PDA

View Full Version : Hyterical hunt!

aliagha
11-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Well my dad was in no mood of taking me out duck hunting this past sunday as we had spent the previous two days chasing deer in the okanagan, but then my dad gets a call from one of his buddies, the guy used to hunt with his dad as a youth but he stopped up until now. We took him out on the previous weekend to ladner, We gave him the remington 1187, and a couple boxes of Win no.2's, well we had a great time at the hunt and he was already making plans for the rest of the season. So now he wanted to return the favor and insisted on bringing the shells for all of us. so its sunday after noon, we are set to go, but before leaving i went and grab a couple of boxes from the locker, He is a nice guy to hang out with and i really didn't needed the ammo back. so we reached the march around 4:00, as i put the guns together he quickly hands me the ammo in the walmart bag, before i could say anything, i felt the sizes of the boxes to be smaller than they should be and all of a sudden a smirks breaks up on my face, yup, he brought 20 gauge ammo for 12 ga. his face went pale and as he starred at the boxes in shock, my dad just burst out laughing and with in 2 sec my dad was already telling the story over the phone. But luckily, I was there to save the day, He was re leaved to see the no.4's come out my ammo case. Well, that was the high point of the evening after that nothing much happened, ducks were out of range for the most part, managed to get a hen mallard but still it was a good day. Lesson learned. Don't trust the Walmart employees to pick out the ammo for you. The next day he turned up at our home and drooped of a few boxes of Remington no.2 and 4's and this time he had the right ammo.