PDA

View Full Version : Early bird jerks!

stugatz
11-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Well this really p**ses me off. It seems that some people are just plain stupid, went hunting saturday morning for some snowies at the brunswick foreshore, got there at 7am (shooting time 7:35) parked behind eight other vehicles and started to put my gear on when all of a sudden... all hell broke loose. In the distance some jerks must have shot around thrity to forty rounds basically all in the pre dawn light (around 7:05) and thus breaking the law and ruining the morning for everyone else.....but wait thats not all, after light broke and i headed out in the marsh myself and another guy figured out who these guys were, and as we were talking about the situation four swans flew over their location and to my horror they opened up, but thankfully after the four rounds were done the swans survived the barrage. Thats it i thought, i yelled at one of the idiots using a few choice words and all he did was smile and say... big geesee. whaat the H*ll? we dont need guys like that it makes us all look bad especially because there are a lot of people that dont hunt that walk that dyke.

Allen50
11-06-2011, 06:38 PM
well when these leave get lic pate numbers and report them, only way to stop it,,good luck,,

ROEBUCK
11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
that annoys me too !
but equally annoying is guys who turn up late, and walk through the marsh in broad daylight scaring every bird away in every direction.
whats wrong in getting in place under the cover of darkness ?

stugatz
11-06-2011, 07:15 PM
You ever hunted there? its a zoo no matter what time you get there. Besides i was talking about shooting early, in my case i was closer to the dyke by shooting time. Its public land, there is no way to avoid other hunters. But in their case its downright illegal not just annoying.

ROEBUCK
11-06-2011, 07:38 PM
yes many times
I wont hunt there on weekends because of the gong show
some peoples behavior there stinks and illegal
but guys who get there after sun up, also spoil the hunting for the guys who get out of bed early to get in place before sunup
Ive had hunts affected by guys walking through the marsh late, scaring the birds.
the morning flight can be very short sometimes and its a a waste when people spoil it.
you will be surprised how many more birds you will take if you get hidden in time for legal light.
happy hunting dan

The Dawg
11-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Was it the same guys from the previous thread??

lorneparker1
11-06-2011, 08:32 PM
is there some special regulation in the area you were hunting? if not legal shooting light for waterfowl in coquitlam today was 6:35am......

Sounds like you forgot to turn your clocks back lol

Lorne

cameron0518
11-06-2011, 08:35 PM
time to find a different spot.

heyblast
11-06-2011, 08:37 PM
His post stated Saturday morning.

lorneparker1
11-06-2011, 08:40 PM
ahhh. my bad. Man thats too bad, that would have been way too funny,

heyblast
11-06-2011, 08:52 PM
What the hell is too funny about poachers. Please explain to the rest of us.

longshot
11-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I think Lorne means it would have been funny if the OP forgot about the time change..........

lorneparker1
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
What the hell is too funny about poachers. Please explain to the rest of us.

Slow down big guy, I meant ( because it obviously wasnt clear to you) It would have been funny if the OP flipped out but actually forgot to turn the clocks back.

I accept your apology dont worry

Lorne

yamadirt 426
11-06-2011, 11:21 PM
That whole area is full of early and late shooters. I've heard shots an hr after legal . pretty easy to tell whos doing the shooting.

stugatz
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Well you know the problem, and its almost always hunters from certain demographics.Their excuse after being confronted is always a language issue.

odie1830
11-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Ya , had the same happen to me out hunting ducks! I though I was in a war zone, but only could see the flashes of the barrels at a distance. I tried to tell a few of the guys the rules after and they just laughed and used the i cant understand BS ! I was so pissed off. Anyway I would love to see more CO presence.

stugatz
11-07-2011, 12:25 AM
yup me too! its just not enjoyable with idiots like that.

mjmbc
11-07-2011, 06:50 AM
so let me get this right you saw them shoot at swans , ya didnt report them ya saw em shoot before legal shooting time ya didnt report them theres a lot of hunters there they didnt report them whats wrong with this picture ya blame ethnic groups tho i dont get it

stugatz
11-07-2011, 08:39 AM
MJMBC....Its one thing to see them do it, its another to prove it, without dead swans and without people being there and pointing at the actual identifiable culprits you have no case. Oh and by the way, I am from an ethnic group but have never played the language card.....satisfied? ...Oh and one more thing, it has and never and will never be about race, its about the rules. i dont really care where you are from or what color you are or what you wear, but if you do something wrong and break the law you are a poacher....nuff said

mjmbc
11-07-2011, 09:00 AM
whats to prove you phn the license plt number or take pics of em the co follow up on it weather its just a phn call to the offender or a knock on the door if the guy says no it wasnt me it might scare em enough to smarten up . ive hunted all these areas when i was a kid so i know how it gets i reported many offences when hunting boundry bay westam island areas it never hurts to report even if nothing happens. then the cos might make more of a pressence there

Glenny
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=stugatz;1012515]MJMBC....Its one thing to see them do it, its another to prove it, without dead swans and without people being there and pointing at the actual identifiable culprits you have no case.

I agree with that. But if the COs get enough complaints from hunters they might start kicking some ass out there. So RAPP em. It will darw attention to the area as this is ongoing.

stugatz
11-07-2011, 09:15 AM
[QUOTE=stugatz;1012515]MJMBC....Its one thing to see them do it, its another to prove it, without dead swans and without people being there and pointing at the actual identifiable culprits you have no case.

I agree with that. But if the COs get enough complaints from hunters they might start kicking some ass out there. So RAPP em. It will darw attention to the area as this is ongoing.
I have done that , in fact couple of years back i phoned a co and was told he was out of town, and to phone the rcmp. Of course they never showed up for....(hunters shooting at swans) frustrating to say the least.

stugatz
11-07-2011, 09:18 AM
whats to prove you phn the license plt number or take pics of em the co follow up on it weather its just a phn call to the offender or a knock on the door if the guy says no it wasnt me it might scare em enough to smarten up . ive hunted all these areas when i was a kid so i know how it gets i reported many offences when hunting boundry bay westam island areas it never hurts to report even if nothing happens. then the cos might make more of a pressence there Very well put.

Tanya
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
Definitely call it in. Draw CO pressure to the area. Also, posting it here is helpful as well, I'm pretty certain more than a few COs are aware of an monitor this site.

pete_k
11-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I think i've only read one or two stories about illegal activity where the guy actually called RAPP.
My point is, complaining on here won't do a damn thing. If you want to do something about it then RAPP it.

If they don't call back, then call again. (squeaky wheel?)
Good luck. dwbh

skibum
11-07-2011, 10:39 AM
If you didn not report to RRAP, keep you mouth shut and stop being a big guy on the interweb

GoatGuy
11-07-2011, 10:53 AM
If you didn not report to RRAP, keep you mouth shut and stop being a big guy on the interweb

This is some common sense advice. Well put.

stugatz
11-07-2011, 12:13 PM
If you didn not report to RRAP, keep you mouth shut and stop being a big guy on the interwebDont know if you read all the threads but i did, on the other hand why be so sensitive, these are called dicussion forums for a reason and dont worry i can dish out the criticism as well as take it.

stugatz
11-07-2011, 02:16 PM
If you didn not report to RRAP, keep you mouth shut and stop being a big guy on the interwebCant help it, I am a big guy LOL!!!

heyblast
11-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Sorry Lorne. I did "obviously" misunderstand, should of known better that you wouldn't find poaching funny, forgeting time change yes. There's just getting to be to many posts shooting hawks, swans, before legal, motorized vehicle, garbage etc just getting me p----- o--. I've got RAPP and CO # programed in phone, that's the only way to put a stop to this. Lindsay

stugatz
11-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Sorry Lorne. I did "obviously" misunderstand, should of known better that you wouldn't find poaching funny, forgeting time change yes. There's just getting to be to many posts shooting hawks, swans, before legal, motorized vehicle, garbage etc just getting me p----- o--. I've got RAPP and CO # programed in phone, that's the only way to put a stop to this. Lindsay
I will be programming the same two no# on mine again.

Duck Tales
11-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Sounds like y'all need to start sweet takin some farmers... Don't mean to brag but we have the privlage of hunting a few private feilds in Ladner and we've hunted at brunswick point and have experianced the same troubles as you guys. I realize that not everyone has that privlage but start talkin to some of the farmers some would be more then happy to have you get rid of some crop damaging birds. This may take a lot of time but you may find a great spot if you can be as respectful as you all sound...good luck

stugatz
11-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Sounds like y'all need to start sweet takin some farmers... Don't mean to brag but we have the privlage of hunting a few private feilds in Ladner and we've hunted at brunswick point and have experianced the same troubles as you guys. I realize that not everyone has that privlage but start talkin to some of the farmers some would be more then happy to have you get rid of some crop damaging birds. This may take a lot of time but you may find a great spot if you can be as respectful as you all sound...good luckyou are a very lucky guy indeed! i have tried a couple of times but unfortunately these particular farmers had given permission to other folks (mostly local) or had the land leased to shooting clubs, i guess getting permission is almost like winning the lotto. LOL

ROEBUCK
11-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi john
went to the marsh this morning(spur of the moment thing)
very quiet !
managed to limit out on duck this morning, including a drake pintail and 2 seperate doubles on wigeon. :-D
the mojo,s were working well
shot a snow goose but the darn thing could not be found, colapsed about 200 metres away.My dog and I searched for an hour but no joy.
Found a dead snow in the rough location, but I think it was a old dead bird :icon_frow

Dan

lorneparker1
11-09-2011, 04:38 PM
you are a very lucky guy indeed! i have tried a couple of times but unfortunately these particular farmers had given permission to other folks (mostly local) or had the land leased to shooting clubs, i guess getting permission is almost like winning the lotto. LOL

Honestly i used to think that as well. I moved out here in 08 and i thought it was impossible to get permission compared to what i was used to back home. I now have 5 farms to hunt. 3 for water fowl and deer hunting and 2 for bow only. One of the bow only places we have, we orginally went for waterfowl but he said no, as he had some watefowlers there 10 years ago and screwed things up. And was pretty mad about it. Most people would have left right there. But I asked if we could bow hunt. He was apprehensive but said ok. Now he literally loves us. My intent was show him we are good guys and respectful and over time try and weasel into watefowling there as its full of birds later in the year. My self and my partner have pounded on well over 60 doors. If you are doing the math that is a minimum 55 no's. Yet we kept going. Dropped off some pepperonis, smoked salmon, christmas cards, you name it. Even to people hat told us no. We went to a guys place this summer that has told him no 5 years in a row. Guess what, we got a no. Will we go back next year? yep! We finally have some pretty sweet spots. Persistance pervails. Don't get discouraged. Once you get in a cpl, you can usually get a few more as most of the farmers know each other and if you have a good rep, you are gtg.

Foxton Gundogs
11-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Honestly i used to think that as well. I moved out here in 08 and i thought it was impossible to get permission compared to what i was used to back home. I now have 5 farms to hunt. 3 for water fowl and deer hunting and 2 for bow only. One of the bow only places we went havewe orginally went for waterfowl but he said no, as he had some watefowlers there 10 years ago and screwed things up. And was pretty mad about it. Most people would have left right there. But I asked if we could bow hunt. He was apprehensive but said ok. Now he literally loves us. My intent was show him we are good guys and respectful and over time try and weasel into watefowling there as its full of birds later in the year. My self and my partner have pounded on well over 60 doors. If you are doing the math that is a minimum 55 no's. Yet we kept going. Dropped off some pepperonis, smoked salmon, christmas cards, you name it. Even to people hat told us no. We went to a guys place this summer that has told him no 5 years in a row. Guess what, we got a no. Will we go back next year? yep! We finally have some pretty sweet spots. Persistance pervails. Don't get discouraged. Once you get in a cpl, you can usually get a few more as most of the farmers know each other and if you have a good rep, you are gtg.

Exactly last year was my first season here I did the footwork as well and now have 2 farms and working on 2 more. Just be respectfull but persistant and as lorne says play all the angles. even if you mannage 5% you are better than you were. And once you have one treat it and the owner like gold, u wont be sorry.

stugatz
11-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Honestly i used to think that as well. I moved out here in 08 and i thought it was impossible to get permission compared to what i was used to back home. I now have 5 farms to hunt. 3 for water fowl and deer hunting and 2 for bow only. One of the bow only places we went havewe orginally went for waterfowl but he said no, as he had some watefowlers there 10 years ago and screwed things up. And was pretty mad about it. Most people would have left right there. But I asked if we could bow hunt. He was apprehensive but said ok. Now he literally loves us. My intent was show him we are good guys and respectful and over time try and weasel into watefowling there as its full of birds later in the year. My self and my partner have pounded on well over 60 doors. If you are doing the math that is a minimum 55 no's. Yet we kept going. Dropped off some pepperonis, smoked salmon, christmas cards, you name it. Even to people hat told us no. We went to a guys place this summer that has told him no 5 years in a row. Guess what, we got a no. Will we go back next year? yep! We finally have some pretty sweet spots. Persistance pervails. Don't get discouraged. Once you get in a cpl, you can usually get a few more as most of the farmers know each other and if you have a good rep, you are gtg.Very sage advise, reminds me of an old saying:everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

stugatz
11-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Hi john
went to the marsh this morning(spur of the moment thing)
very quiet !
managed to limit out on duck this morning, including a drake pintail and 2 seperate doubles on wigeon. :-D
the mojo,s were working well
shot a snow goose but the darn thing could not be found, colapsed about 200 metres away.My dog and I searched for an hour but no joy.
Found a dead snow in the rough location, but I think it was a old dead bird :icon_frow

Dan
Am, going there tomorrow morning.

stugatz
11-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Exactly last year was my first season here I did the footwork as well and now have 2 farms and working on 2 more. Just be respectfull but persistant and as lorne says play all the angles. even if you mannage 5% you are better than you were. And once you have one treat it and the owner like gold, u wont be sorry.
Well as far as ducks are concerned i have no problem, (I belong to the smaller of the two hunting clubs) so limits are no problem (when i go) But its the snowies are what i love, and unfortunately hunting land in that part of delta is at a premium.

beni
11-10-2011, 12:29 AM
I need to start knocking on doors. I have permission to hunt one farm in town, but it never sees any birds.

All my potholes are frozen over, no more waterfowl for me this year.