PDA

View Full Version : Princeton Whitetails

lovemywinchester
11-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Hey all, I am staying at Missezula Lake while working in Princeton for two weeks. I am sneaking in some hunting while I can and as mulies are almost closed, I was wondering if there is much of a wt population around here? It seems that there is not many from what I am hearing. I am tagged out in reg 3 so reg 8 is my only choice. Any one hunt wt around here? Thanks

sapper
11-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I've hunted the Princeton-Summerland Road area (around Osprey and Link Lake) and despite locals telling me that their is a white-tail population only saw muleys. Lots of muley does. I've read lots of reports on here recently though of guys taking white-tails closer to Princeton so they must be there somewhere.

snowhunter
11-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Princeton area is a mulie country. Never seen a white-tail there. Seen wt from Keremeos to Osoyoos area and on to the Rock Creek area. In those areas, there are some few high concentrations of wt. The freezing weather has somewhat changed the local wt patherns and destributions ?

SimilkameenSlayer
11-06-2011, 10:27 PM
they are there in good numbers, red creek rd area, closer to the Jura end.

Iron Glove
11-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Lots of White tails in the Princeton area.
They are slowly moving North from Princeton, my ex neighbour in Tulameen bagged one last year above the Tulameen Gun Club.

SimilkameenSlayer
11-06-2011, 10:54 PM
saw them on Stemwinder last year, it concerns me that the WT maybe squeezing out our mulies.

Busterbrown
11-07-2011, 07:03 AM
I shot a smal whitetail buck near Darcy Mtn this year. I also shot a Whitetail doe last year in the same area.They ARE there in increasing numbers

islandhunter
11-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Hunt the lower valley bottoms and you'll find them. Wait a week or 2 and they'll be crawling all over.

lovemywinchester
11-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the input guys. Sounds like the WT are there, its just that they are hard to find as usual. It seems they do so well because no one can find them to whack them.

Weatherby Fan
11-07-2011, 08:42 AM
My brother whacked a five pt WT just just east of the Whipsaw road,so they are there.

swampdonkey
11-07-2011, 10:31 PM
check over on pike mtn i know they are there go in at the a-p ranch good luck

Bushy
11-08-2011, 06:21 AM
As Islandhunter says............West side entrance to Missula and Bluey off 5a (Dillard fsr) Loon lake area also, if your not hiking "on" blowdowns and in the sticks you'll never see them.

BCptown
03-11-2012, 06:19 PM
About 15 to 20 km west of princeton my brother and I saw a good number of white tails and white tail bucks! Their numbers are certainly increasing. Try hunting those logging roads.

lovemywinchester
03-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Here is a vid of some Princeton WT. I found a great area where the mulies and WT were all hanging out together. Did not see a WT buck though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2EmLr_GJ-Y&feature=youtu.be