PDA

View Full Version : Dewdney F.S.R.

Mr. Dean
09-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Spent the ENTIRE day up there, yesterday. That slide has gotten worse (km 6?), the road isn't passable unless you decide to hoof it in. :frown: It was latter in the day and I didn't have enough light left to warrant the hike in order to get where I wanted to go.
Saw a fair amount of Moose sign (including one animal) while hiking through the bush AND stumbled along a couple of other places decent enough for a second visit. Funny.....Most of the Deer evidence that I encountered was within the no shooting boundry of the highway. :frown::frown:

The good news is, is that at 8:00 pm, when I was comming out, there were some BIG machines/loaders parked on the pavement. Maybe they're goin in to clean up that slide OR create some new areas (?).

Most of the area's that I went into were 1st time visits and the winds were 'swirly'. An EXCELLENT day for a 12 hr hike, even if it didn't produce any table fare.

MB_Boy
09-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Mr. Dean....

Just out of complete curioustiy....where is this road??

Mr. Dean
09-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Mr. Dean....

Just out of complete curioustiy....where is this road??

On the Cogahoola still in reg 2 - NO MOOSE SEASON. :frown::frown:

This just in>>>>>>>>>

CONFIRMED COUGAR POO ENCOUNTERED!!!
Had to go out and buy a book on poo, to confirm this ($27.95), from Chapters. But what the hay, It was bugg'n ME!

Also had a mouse climb up on the toe of my boot in order for him to have his snack.

I'll likely take another day in there next week.......

scoot
09-22-2006, 03:06 AM
That's some expensive crap.

CNE
09-24-2006, 05:25 PM
The good news is, is that at 8:00 pm, when I was comming out, there were some BIG machines/loaders parked on the pavement. Maybe they're goin in to clean up that slide OR create some new areas (?).
It didnt happen...