PDA

View Full Version : 5-14 bull's

lip_ripper00
11-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Well the trip is done,and butchering is finished,its been a long haul. We had 4 tags between our 2 families which has never happened before, one or the other and we split cost and harvest. We are so screwed for next year:twisted:.
Any way it's been a long time since I hunted the rut, we had camp set up and ready to go opening day (Oct 1) we spent time reaquinting ourselves with the area. We have hunted the area before so it did'nt take long to get up to speed, but our keystone kop antics where not helping us, we screwed up on 5 bulls with out fireing a shot!
First 2days we had bull answering us and coming in but wind and cover ..it was not to be, then the weather warmed up and the suckers would not move.
On the 5 day it got cold... lot of sigh new tracks things where happening. One of our HH we checked out late afternoon, as soon as we called we had a response, this bull was clucking not yucking, different but we are not picky was an old growth slash with limited visibalty (I'm going to apoligize for my spelling and puncutation now, if you don't like it quit reading now:mrgreen::mrgreen: ) As the bull got closer all I could see was brush moving! Buddy who was caling had moved farther to my left, direction the bull was coming from, at the last minuet I saw the bull but didn't know where buddy had set up. I watched him come up the hill thinking we screwed up again! About this time (bulls 20 ft ) he stands up and yucks the bull,he's stressed and it sound like a dog barking :mrgreen: the bull does a 180 and buddy is able to hump him and he's done!!! By the time we get him up to the road, gutted and back to camp, skinned cleaned up it's 3:30 am, next day was a day in the hay.
Next couple of days where warm nothing moving..... Then it got cold sort of, -9 colder than it had been. We where up and out at first light, did'nt have my coffee in my gut yet and 2 km from camp on the main road is a bull broad side, My turn! 100 yds both lungs it was done!! http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/lip_ripper00/?action=view&current=IMG_0036.jpg .

I was not their for the 3rd bull, I was across the MU deer hunting thank god!! but from what I was told it was a bitch of a recovery http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af124/lip_ripper00/?action=view&current=IMG_0042.jpg . Hopefully this is readable I'm not going to retype!!

todbartell
11-04-2011, 09:50 PM
good show! congrats on your hunt, looks like a good time

moose2
11-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Nice bulls guys congratulations on a successful hunt
Mike

srupp
11-05-2011, 07:02 PM
hmmm lol sometimes its the damn close calls that you remember the longest lol sounds like a very enjoyable trip..

Most folks dont realize how much that warmer weather slows down the bulls response..they are still in rut just not as crazy...

You did amazingly well.....dont worry about next years LEH...it never works that way..

cheers
Steven