PDA

View Full Version : Spences Bridge , Murray Creek RD, Still laced with Nails ?

Machinist
11-04-2011, 07:02 AM
As the title says, three weeks ago we headed up the Murray creek road above Spences Bridge to do a bit of scouting ahead of the LEH anterless season that just started, when we drove up the road just above Spences Bridge there was a big sign erected saying , Road Warning , this road has been laced with nails / screws and glass :icon_frow No sooner had we seen the sign we heard one of our tires leaking really badly , by the time we got out of the truck the left rear was done , We found a 2" lag screw in the tire !! Has anyone been up there in the past week ? Just wondering if its been graded off cause I am heading up there for some deer hunting , One of the locals stopped by and gave us a hand changeing the tire and was saying that the road was supposed to be graded within a week .He figured some idiots trying to keep hunters out did the deed.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey man I am sorry to hear that.There are idiots everywhere.I hope you are able to get back into your area and have a successful trip.I think the farmer is wise ,he said he thinks guys through the nails and screws their to deter hunters from going in.He ''nailed'' it.

porcupine
11-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Not only are the hunters getting nailed, they are getting screwed!

Westslope
11-04-2011, 09:37 PM
There are many other ways to access that region!

blackford
11-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I was thinking of going up this weekend to Spences Bridge... I spoke to the CO and he termed it as " there are some issues currently with roads being littered with nails". He kinda hinted he knows who was doing it but wouldn't mention.
People are ridiculous . If I caught the asshat I would tie him to a tree and leave him there.

Machinist
11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
I went in there last weekend but i used the Blue Earth lk road , turned in just past the top of Oregon Jack hill off the hwy , seen a nice two buck , but its 4 point or better , talked to a fellow from Ashcroft that was in there hunting and said not to drive the murray creek road south of Venables valley thats where the nails start, too bad there are usually a lot of grouse on that section, Lots of free range cows walking around the road in there , i bet the Rancher would be Pissed if his cows got nails in their hoofs.