know" nothing has come of it. :)
The information you've given re: snow, etc. is appreciated. Glad to hear I might get my first grouse too.

coach
11-09-2011, 05:25 PM
Good luck, Neil! Make sure you bring your camera. Great country and there should be some good photo opportunities. I'm looking forward to your report.

- Coach

killer_shot
11-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I got Mule not to far from there today, he was just around the snow line 3900 ft i know they are up high to, like at the top. good luck

wildcatter
11-09-2011, 11:15 PM
yes its starting to heat up...

Frenchbar have you been up the Yalakom lately?
How's the weather, any snow in there?

frenchbar
11-10-2011, 06:57 AM
Frenchbar have you been up the Yalakom lately?
How's the weather, any snow in there?

its warm today ..havent been up lately ..may be a little up high around poison mnt ..

wildcatter
11-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll wait a week or so before heading up that way.
Did you guys build the second cabin in there past the river by any chance?

frenchbar
11-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll wait a week or so before heading up that way.
Did you guys build the second cabin in there past the river by any chance?

No didnt build a cabin..the one at the 81 km ?

wildcatter
11-11-2011, 11:48 PM
No didnt build a cabin..the one at the 81 km ?

Not that one (if you are talking about the one on the right) but a bit further in after the turnoff to the area logged in the past 8-10 years.
Its on the left side of the old road and has a sign asking hunters not to use it because the people who built it will be using on opening of the season.

frenchbar
11-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Thats the one i ment. i stay in it from time to time .

wildcatter
11-12-2011, 12:20 AM
Ok I see, I never stayed in that one but I did many times in the one on the right lower down from the road.
I remember one year some guys made a sign with large cut out letters reading "Yalakom Hilton" I though that was funny.
I was thinking about going next week but my buddy has a family emergency and the price of fuel is so damn high for one to pay all.
However I still might go.