PDA

View Full Version : A new hunter needs your help to get on his feet

jafours
10-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone,
I am new to hunting, last year went with couple of friends for hunting in USA and now I am totally hooked to it. I have just got my lic/tag etc.

I am in desperate need to go on short (2 days) hunting trips with someone expert who could show me the ropes. If you know any landowner who would be kind enough to allow me to hunt on his/her property it would be nice too. Any area that is good for new hunters that you know of?

Please please please, the hunting season is about to be over and any help will be highly appreciated. FYI I have tags for Mule deer, whitetail and moose.

you can also send me direct email at jafours@yahoo.ca

Thanks much,

jeff
10-31-2011, 08:19 PM
where u live

jafours
10-31-2011, 08:27 PM
I am in Delta BC and willing to travel anywhere within the radius of 6 hours drive.

Jelvis
10-31-2011, 08:37 PM
How old are you Jay? Tell us about yourself.
Jel-Rock

Trapper D
10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
your previous posts are confusing me. how did the brown bear/ bison hunt go? are you on the island or delta? you a resident of bc?

jafours
10-31-2011, 09:31 PM
Hi Trapper D,

My earlier posts are consistent but no worries I'll answer your confusion; I used to live in vancouver island until late 2010 and now moved to lowermain land (Delta). I have tried couple of time bow hunting in VI 2009 with no luck. Early last year visited friends in USA and this is where got to see the action first hand. I have got my firearm lic, and have got 375 H&H (browning) earlier this year and have got some essential hunting gears too. I was planning to go for brow bear and/or bison this year but the plans are squashed (have already consumed all my time off) (and now I am left with 375 :(( ..). I am 43 years old. Hope this answer your confusion.

hopsing
10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Check your box jafours. Be glad to help new hunters.