PDA

View Full Version : trying video upload

willyqbc
09-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Ok heres part of the video of the bull i shot with Tank in august...if it works I'll add more after, The bull was shot at around 250 yards and I just kept pumping rounds into him until he went down. :lol: We missed the first two shots on tape as it all happened pretty fast.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1940826696699798074

Chris

willyqbc
09-22-2006, 11:54 AM
hey what do ya know it worked...heres the other part

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=861294986837745500

Chris

SteadyGirl
09-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Wow, That was so exciting! I'm leaving with my dad to hunt moose for a week on Sept 30th. He got the shared hunt for any bull in 3-19a. I am now officially stoked:lol:

ZENYO
09-22-2006, 12:51 PM
That's Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Will
09-22-2006, 03:04 PM
You need a Bigger Gun........:razz: I'm Kidding of course.
Congrats on a Great Moose, Well done8-)
& Yes the quad sure helps......:wink:

MB_Boy
09-22-2006, 03:18 PM
You need a Bigger Gun........:razz: I'm Kidding of course.

LOL!! :lol: Congrats Chris.....nice video on a good moose.

bigwhiteys
09-22-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey Guys,

Great Video! was it just me or was it really blurry? I think you increased the picture size too much. It might be clearer with a reduced resolution.

But I am new to this video thing too...

Happy Hunting!
Carl

Tank
09-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Nice job Chris! It looks pretty good....aside from my poor videography, and the low light conditions (which is why the camera was having trouble focusing). Can't wait to see some more video clips!

mapguy
09-22-2006, 03:51 PM
nice one way to go

Steelheadfreak
09-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Does everyone wear camo that hunts from a truck? This one gets me all the time..........:lol: . Good looking moose.

ZENYO
09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Hey Guys,

Great Video! was it just me or was it really blurry? I think you increased the picture size too much. It might be clearer with a reduced resolution.

But I am new to this video thing too...

Happy Hunting!
Carl

When your zoom goes out of optical range and into digital, it starts to get blurry. Unless I know ahead of time I'm going to need a long zoom, my digital zoom is always disabled, so that I'm only using optical. You don't get the range but you get a lot better picture...

Elkhound
09-22-2006, 05:00 PM
I would love to get some hunts on video.......great job....video was funny.....I see the back end of the quad and I think to myself..."you gotta love those things" and then the message appears. Very funny

JMac
09-22-2006, 05:05 PM
That moose took quite a few pills. He must be/was one tough s.o.b..
Thanks for sharing

Bow Walker
09-22-2006, 05:11 PM
Willyq - Tank..........now you've gone and raised the bar for everybody else!:mad: Now we all gotta lug video cameras along with everything else in our back packs. This means that I've got to leave something at home to make room for the camera, lights, sound mic & boom, etc. Guess it's gonna have to be my Barc-a-Lounger.:roll:

Serious felicitations on the long hunt.:lol:

bochunk2000
09-22-2006, 09:58 PM
WOW. Nice bull. Nails and I are headed up to 7-25 on the 29th. I'm hoping to get my first moose. That video got me all revved up. Like I didn't have enough trouble sleeping lately. LOL. Congrats again...Steve.

partsman
09-22-2006, 10:35 PM
Great moose, what caliber?
I use a 375 H&H it makes such a nice hole that one shot has done it everytime.
Although my dad did it with 30/30, 303's and 270's, I just wanted to make sure they did not get to move once I hit them.

willyqbc
09-23-2006, 10:50 AM
and the low light conditions (which is why the camera was having trouble focusing).

the poor quality of the video is due to me having to use an editing program to lighten it up enough to see....vid cams generally do pretty poorly in low light conditions.

Partsman...It was shot with a 165 interbond out of my 30.06....the 4 shots took a total of about 40 seconds (all shots were good) and the only reason i kept shooting was there is a really nasty looking pond to the left of the frame that I did not want him getting to,could also have something to do with this being my first hunt with my new rifle:oops: He only went 50 yards from where the first shot hit him. Not the dramatic results the 375 produces :twisted: but I was pretty pleased!

Chris

Elkhound
09-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Willy, how do you feel the interbond worked for you?.....what did the autopsy show? Recover any bullets? Could you post some details for me......would be appreciated. Thanks

willyqbc
09-23-2006, 11:29 AM
the interbond did exactly as it was supposed to. the shot that impressed me the most was the second shot (you can hear it at the sart). The moose was almost completely facing away from me offering just a tiny quartering shot....i grazed the front of the back hip going in, the bullet traveled almost the full length of the moose and exited the brisket leaving a twoonie sized hole. all shots were complete pass through. I would say for a deep penetrating bullet that will hold together well the interbonds are a great choice IMO.

Chris

Elkhound
09-23-2006, 11:33 AM
the interbond did exactly as it was supposed to. the shot that impressed me the most was the second shot (you can hear it at the sart). The moose was almost completely facing away from me offering just a tiny quartering shot....i grazed the front of the back hip going in, the bullet traveled almost the full length of the moose and exited the brisket leaving a twoonie sized hole. all shots were complete pass through. I would say for a deep penetrating bullet that will hold together well the interbonds are a great choice IMO.

Chris

Thanks, I have used the 165s and 180s on a few critters and I have not been disapointed either....meat damage?

pupper
09-23-2006, 06:04 PM
congrats chris,
that is a nice bull.

I thought I noticed a new rifle. what type of 30.06 did u pick up?

partsman
09-23-2006, 10:07 PM
the poor quality of the video is due to me having to use an editing program to lighten it up enough to see....vid cams generally do pretty poorly in low light conditions.

Partsman...It was shot with a 165 interbond out of my 30.06....the 4 shots took a total of about 40 seconds (all shots were good) and the only reason i kept shooting was there is a really nasty looking pond to the left of the frame that I did not want him getting to,could also have something to do with this being my first hunt with my new rifle:oops: He only went 50 yards from where the first shot hit him. Not the dramatic results the 375 produces :twisted: but I was pretty pleased!

Chris
You got the results we all hope for, I still have two weeks off coming up, but still looks like it will be spent at home this year.
Might get out for a day trip for grouse and maybe look for a deer.
Thanks for the video.

WOLVERINE-RIDER
09-23-2006, 10:50 PM
cool... that's all I gotta say