PDA

View Full Version : Day Hunts Close to Vancover - Get my nephew into hunting

therise
11-05-2011, 11:25 AM
So my nephew would like to come experience hunting. The problem is we will only have one day, so a 1 day trip is the only requirement. We will be driving from Vancouver and trying for a mule deer and perhaps grouse if we come across them. I was thinking the pemberton area. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be welcome. We will be going next Thursday. If you do not want to post any specific locations for everyone to see, feel free to send me a pm.

I have never hunted the south before, so any suggestions would be appreciated and only having the day, I don't have high expectations to begin with.

beagle..t
11-05-2011, 11:41 AM
dont road hunt ....get out and walk,even if u do not see anything atleast u get some excerise.

therise
11-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't plan on road hunting, although I would most likely be looking for FSR's that have proven reliable in the past. This is really a last minute thing for me, so I will not have any time to scout out reliable cut blocks, ect. Thanks

jeff
11-05-2011, 11:55 AM
2 pms sent

sakohunter
11-05-2011, 11:57 AM
Pick a few general locations and then google earth them to get a slightly better idea of what is going on. It would suck to go into an area and not have any second or third options for the afternoon or evening hunt resonably close by. Good luck

Steeleco
11-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Try any one of the roads off the Coq going north from Hope. It makes for a bit of a drive, but with the clocks changing tonight, you'll be done earlier and back home at a reasonable hour.

As your going Thursday and most dingbats will be working (maybe!!) the bush in and around Harrison West and Chealis might just be worth a look?

dog812
11-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I was looking to get away for the day tomorrow and thinking of hitting some of the fsr's in chilliwack tomorrow. I have never been on any of them though.. maybe someone could give some more advice.. but they would be pretty close to van.