PDA

View Full Version : Any good hunting in Boston Bar?

bullwanna
11-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Veteran hunter but First timer to Boston Bar area. Any suggestions on where to hunt. There is a little bit of everything open up there this weekend and my buddy I am going with has never shot anything big so he is excited and I want to show him a good time hunting.

Lemme know if you have some hints.

Thanks

The Dawg
11-08-2011, 07:07 PM
PM sent........

Chiron
11-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm heading to that area this weekend too. I have gone grouse hunting there many years ago but this is the first time in that region for me for deer and lucky me I have an antlerless LEH. If anyone wants to share any hints/tips would be great.

buck nash
11-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Boston bar area is thick with bears. Lots of cinimons that way too. We saw lots of does and fawns in the spring this year but few bucks. Went up a month or so ago and didn't see much deer sign except around the cabins on Nahatlatch lake.

sarg
11-08-2011, 08:27 PM
if u have time, head up throw east harrion and head in to nahatlatch, pretty much hunting right from missiom to boston bar its a 4 hour trip from mission, a buddy did it mid oct in his full size ford.
sarg

Blair
11-08-2011, 10:56 PM
if u have time, head up throw east harrion and head in to nahatlatch, pretty much hunting right from missiom to boston bar its a 4 hour trip from mission, a buddy did it mid oct in his full size ford.
sarg

Are you talking about going up Big Silver Creek and over that way? I tried it last year but the road was closed due to landslide. Is it cleared up through there now?

sarg
11-08-2011, 11:03 PM
must be, they said there was a wash out but they made it throw it. a little sketchy in a full size but do able.

shaydog65
11-09-2011, 08:06 AM
I drove 15km from the Nahatlach/Boston Bar end and the wash out was cleared. The road itself was really rough though.

hillclimber
11-09-2011, 06:18 PM
It is clear i did it this summer only took a couple hours. You could do it in a car if you want except tehre is one section about 20 feet where you may have to move a rock or 2

Chiron
11-09-2011, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the information. Hopefully I'll have something to report when I get back.

snowhunter
11-10-2011, 06:50 AM
In the past, the triangle flats, along the power lines, between Fraser and Nahatlatch Rivers alsways produced deer and grouse. So did the lower road going up to the old fire lookout. The clearcuts at the foot hills of the lookout also used to produce a healty harvest of deer. However, that could have changed with the overgrow, that makes it difficult to see and hunt ? The alpine beyond thet old fire lookout also produces some harvest of deer, and lots of hunters would park their trucks at the old fire lookout and hike up to the alpines.

In my experience, I had my best deer hunting close to the powerlines and the foot hills going up to the old fire look out. Shot one buck coming up from Nahatlatch River, under the powerlines.

The southern slopes clearcuts at lower elevations, further in along the Nahatlach River and lake also have (or used to) have a healty populations of deer. Often, the locals from Boston Bar hunts these southern slopes.

Like tourist, many hunters drove all the way up to the old fire lookout and hunted, and most of them got skunked.