PDA

View Full Version : 3-13 - anyone been there, heading there, know about access?

lineofsight
11-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Heading to 3-13 with LEH moose cow / calf this weekend, is also GOS for spikes. Will take WT tag with too (and what the heck, mule deer too - if dont then know what the only game is you'll see), have 2 carnivorous kids to feed...

Comments on access from the East or North? Hoping to head to one of the two forestry sites. Seeing snow on the cams, should help with finding tracks. Just stoked about heading up. Now just hope that with all the OT at work wont sleep in (actually, am more worried about how my two mates will wake me if I'm not up in time on my own accord).

If up there can send a PM and maybe share some food.

Jelvis
11-02-2011, 08:15 PM
MU 3-13
Merritt Southwest
......................... generally poor deer hunting in this country apparently, moose?
......................... reached mainly from Coldstream road.
......................... the whole area has access and is hunted by everyone and his dog
......................... heavily hunted by the locals and some road warriors from the south
......................... a good elk herd in thar matey behind Lytton but closed hombre lol.
......................... try the good road from Hwy 1 @ the Thompson R/R under pass(east of Lytton)) up through the rolling highlands behind Lytton, and a few kilometres east of Boston Bar, in 3-14.
Jel .. Merritt Southwest .. MU 3-13 .. Heavily Haunted .. lol ..

3kills
11-02-2011, 11:45 PM
3-13 is a huge area lots of good spots and if I had a cow draw I know exactly where I would be! actually one of two places maybe even three

lineofsight
11-03-2011, 01:00 AM
Thanks Jellybear, figured it be busy there based on proximity to the LML, hence the boots to hopefully take me to some quieter places - if a lot of fresh snow it will slow travels though, but with finding tracks easier in the snow may not have to.

Only been into the area from Coldstream road, was curious if coming from the North more interesting but may just stick with what I know.

brazen
11-03-2011, 06:05 AM
Jelvis, can I transfer your whole file to my jelly folder in Google Earth at once??

betteroffishing
11-03-2011, 07:25 AM
a buddy pulled a big 3x3 mulie outta there last week so i went up on monday and got myself a nice spike buck { a;lso a mulie } it took me all of 5 minuits of hunting. good morning.

behemoth
11-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Biggest buck I've ever seen was in 3-13. There are some absolute monsters in there if you wear out some boot leather you might catch up with one

3kills
11-03-2011, 08:09 AM
biggest buck i shot was 3-13 too.but like i said 3-13 is a dam big area

gamer
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
I usually access this area at Murray lake. There has been logging activity in that area this year. There is a road that will take you through to Boston Bar. I have seen deer and moose in there. It is fairly high elevation so should have snow early. The closest I have seen whitetail to that area is at Coldstream Rd. (just before Brookmere) but on the east side of the Coq.

BigfishCanada
11-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Got my trophy out of 3-13, TROPHY BUCK, was with guy that got a moose in November a few years back

Call me and Ill tell you some good info,

3kills
11-03-2011, 08:02 PM
bfc was waitin for u to chime in LOL just cuz i know where ur buck was taken LOL my grandpa and uncle have been in that area recently lots of moose and moose sign

lineofsight
11-03-2011, 08:10 PM
What am wondering about is to go with what I know (not overly confident in that area) or try something new (enter from North end), like been said, its a large area. At the very least will be three days not working. PM sent.

3kills
11-03-2011, 11:25 PM
send me a pm with the info on where ur goin and what not. we got a dusting of snow tonight so i m pretty sure any where u plan on goin u will have fresh snow