PDA

View Full Version : A summary of my first hunting season

bandit024
11-07-2011, 09:27 AM
This was my first season hunting in the Tullameen-Princton area my results:

-1 grouse in my belly
-shot at 2 pheasants (i think) but could not find them
-could of had a bear but no tag and did not really want a bear (what would i do with it?)
-saw a 2 point muley in 4 point season
-saw a nice buck for about 5 secs before he went down behind a ridge
-heard a buck thrashing against a tree not far in a tree line tried calling him for about 2 hours but never saw him

so i guess for my first time with no expeirence or help i cant complain. Learned lots and cant wait to get out again.

sparkes3
11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
welcome .
now for your pounding, why would you shoot at something if you are not sure of what it is..

dabat
11-07-2011, 09:33 AM
welcome .
now for your pounding, why would you shoot at something if you are not sure of what it is..
ditto.......

Gateholio
11-07-2011, 09:46 AM
How about "You are new and things get exciting, but please don't shoot at things you can't identify, as you may be killing something out of season"

That's all that really needs to be said, no need to hack on the newbie any more than that....

11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the site,
You'll get better as you go. Get e membership at your local Fish and Game club. You might meet some hunters there, Or here.
At least you are seeing stuff! so your doing something right.
Heed the above advise too.

markt308
11-07-2011, 10:45 AM
ignore the Surrey boys they can't help it! Congrats on your first season, sounds like you saw some game and thats a great start. 835's suggestion is a good one to try and get hooked up and your local club. also keep a close eye on this site. most people are happy to help. cheers

Stumpy
11-07-2011, 02:19 PM
All the best hunters are from Surrey......................yay, pound on thenew kid out hunting and slam him too, good one! You guys are stars.

Grousedaddy
11-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Its a known fact kamloops holds the best hunters......... Congrats on ur bird if u only saw one id change spots or come to kamloops and you will see shit loads of birds as deer be patient took me prob 15 days total to get my deer time pays off

aliagha
11-07-2011, 06:06 PM
All the best hunters are from Surrey.......................
+1 The BesT of the West!
Bandit024,
Congratz on your first hunting season. I didn't even see that many animals in my First season. BC's got the some of the best hunting in the world! so hang in there, the Fun is just getting started!
Good luck!
Ali

sparkes3
11-07-2011, 09:21 PM
your all pissed we said it first.
and if we can help bandit we will.
me and my sons were also in the princeton tulameen area(china ridge) last weekend and the most animals we seen were in town

cainer
11-07-2011, 09:38 PM
If yet seeing and hearing deer already, you' re on the right track. Lotsa time yet; keep at it.

kishman
11-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Sounds like you had an exciting season, good on ya! Now you get to spend the off season thinking about what went right, what went wrong - and getting pumped for next year!

If you've never tried Black Bear, see if you can track down a "sample" taste from another Hunter. Lots of folks - including myself, think it tastes pretty darn good.

Salty
11-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Welcome, good first season bandit. You're on the right track seeing that much game and its an on going learning curve and things will only get better.

dino
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM
your all pissed we said it first.
and if we can help bandit we will.
me and my sons were also in the princeton tulameen area(china ridge) last weekend and the most animals we seen were in town

china ridge was the wrong choice. without early heavy snow the deer will not be in their winter grounds just yet.

SimilkameenSlayer
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Sounds like you had an exciting season, good on ya! Now you get to spend the off season thinking about what went right, what went wrong - and getting pumped for next year!

If you've never tried Black Bear, see if you can track down a "sample" taste from another Hunter. Lots of folks - including myself, think it tastes pretty darn good.

yeppers, BB tastes real good, just like pork. i likes BB stew!

keithb7
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
My first year too. Having a lot of fun and learning lots too. Been out 9 times so far and seen plenty but have yet to shoot anything. 2 bull moose, countless does both whitie and mulie, coyotes a few grouse too. I had a whitie in my crosshairs plenty long enough but did not pull the trigger. Too dark to see any antlers and I am holding out for a buck for my first deer. WT doe was open at the time but I restrained. I still have every weekend until dec 10 here to try and drop a buck. Keeping my fingers crossed!

sparkes3
11-08-2011, 08:51 PM
china ridge was a stop over for breakfast at the ruben jones snow shack stopped there with my son(4 yrs old) a few years ago before they built the new one.
i made breakfast for him on a old stove that was outside he thought it was so cool to make coffee/tea,fry eggs and make toast over a wood stove he would talk about it every time hunting was mentioned after that and he would try to tell every one where the old stove was in princeton so they could make breakfast there too.
so i guess we started a tradition that morning because we go back there at least once every hunting season for breakfast and this year i had both my sons there for breakfast.
didnt see a thing but it was the best breakfast served in princeton for those two boys and thats all that mattered .