PDA

View Full Version : Cooey serial number

brazen
11-01-2011, 04:23 AM
When we transfered a cooey the guy told me to make sure I asked to have a serial number sticker mailed to me. I did request it, and the man on the phone seemed to nod his head, but nothing has come and the serial number box on the certificate is blank. What should I do?

Steeleco
11-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Don't worry about it, the registry will be dead soon and all the records are to be destroyed. It won't matter one bit that your Cooey hasn't a serial number of some stupid sticker. FWIW, the one the gave me moons ago fell off the first time I cleaned the gun!!

Van Isle
11-02-2011, 08:13 PM
From my own research here and on CGN, serial number stickers are hit or miss, mostly miss. Meaning CFP rarely if ever mails them out anymore. Your reg papers will have a "serial" number on them, but you wont' get a sticker to gum up your Cooey. I've had my Cooey registered for 6-7 months now and there is no sticker. They didn't mail me a sticker, nothing was said about the sticker. All in all I wouldn't worry about it. ESPECIALLY since the registry is going to be null and void in a few weeks. I see that your serial number box is blank...that means your firearm, according to the registry, is not serialized. How does that help in identifying the gun to the registry? It doesn't...another big win for the logic of the registry.

westwayshooter
11-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Many Cooey rimfires were produced without a serial number. My own Model 600 does not have one. It is registered without one. Yours is too if the serial number box is blank. Another reason that the registry was pointless.
WS

Lone Ranger
11-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Same, my Cooey 60 doesn't have one either. Its never been registered and never will be. Its strictly for plinking starlings and crows in the yard anyways. LR

Philcott
11-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I engraved the number on the barrel in our machine shop. I laughed when I got the sticker and was told to stick it on the gun. Hopps #9 would make short order of that stupid thing.

Gateholio
11-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Without the sticker and the registration certificate, your Cooey is transformed into a death dealing, baby killing weapon of mass destruction!