PDA

View Full Version : Another Good day in Cedar

Foxton Gundogs
11-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Well another good day in Cedar, Dispite the hustling due to the forgoten time change we were in the blind with deeks set by shooting light and things got crazy, when the dust had settled we had 4 short of our limits in the bag. Coffee, and a bit of a bull session and they came again and it was over. 3 guns 3 mixed limits, total 14 "shit ducks" aka Widgeon lol, 4 Shovelers, 3 Mallards, and 3 GW Teal, including 1 beautifully fledged drake. OH yah and 1 lowley Coot(don't ask but I am NOT responsable lol) some great dog work including a stupidly long marked and really hard blind retrieve from my Golden, I'm still smiling.
Home in time for brunch. Pix to follow when I get them. Hope everyone else had luck as well.

Chessieguy
11-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a great shoot...cant wait to see the pics!!!

huckle buck
11-07-2011, 09:24 PM
nice shoot makes me want to get back out there

11-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Nice goin Jim.
So what does Coot taste like anyway? :)

Foxton Gundogs
11-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Nice goin Jim.
So what does Coot taste like anyway? :)
Well Dru, as I said I wont take credit for this one but I have eaten lots of them in the past. Used to find a raft of them in a nerrow slough when big game hunting. We would put a guy at each end and start to blast. Those stupid birds would just "run" back and forth till we had all we wanted. Always ate them in stews and soups and they made good camp meat.

11-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Sounds fun, and the recipy seems similar to my Buffle head recipy. Find some way to camo the flavor!

Foxton Gundogs
11-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Sounds fun, and the recipy seems similar to my Buffle head recipy. Find some way to camo the flavor!
A true hunting camp gormet lol