PDA

View Full Version : After Firearm Safety course and PAL License

shooting_deer
09-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi Folks,

I am new to hunting and just wanter to find out after I have completed the Firearm Safety course and received the PAL license what is next. Do I have to finish the hunting CORE course before getting any hunting license or I can get the bird and small game license without finishing the CORE. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

GoatGuy
09-22-2006, 09:09 AM
Hi Folks,

I am new to hunting and just wanter to find out after I have completed the Firearm Safety course and received the PAL license what is next. Do I have to finish the hunting CORE course before getting any hunting license or I can get the bird and small game license without finishing the CORE. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andrew

First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Yes CORE unless your young enough to get a junior license (10-13 I believe) then you need an adult to sign you off and take you out. You hunt off their bag limit and must be under direct supervision.

Hank Hunter
09-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Congrats Andrew and welcome to the forum, just like goatguy said.

ryanb
09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Good thing about the CORE course though is that as soon as you're done it, you can go get your hunter number and license right away. No need to wait like for the PAL license...

09-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Welcome and congrats.........the others have fairly well stated what is next for you, if you want to go hunting. With the CORE you only need to complete the theory part as the provincial govt recognizes the federal govts practical for the PAL course. Don't know where you call home but there is a CORE program running this weekend in Vernon if that is any help.
As soon as you get your PAL, buy a firearm and if you have your restricted status, buy a handgun too..........go ahead, you deserve it and it will piss a lieberal off!! :) Welcome to the firearms community!

Will
09-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Do I have to finish the hunting CORE course before getting any hunting license or I can get the bird and small game license without finishing the CORE. Any help would be appreciated.
I'll add this.....obviously your an "Adult" as you obtained a PAL :wink:
Yes you need to finnish the core.this will give you your "Hunter Number" card. This is required to Purchase a Hunting License, tags etc.
& No there is No Bird or small game license....this is Included with your Standard Hunting License.
Happy Hunting and Congrats on the PAL:)

Murder
09-22-2006, 04:36 PM
I'll add this.....obviously your an "Adult" as you obtained a PAL :wink:
Yes you need to finnish the core.this will give you your "Hunter Number" card. This is required to Purchase a Hunting License, tags etc.
& No there is No Bird or small game license....this is Included with your Standard Hunting License.
Happy Hunting and Congrats on the PAL:)

You need a separate licence for water fowl. Get it at the post office. It is federal. $17

Will
09-22-2006, 04:44 PM
You need a separate licence for water fowl. Get it at the post office. It is federal. $17
Ah Yes, the "Migratory Game Bird Hunting Permit" :roll:

shooting_deer
09-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks a lot guys. This forum is the best.

BCLongshot
09-23-2006, 10:26 AM
You should also find an older hunter or experienced and ask him if he/she will take you hunting.