PDA

View Full Version : Huge muley

Fullcurled4point
10-31-2011, 07:27 PM
For all of you folks living in cranbrook....i just caught wind that the big non-typpy mule deer hangn around was shot this morning just past the cranbrook overpass....Great white hunter i guess. Nothing like giving our granola crunchers and non-hunters fuel for the fire..
if anybodys got pics of the joker...put em up...hes rumoured to be in the 190s
so heres to you mossy horned muley.

rocksteady
10-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I sure hope your sources are wrong....

I have seen him ,he is a beaut...... I hope the "hunter" that takes him does not go for a mount etc...Like getting the neighbourhood stray cat stuffed....He is a town deer, would be interesting to hear the story of the "great adventure" in taking him...

"It was a cool crisp morning as I sat statue still in my treestand (in the Wal-Mart parking lot) and detected movement, I slowly raised my binoculars and saw, just around the corner of the Tim Hortons drive thru, a doe running like crazy towards Alpine Toyota. I knew a buck would be hot on her heels. Sure enough, the buck ran across the strip at Northstar Chev and I knew I had to make my move, waiting to ambush him as soon as he left city limits................."

Jelvis
10-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Sounds like a drive by shooting in CranBrerryBrook.
Jel .. Elevation 3000 feet above sea level .. Must be a virus going round lol.

eastkoot
10-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Same thing happened to a few very large NT's in Sparwood. They made it just to Finning yard on their way to the dump and got dumped. We actually had one killed years ago by a bow and arrow dude and ran till it bled out and died in front of a butcher shop in a strip mall ..

Jelvis
10-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Deer everywhere in Cranny Brook is what we been hearing, in yards and uptown.
Jp .. Are you feeding these deer or whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Caveman
10-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Same thing happened to a few very large NT's in Sparwood. They made it just to Finning yard on their way to the dump and got dumped. We actually had one killed years ago by a bow and arrow dude and ran till it bled out and died in front of a butcher shop in a strip mall ..

Wasn't that convenient!!

Everett
10-31-2011, 07:55 PM

Now thats handy:-D. Honestly coudn't care if he was a town deer as long he was shot legaly if its legal who cares. Just another dead mule deer going into someones freezer. If i see one of our town bucks outside town limits he is dead. Bloody pests all need to be shot!

Fullcurled4point
10-31-2011, 07:56 PM
ahahah ya convenient as it gets lol.....

Fullcurled4point
10-31-2011, 07:57 PM
I sure hope your sources are wrong....

I have seen him ,he is a beaut...... I hope the "hunter" that takes him does not go for a mount etc...Like getting the neighbourhood stray cat stuffed....He is a town deer, would be interesting to hear the story of the "great adventure" in taking him...

"It was a cool crisp morning as I sat statue still in my treestand (in the Wal-Mart parking lot) and detected movement, I slowly raised my binoculars and saw, just around the corner of the Tim Hortons drive thru, a doe running like crazy towards Alpine Toyota. I knew a buck would be hot on her heels. Sure enough, the buck ran across the strip at Northstar Chev and I knew I had to make my move, waiting to ambush him as soon as he left city limits................."

ahahahahahah nice buddddy! hey how many trick or treaters u get buddy...i didnt get very many...ps i live two doors down lol red ford

Fullcurled4point
10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Now thats handy:-D. Honestly coudn't care if he was a town deer as long he was shot legaly if its legal who cares. Just another dead mule deer going into someones freezer. If i see one of our town bucks outside town limits he is dead. Bloody pests all need to be shot!

if hes outside for sure deader then a door nail

eastkoothunter
10-31-2011, 11:26 PM
sources are right. bucks dead. 190's.

fireguy
10-31-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't know the area at all, but if you were hunting outside the boundry (assuming it was shot outside town boundries) and saw a nice buck would you shoot it? I probably would, you never know, the hunter might not have even known the deer was a "town deer" at all and only saw it the one time. Town deer or not, if it is outside the municipal boundries on huntable land its fair game and shouldn't even be an issue about shooting it. If it was taken within the boundries of town or in a no hunting area, that is different.

rocksteady
11-01-2011, 07:26 AM
The point I was trying to make was...It is a town deer, no fear of humans... Not like it would really be a hard "hunt" to get it off of municipal lands and get him...

Sometimes it is more about the hunt than the harvest... :)

Mikey Rafiki
11-01-2011, 07:36 AM

That field behind Finning is well inside the no shooting area, including bows and crossbows (the dump is too). Saw someone parked there last week that was likely going for those elk that hang out there.

Mikey Rafiki
11-01-2011, 07:49 AM
The point I was trying to make was...It is a town deer, no fear of humans... Not like it would really be a hard "hunt" to get it off of municipal lands and get him...

Sometimes it is more about the hunt than the harvest... :)

I live right near where this buck was shot. I haven't seen him yet, but I have seen a lot of nice bucks in that area of town or destroying the trees in my front yard. Since it's a short walk from my front door I have spent a fair bit of time in the area and it's not as easy to hunt as some might think. Sure once the rut kicks in they are pretty dumb, but there are quite a few rocky bluffs and rough terrain where they are earlier in the season. A lot of people hunt this area and there are still crankers coming out, so it can't be that easy. They aren't all sitting downtown waiting to get pushed out of city limits, they usually come off the hills later in the season to follow the does that hang out in town.

Savage Man
11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
If it was Legal who cares !!!!!!!!!!!!! We have to many Mulies in Kimberley and Cranbrook their is talk of a cull so whats the problem.

fireguy
11-01-2011, 08:51 AM
To put this into perspective.
If you had the chance to hunt the bighorn sheep heard at or should I say near the Cadoman mine site, would you. A absolute no brainer, and most people hunt that area by sitting at the boundry waiting for the sheep to walk past the no shooting line into the shooting area. The world record bighorn sheep was taken this way.
This deer is no different, he lived in a no shooting area, walked out and was shot. They don't get big by being dumb either and probably don't wander off very ofter, but sometimes they do.

bigbear1985
11-01-2011, 08:52 AM
is this the big buck with the drop tine? wow what a deer i wonder what it scores. congrats on the hunter

rocksteady
11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
To put this into perspective.
If you had the chance to hunt the bighorn sheep heard at or should I say near the Cadoman mine site, would you. A absolute no brainer, and most people hunt that area by sitting at the boundry waiting for the sheep to walk past the no shooting line into the shooting area. The world record bighorn sheep was taken this way.
This deer is no different, he lived in a no shooting area, walked out and was shot. They don't get big by being dumb either and probably don't wander off very ofter, but sometimes they do.

I can't relate, I do not hunt sheep.. :)

fireguy
11-01-2011, 09:39 AM
Ok rockseady, you don't hunt sheep, but you hunt elk.

Some farmer, on his private land doesn't let anyone hunt, he has elk that feed side by side with his cattle, one of them is a big bull. The big bull has been hanging around for years, since he was a calf and the farmer can feed him by hand.
You move into the area for your anual hunt, see this bull on the posted no hunting land and know you cannot hunt him there. Will you try and call him to get him off the posted land and if you do, will you shoot him?

rocksteady
11-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Fireguy..maybe its just me....

If the elk was on a farmers land is one thing, if the elk lived in downtown Cranny, thats different...

I have no issue with the guy shooting it, HOWEVER, it does nothing for me :)

eastkoothunter
11-01-2011, 11:08 AM
is this the big buck with the drop tine? wow what a deer i wonder what it scores. congrats on the hunter

yep its that buck. mid 190's are the word on the street

rocksteady
11-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I know Ddog has some stellar pictures of him...Maybe he will be kind enough to post...Live pics, not deceased...

bforce750
11-01-2011, 11:48 AM
I wonder if this "hunter" is going to enter in the EK Big game Banquet again!!! you know its all about fare chase and the thrill of the hunt...driving downtown in your 1981 flatdeck toyota spotting and stocking..throwing a few pinecones at these trophies to push them out of sight...what a RUSH!!!

happyhunter
11-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Ive got pics of this buck on my cell phone, pics probably aren't worth putting up being pretty grainy and all. He was a brute though!

Bullseye Bob
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e143/searun17/073-2.jpg

Bullseye Bob
11-01-2011, 12:51 PM
i believe this is the buck you are talking about,sorry for the quality of the pic.

Ddog
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM
i dunno,, if he was outside city limits and i saw him,, knowing his history and haveing pics of him for the last 3 years in my front yard,, nope would have had to pass it up for sure. If i did not know his history and saw him outside city limits then ,,holy crap he would have an arrow through him so quick. i guessed this deer would be around the 200 mark and so did the others i have showed the pictures to, i guess only time will tell what he really scores.
i will post some pics i have.

chola
11-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Here are the boys as they were in late June or the first week in July...I saw the drop tine buck every week up until last..I would see him when I was going to and coming from work.
This was around 5th Ave S area...Sure covered the area to get to the overpass...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bagsola/032.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bagsola/035.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/bagsola/044.jpg

Ddog
11-01-2011, 01:36 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/DDOGGY/DSCF2044.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/DDOGGY/DSCF2057.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/DDOGGY/DSCF2058.jpg
so this is the "TOWN BUCK" check him out he's a dandy alright

SimilkameenSlayer
11-01-2011, 01:45 PM
man that's so cool!

i would like very much to have those guys on my lawn, the ultimate in lawn ornaments!

...... unless it became a safety issue with kids or something.

billjc33
11-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Very nice deer! I don't think mid 190's, 200 though probably mid to high 170's after deductions, not wide enough or long enough. lots of deductions on the left side. But anyways you look at it, I sure would love to wake up and see that guy and his friends in my front yard everyday. But If the guy shot it legally you can't really blame him. It would be hard not to

11-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I'd be very surprised if any of those bucks pictured above were any where near 190 BC

CT

Dolomite
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
How far do we have to drive to make it a "hunted deer"?

Bchunter3006
11-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Passed the gutpile on the way home

Rubberfist
11-01-2011, 05:09 PM
lol...nice f*cking lawn ornaments you boys have down there...must be nice to be able to tag-out from your deck, although shooting over the barbeque and not ruining the wife's rattan furniture does make for a challenging hunt.

eastkoot
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE]

lol...nice f*cking lawn ornaments you boys have down there...must be nice to be able to tag-out from your deck, although shooting over the barbeque and not ruining the wife's rattan furniture does make for a challenging hunt.

Just adds to the challenge of the hunt!!http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/duramaxx/P1030199.jpg

dana
11-01-2011, 05:50 PM
If that NT is the buck that you boys are calling a monster, then you guys need to get out of city limits and see some real deer. It is a unique buck with some character but that ain't a 190 buck. Might gross in the 170's as a NT if it's lucky. Certainly not a buck to get all hot and bothered over like some guys in this thread.

Jelvis
11-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Those are nice bucks in CranBrerryBrook. Whoa! Their so Whoa!
Jel .. I mean it Cranbrary's got mules .....................................Your so Whoa

Fullcurled4point
11-01-2011, 06:18 PM
lol guess to some up whats on my mind....ya if hes on legal grounds...shoot em..cause i would....he aint no 190 inch deer.....and i Really hope that deer doesnt show up at the banquet..remember when the other town deer that was chased outta city limits was entered? lol the "hunter" didnt show up lol

Jelvis
11-01-2011, 06:26 PM
I bet all the local hunting cowboys in Cranny are peeed right off eh?
More hat then cattle lol.
..................................The Gunslingers are shooting blanks
Jel E Us .................................................. .........................Green with ENVY lol.
Would be hard not shooting on legal hunting grounds WHOA! .. Your so WHOA! ......

Fullcurled4point
11-01-2011, 06:45 PM
ahahhaha i agree bud

eastkoothunter
11-01-2011, 07:13 PM
lol guess to some up whats on my mind....ya if hes on legal grounds...shoot em..cause i would....he aint no 190 inch deer.....and i really hope that deer doesnt show up at the banquet..remember when the other town deer that was chased outta city limits was entered? Lol the "hunter" didnt show up lol

...........x2

IronNoggin
11-01-2011, 07:27 PM
It is a unique buck with some character but that ain't a 190 buck.

Yup. Seen more than a handful of real 190 plus mulies over my span, and that one simply doesn't rank. That said, if I saw him in a legal shooting area, he'd be toast faster than you can blink! :twisted:

Cheers,
Nog - Loves "Character"!

mark
11-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Why are some guys looking down on the guy for shooting this buck??? Rocky...you say it wasnt hard????? Ive seen pics of you with does and cows....how HARD were they???? Most game taken is from the truck....how hard is that???

Given the "town deer" issues in Cranny, shouldnt the hunter be given a pat on the back for his contribution to fixing the problem???
OR are you guys just jealous that he beat ya to it???? :lol:

wrenchhead
11-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Nice buck for sure, I wouldnt pass him up. I agree doesn't have the width for 190. And I got to say to each there own, if he's out of city limits have at er.

J_T
11-01-2011, 08:35 PM

Sometimes it is more about the hunt than the harvest... :) Probably see him mounted at the big game banquet....winning top score....

bugler
11-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Probably see him mounted at the big game banquet....winning top score....

And it will be top score because it appears that there is nothing even close to that left living outside of city limits these days....And ya, I'd put an arrow through him too if I caught him out of town.

killer
11-01-2011, 09:00 PM
would dump that buck in a second if he was outside 190 dont think so but a definate shooter.

Hunting/addict
11-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Nice buck but doesnt score close to many of the comments on this site.....

Jelvis
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Hard to tell from a photo that bucks body is Hugh Mongus, so the antlers would appear smaller to some then they are. This mistake has been made by trophy hunters underestimating a large rack on a very large bodied buck. The ratio sen say she oh!
That's a Killer Rocky Mountain Mule Deer and we all agree on dat.
Jp in Cranny Brook 3000 feet level over dare .. Some big deer in Cranny Town ...u-no-it

fireguy
11-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Why are some guys looking down on the guy for shooting this buck??? Rocky...you say it wasnt hard????? Ive seen pics of you with does and cows....how HARD were they???? Most game taken is from the truck....how hard is that???

Given the "town deer" issues in Cranny, shouldnt the hunter be given a pat on the back for his contribution to fixing the problem???
OR are you guys just jealous that he beat ya to it???? :lol:

I agree with you on this one Mark, I believe have I shot a "town deer" before, I have no regrets about it. Actually I didn't even know it was a town deer until months after I shot it and found out some people had taken pictures of it in town the year before. I was hunting outside of town in late season and happened upon him and took the shot and I would probably have done the same with this guy. Besides it saves him from the cull that is coming to cranbrook anyhow. If I was the hunter I would have no issues with entering him in the local contest, of course it could have been an out of town guy that will do the same in his local club.

Jelvis
11-01-2011, 09:47 PM
The guy will tell every body he hiked for daze up rocky steep cliffs to get this buck.
Daze on end from light to dark and almost exhausted and giving up when there, right by a rocky out cropping on the mountaintop was Mr. Hugh Mongus. 300 yard shot.
Then dragged the 400 pound buck over boulders and logs til I collapsed by the truck
and fell asleep I was so tired.

eastkoothunter
11-01-2011, 09:57 PM
194 gross. no need to wonder about the score anymore. now you know.

shed-hunter1
11-01-2011, 10:56 PM
sounds like a lot of jealous people out there if i saw him in a legal zone drop him right now

Ambush
11-01-2011, 11:15 PM
It's a deer and everybody in Cranbrook is bitching and crying about how they are over run with them.

I'm going to keep track of all the guys that are looking down on this kill and you better hope you never post about an animal you killed while road hunting. You know, the very typical " .. so I jumped out and jacked a shell in..."

Maybe I should just go search now, for past posts.

But then, I shoot cattle, so I'm a little skewed.

calvin L
11-01-2011, 11:48 PM
eastkoothunter 194 gross ! I would like to see pictures of the buck hard horned . It must have gained and lot of inch's over the last bit of the growing season . send me some pictures please . I will not forward them to anyone as I would just like to see it hard horned . Thank you for trying in advance

calvin L

chola
11-02-2011, 03:25 AM
The cull here is no big deal....nobody knows exactly whats going to be taken out whether its problem does or big bucks......they are only taking 25 deer..

As for people being jealous, I don't think thats the case at all. Anybody in their right mind would have took the air out this bugger in a heartbeat.
I think what gets most people all riled up is the fact that ya may have to listen to a BS story/rumour about what an amazing and difficult hunt this was....
If the guy is proud of this deer,well so be it...who are we to judge him

Ya just have to remember 1 thing fellas....

We all can kill, but we all can't hunt

Ddog
11-02-2011, 03:47 AM
i don't think people care about the deer being shot, was it legal? yes. Would they have done it ? possibly. Would i have done it? its a question i have been pondering over, i know this buck for the last 3 years now, so i may have or may not have now that i think about it, but i think i would have arrowed him. I think a lot of others are saying they wouldn't have but....they never had the chance..sooo.
i wonder if the guy is going to enter it in the EK big game banquet?
So everybody doing the ragging should just relax a bit, this one was a legal kill from what we all hear, the big boy with his member hanging out is dead.
end of story, SO BE IT, LET IT GO NOW, THE END
cheers....D

billjc33
11-02-2011, 06:23 AM
I have a really hard time believing 194 gross! Just take a glimpse at a few 194 deer and there is no comparison. Looks like a 175/80 typical frame with a 4 inch drop and a couple sticker points and alot of deductions.

smoothbor
11-02-2011, 07:09 AM
I think 194 is a bit of a stretch from the pics we have seen on this thread, but I guess you never Know, looks more like 170 ish gross

eastkoothunter
11-02-2011, 08:26 AM
just passing on what ive been told

whitetailsheds
11-02-2011, 08:43 AM

LOL...thanks Ambush! You made my morning. I needed that! And that buck doesn't score 190.....

bigbear1985
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
was up at the local taxidermests last night and the bucks grosses 194 and has 9 inches of deductions. i have a great picture of my youngest daughter feeding this buck out of her hand.

4pointer91
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Certainly not as large as the muley that got poached in Penticton 3 or 4 years back. It lived in orchards within city limits its whole life before someone with low ethics, a bow and a bad shot came along!

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x474/4pointer91/munsonmountainbuuck.jpg

rocksteady
11-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Why are some guys looking down on the guy for shooting this buck??? Rocky...you say it wasnt hard????? Ive seen pics of you with does and cows....how HARD were they????

So are you saying that I should not be harvesting does or cows, even though it is part of the overall big picture management strategy to ensure a healthy population and herd??? Harvesting a cow elk some years can be very hard....Not like they are just standing in farmers fields all over the place, like they are cattle or in Banff....Whitetail does ARE easy, especially with the 21 day season, so if you read my adventures, I wanted to make it more challenging for ME, so I used a shot gun with home built black powder rounds....

Quote Mark [Given the "town deer" issues in Cranny, shouldnt the hunter be given a pat on the back for his contribution to fixing the problem???
OR are you guys just jealous that he beat ya to it???? ]

No lealousy at all, from my part, I am not a muley addict...I prefer the meat form whiteys more than whiteys....In the past, when the bag limit over here was 1 Muley buck and 1 WHitey buck, I used to kill one of each every year, for meat...Now that I have the option of putting 1 doe and 1 buck (whitey), in the freezer, I don't even buy a muley tag, as I think whiteys are much better table fair........As well, I do not feel our muley population is all that strong, to the point where the season is now (my opinion), however I do agree that the WT population is very healthy and can sustain a harvest of bucks and does...Can't say that for muleys, thats for sure...

I equate the harvest of this buck to harvesting a "pet" deer from town....Sure it may have been legal, and no bad feeelings towards the dude who shot it, I just don't think I would have.......Too much history with "Harry Dyck".... I was talking with others the other day, from this site and said it would be nice if they could reloacte this buck to the "wild" away from town so that he could pass on his genetic strengths, after the season closed of course, but I guess that opportunity is gone bye bye...

What I fell really hypocritical is people on here, with the Boone and Crockett Watch list, slagging a hunter who shot a 450" bull on a high fence elk ranch, that cover 50 000 acres in size, in fair chase...yet, they are proud of someone shooting a town pet, who happened to wander over a line drawn on a map?????

So I guess we agree to disagree on this one Mark....Oh well....Thats the great thing about hunting in BC...No matter what your ethics, species, or method of hunting, we are all pretty well able to do what we feel meets our personal requirements of a "hunt"....

huntcoop
11-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I woulda shot him in a heart beat.

stitch
11-02-2011, 11:10 AM
was up at the local taxidermests last night and the bucks grosses 194 and has 9 inches of deductions. i have a great picture of my youngest daughter feeding this buck out of her hand.

Well this confirms the "Pet" theory....

Mikey Rafiki
11-02-2011, 11:43 AM

And some people would say that just makes the problem worse. That buck is gonna taste awesome eating apples, cheerios, fertilized grass and hedges....mmmm.

eastkoothunter
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
maybe some of you guys should stop trying to score bucks thru photographs...

beeugle
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
wish it was me!! he's a dandy........... to all you holier than thou's hey the city was going to bang him why not one of us.............. at least now he's gonna be in the freezer and on the wall, city was going to destroy them, racks to be destroyed, so no one got "preferential " treatment in getting them...there ain't no hunter in cranbrook that hasn't said if he was outside the city I'ld take him...welll..... one did ....simple.... right place right time...!!!!

Ddog
11-02-2011, 12:51 PM
i agree,, boy if that buck does score what they say, then boy all you know it alls on here that scored it in the 170's are pretty pathetic at scoring.

stitch
11-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Maybe he will loose 20 inches in the drying period :-P

dino
11-02-2011, 01:08 PM
maybe some of you guys should stop trying to score bucks thru photographs...

Dont you know that everyone on here is a self proclaimed pro. Hell, were always right.

The Dude
11-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Is it legal to hunt with a golf club?
Ask Tiger Wood's wife, I guess. :D

Mr. Dean
11-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Wow, what next?
Should we spay and neuter city deer instead of giving them the honor of a fair chase hunt???

There is no such thing as "Pet Deer" or "City Deer" - It's wildlife that's been habituated and has become a real problem/threat to citizens of the community. The one's whom fed it, instead of scurrying it away, created its demise for him.

Whoever got him; GOOD ON YA!
Post us some pic's and lets hear the story.

coach
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Is it legal to hunt with a golf club?
Ask Tiger Wood's wife, I guess. :D

I tried it once.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/coach108/sean109.jpg

It was fun, but really ineffective..

The Dude
11-02-2011, 03:01 PM
LMAO....nice country!

dino
11-02-2011, 03:19 PM
I tried it once.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy154/coach108/sean109.jpg

It was fun, but really ineffective..

I found a golf ball in my crabtrap once. Did you ever live on the coast?

Mr. Dean
11-02-2011, 03:29 PM
i agree,, boy if that buck does score what they say, then boy all you know it alls on here that scored it in the 170's are pretty pathetic at scoring.

Yeah, I looked at the pic's.

I have a 170 sumthin' on my wall and while it's heavy, it's not looking as heavy as this one. This guy also has NICE length to all it's points.... It's a VERY respectable example and I can see it goin' 190 plus a few.

sawmill
11-02-2011, 03:30 PM
I don`t mind that the buck got nailed,hell,there are bigger ones here that I wish would wander out of town.What pisses me off are the 2 who have been shot in town limits and only had the head cut off,leaving all the meat to rot.
And by the way,I`m with Rock Steady,I shoot antlerless too,meat is meat and I already have too many horns.Maybe when I get rich I`ll piss away a season and a bunch of money looking for a monster,untill then.............I eat real well.

Mr. Dean
11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
I don`t mind that the buck got nailed,hell,there are bigger ones here that I wish would wander out of town.What pisses me off are the 2 who have been shot in town limits and only had the head cut off,leaving all the meat to rot.

I think it's safe to say that most of us despise poachers too.

dana
11-02-2011, 04:32 PM
If those hard horned pics are from this year, then the guy that scored it needs to hand the tape to someone that knows what they are doing. The thing is a rat buck that I would pass on even on the last day of the season. I've passed on many bucks bigger than that one in the past and will do it again in the future. If you guys still think that's a monster, then I guess you've never hunted Clearwater. :)

billjc33
11-02-2011, 06:09 PM
I still have a really hard time believing 194 I was just looking at your coke can buck Dana and it scores 175 and I have a hard time believing that the town deer has 14 more inches. Plus it is going to get deducted for missing its g4 on the left side.

OutWest
11-02-2011, 06:24 PM
I still have a really hard time believing 194 I was just looking at your coke can buck Dana and it scores 175 and I have a hard time believing that the town deer has 14 more inches. Plus it is going to get deducted for missing its g4 on the left side.

24 more inches. There's not a chance that buck gets anywhere near 190

Weatherby Fan
11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
If those hard horned pics are from this year, then the guy that scored it needs to hand the tape to someone that knows what they are doing. The thing is a rat buck that I would pass on even on the last day of the season. I've passed on many bucks bigger than that one in the past and will do it again in the future. If you guys still think that's a monster, then I guess you've never hunted Clearwater. :)

In our part of area 3 we just let the kids shoot the little one's like this guy !

.300WSMImpact!
11-02-2011, 06:30 PM

I have to agree with Dana, I have passed up a couple of these this year, a little time left hope I get the time to hunt

dino
11-02-2011, 06:42 PM

You mean Dunster dont you?

dana
11-02-2011, 06:57 PM
I just ran the numbers from the photos and I come up with a 160 frame with 8-9 inches of trash. I've got him as a high 160's gross NT. Even if I am a
off by a few inches, he's a low 170's NT at best. I challenge those that think he's a 190 buck to do the math for yourselves.

Here's my numbers. Am I way out in Left Field or am I pretty close?

MB 22 R 24 L
G1 1 4/8 R 1 4/8 L
G2 12 R 10 4/8 L
G3 8 R 7 L
G4 5 R 9 L
H1 4 4/8 R 4 4/8 L
H2 4 4/8 R 4 4/8 L
H3 4 4/8 R 5 4/8 L
H4 4 R 5 L
A1 4 R 2 L
A2 0 R 2 L

eastkoothunter
11-02-2011, 07:01 PM
I just ran the numbers from the photos and I come up with a 160 frame with 8-9 inches of trash. I've got him as a high 160's gross NT. Even if I am a
off by a few inches, he's a low 170's NT at best. I challenge those that think he's a 190 buck to do the math for yourselves.

I challenge those who run numbers via a picture. Bucks 190 whether you like it or not. No point in trying to change the fact. Might be hard to believe but it is what it is

dana
11-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Run the numbers Eastkoot. If you can't see that is a 160 mainframe buck then you don't know the B&C scoring system. Prove my numbers wrong. Where would you change them. Let's use this bull$hit bitchin' thread for some educational purposes, so people will learn what they are looking at.

billjc33
11-02-2011, 07:11 PM
Question is who scored it???

BCrams
11-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I challenge those who run numbers via a picture. Bucks 190 whether you like it or not. No point in trying to change the fact. Might be hard to believe but it is what it is

Run the numbers. I doubt he's 190 either. You want a bonafide 190 buck ... just look at Mattb's buck from last year ....... this bucks antlers would fit inside its rack.

steepNdeep
11-02-2011, 07:17 PM
If this is the buck, he looks like a 150" ish mainframe buck. He has some cool character. I shot a similar 5x5 buck in the last hour, on the last day of the season a couple years ago to fill the freezer...

dana
11-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Someone on the internet said it was a 190 buck, so it must be a 190 buck. The only way that buck could be a 190 buck is if those live pics were taken a few years ago and that buck as finally grown up. In that picture there looks to be milk still on his lips. ;)

BCrams
11-02-2011, 07:24 PM
You mean Dunster dont you?

Guess the gigs up ....... going to go hunt Dunster n tresspass on all that private land there?

dana
11-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Damn Rams, stop telling everyone where I hunt. ;)

eastkoothunter
11-02-2011, 07:28 PM
K Dana, we get your a big hunter and what not, but the tape was put on it and it was 190. I dont care what you think anymore, I know you have your pride to save. Best of luck the rest of the hunting season

SimilkameenSlayer
11-02-2011, 07:32 PM
K Dana, we get your a big hunter and what not, but the tape was put on it and it was 190. I dont care what you think anymore, I know you have your pride to save. Best of luck the rest of the hunting season

lmao! thanks

150fighter
11-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Lol, this is great, got a beer in one hand a popcorn in the other!!

I have seen pics of this buck dead, and I dont think it would go 194, but I do believe it is higher than a 170 NT. The hard-horned live pictures on this thread makes it seem like his G3 on his right side are small, when in fact it is the same size as his left side. Plus this deer was a big-bodied deer, so maybe its a bit of an optical illusion?? I'm thinking 180ish NT, it will be interesting to see the final score!

dana
11-02-2011, 07:39 PM
East Koot,
Go to the B&C website and pull up the Non-typical Mule Deer score sheet. Have a look. Then tell me how on God's Earth that thing remotely comes close to 190. If it has been taped, it has been taped by someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Do they accidently add the outside spread in with the score? That seems to be about the only way I could see them getting 190. That buck has poor tine length, average mass and not a lot of inches in abnormals. Inside spread is 22 at best. The numbers I gave were actually quite generous.

fireguy
11-02-2011, 07:44 PM
For comparison, if you like, in a picture, this one grossed just over 200, so I would think a 194 would be in the same ballpark, not that it really matters to me one way or the other.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/fireguy4/2010MuleDeer.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/fireguy4/2010buck.jpg

Sorry about the pictures, the real thing is off getting some work done with it right now.

dana
11-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Here's another 190 buck for comparison. Compare tine length. Look at the forks. Does the city buck have what it takes? Also compare body size and facial masks. This was an early Sept buck and look at that old mature mask. I don't see that in the city buck.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/BCBOY/Muley%20Pics/File0015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/BCBOY/Muley%20Pics/Thad4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/BCBOY/Muley%20Pics/Thad1.jpg

dana
11-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Here's a 199 gross 7x7. Look at the time length. Look at the forks. This is what is needed to get a buck in the 190's. If this buck had of had a decent inside spread and a matching G2 he would have been a 210+ class buck.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/BCBOY/Muley%20Pics/NOV17032a.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/BCBOY/Muley%20Pics/NOV17031a.jpg

Bchunter3006
11-02-2011, 07:56 PM
The only way anyone will really know for sure is if they have their hands on the buck and score it themselves. Sometimes you can come up with a close score from pictures, sometimes not. Who gives a flying F$^# what the deer scores? Its a beautiful animal regardless. "Score" is just a number, and if your hunting is based soley on "score" than something is wrong. Hunting is way more than that. All in all, a buck that frequented town is dead. It was killed legally outside city limits, and is a beautiful buck. He may go 194, he may not. The only way to be sure is if you score it yourself. So give it up and quit your pissing match!

hunter1993ap
11-02-2011, 07:56 PM
i would like to see a pic of the buck in question on the ground with someone haning on to it. might be a lot different than what we are seeing when it is alive??

eastkoothunter
11-02-2011, 07:57 PM
East Koot,
Go to the B&C website and pull up the Non-typical Mule Deer score sheet. Have a look. Then tell me how on God's Earth that thing remotely comes close to 190. If it has been taped, it has been taped by someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Do they accidently add the outside spread in with the score? That seems to be about the only way I could see them getting 190. That buck has poor tine length, average mass and not a lot of inches in abnormals. Inside spread is 22 at best. The numbers I gave were actually quite generous.

Like I said, I don't care anymore. I was just passing on the information. You have your own opinion and that's fine. I wouldn't have guessed 194 either, but seeing the antlers there's no doubt that its at least 180. Sometimes pictures don't do justice.

Ddog
11-02-2011, 07:58 PM
who really cares? is the deer a great buck? sure he is,,it is a real good buck for someone. but why on earth do you care Dana? but hey thanks for your almighty knowing scoring on the photo.

dana
11-02-2011, 08:00 PM
You are missing the point of what I am saying. The pissing and moaning has been done by the wannabees that were complaining this buck was even killed. I could care less about that. The point I am making is teaching people to know what it is they are looking at. What makes a Big Buck a Big Buck. It is obvious that many people don't have a clue as to what that is.

Ddog
11-02-2011, 08:01 PM
As said before, score is just a number and to Dana it is everything, but thanks for your photos Dana were all very impressed

Bchunter3006
11-02-2011, 08:04 PM
A big buck is different for everyone. For you Dana, it may be 190+, and for others, it may be 130. Score is just a number. Would I classify this deer as a big buck? Yes. He is, plain and simple. He's a mature deer with some age on him and a respectable amount of bone on his head. He's a shooter to some, and a dink to others. Who cares.

hunter1993ap
11-02-2011, 08:05 PM
You are missing the point of what I am saying. The pissing and moaning has been done by the wannabees that were complaining this buck was even killed. I could care less about that. The point I am making is teaching people to know what it is they are looking at. What makes a Big Buck a Big Buck. It is obvious that many people don't have a clue as to what that is.

i dont think you can teach people how to score deer on this site. like you have said before it takes time and watching a ton of big deer and taping a lot of deer to have any clue. and until you see a buck someone shot yourself you cant tell how big it really is. most people tell me they shot just massive mule deer and they end up being like 130 class deer.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Dana.What did Mass and Trash score ?and could you please post the kill photo.
Thanks

SimilkameenSlayer
11-02-2011, 08:16 PM
some of you guys have MISSED THE POINT, it's all aboot getting your animal legally, cutting it up and eating it!

beginning and end!

just saying ......

OutWest
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
A big buck is different for everyone. For you Dana, it may be 190+, and for others, it may be 130. Score is just a number. Would I classify this deer as a big buck? Yes. He is, plain and simple. He's a mature deer with some age on him and a respectable amount of bone on his head. He's a shooter to some, and a dink to others. Who cares.

This has absolutely nothing to do with how "a big buck is different to everyone". Obviously the hunter is proud with the buck and so he should be. Whether you like the way Dana comes off or not doesn't change the fact that he knows what he's talking about. That buck is a 194 inch deer, plain and simple.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I just talked to my friend who is a guide and from Cranbrook.The buck as been scored and 194 is the number.This deer is over 300 lbs and the pictures dont do it justice .I dont know anyone who can accurately score antlers by pictures alone.

mark
11-03-2011, 10:51 AM
If that buck is a 194, the pics certainly dont do it justice! If so many have seen it, why doesnt someone take a pic with it in hands, and post it!
I may have to reconsider some of the bucks I let go?????

11-03-2011, 11:36 AM

I also find it hard to believe that this scrawny immature body weights 300 lbs.

Mr. Dean
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I keep telling people; you can't get definitive results from a pic. You need 3 dimension, not a flat piece of paper or a computer screen. It's impossible and have demonstrated it in the past, with the mounts I have AND a professional scorer.

An inch in camera angle, either vertical or horizontal (never mind BOTH) play havoc on brain cells. And we're not even considering the use of lens yet.... The math required to break down a picture, knowing all the variables, would make a Rocket Scientists head explode. It's not impossible, but nearly so.

Jelvis
11-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Mr. Dean for diplomatic relations representing mule deer big buck antler madness.
The Dean of sanity and the reality of rack size pictures on the little screen.
From pictures and website screens it's very difficult to measure in the minds eye.
But with modern tech some where out thar billy we should be able to point an instrument at the pic and get a real accurate shot lol.
Jp .. it's out there somewhere .. trophy people

BCrams
11-03-2011, 12:16 PM

I keep telling people; you can't get definitive results from a pic. You need 3 dimension, not a flat piece of paper or a computer screen. It's impossible and have demonstrated it in the past, with the mounts I have AND a professional scorer.

An inch in camera angle, either vertical or horizontal (never mind BOTH) play havoc on brain cells. And we're not even considering the use of lens yet.... The math required to break down a picture, knowing all the variables, would make a Rocket Scientists head explode. It's not impossible, but nearly so.

Must be a 5 foot high fence there eh 6616!!

The bucks back is likely 38-40" high or 3.3 feet ... or on an average 6 foot guy ... waist high. 300 lbs ... not after having seen and shot a heavy mountain buck myself.

Reality though ... the buck is standing in front of (with rear end really close) cinder block foundation which are 8" x 8" x 16"

Being liberal due to using the 8" dimensions off the background cinder block ..... I get this for very rough measurements:

G1 - 2"
G2 - 12" (bucks right)
G3 - 8" (bucks right)
G4 - 10" (off bucks left)

Inside ~20"

I stopped here because I realize I am just repeating the numbers what Dana put up ....

Should be pretty easy to get the numbers put up by a scorer!!

That aside - he's a pretty and dandy buck that could easily and very well be a buck of a lifetime for many.

11-03-2011, 12:49 PM
That aside - he's a pretty and dandy buck that could easily and very well be a buck of a lifetime for many.

And he doesn't look very old so he may have had some future potential.

bforce750
11-03-2011, 12:52 PM
For all you professional intraweb game scorers....don't you have anything better to do than sit in front of your computer and type 13 pages of diarrhea?

Rubberfist
11-03-2011, 02:47 PM
For all you professional intraweb game scorers....don't you have anything better to do than sit in front of your computer and type 13 pages of diarrhea?

lol...beat me to it...

I was gonna say, less typing and b*tiching, and more hunting you bunch of yeasty, sandy-vag'd Real Housewives of HBC wannabee's =O)

Mr. Dean
11-03-2011, 03:26 PM
BCrams;

Using the cinders as a reference to measure the rack is BAD judgement.

- If the combined focal length of sensor and lens is anything more than 50mm, they (blocks) will be seriously 'size distorted' due to what's known a compression; the background gets pulled in, thus looking bigger than they are. And there's a fair bit of distance between them and the rack.

And speaking of the rack.
- The tines are more on a forward angle and because of compression and/or angle, the image would make them appear shorter than what actually is. This is easily seen in the fence; look at the panel that runs the length of the deer. Them boards *appear* MUCH slimmer than the one's that run horizontally across its rump, yet I'm willing to bet that the homeowner used the same dimensional building material, when erecting that fence.

I could go on, but why bother. These above 2 examples are photography 101 and really is fundamental stuff.... Never Take a Picture For Granted.

Bullseye Bob
11-03-2011, 03:52 PM
dont know what this buck will score,but i watched this buck from the side of the road for about ten minutes and i can guarantee to you that these pics dont even come close to doing it justice,and judging by the size of its body i would have agree with very close to 300 lbs,this buck is not wide but has good height and mass.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Not as much milk as the Billy goat you harvested had in its mouth.

oclarkii
11-03-2011, 04:41 PM
This may have already been said, but I'm not going to wade thru 13 pages of fluff to find out, so if this is redundant, sorry.

Heard from a buddy of mine in Cranbrook, buck was killed with a bow outside city limits, 100% legal, and does indeed go in the 190's (gross, since nets are for fish anyways)

oclarkii
11-03-2011, 04:53 PM
I was gonna say, less typing and b*tiching, and more hunting you bunch of yeasty, sandy-vag'd Real Housewives of HBC wannabee's =O)

That's the best line I've seen on this site EVER!!!! Rubberfist Rules! Thanks man...

rockdog
11-03-2011, 04:57 PM
I was gonna say, less typing and b*tiching, and more hunting you bunch of yeasty, sandy-vag'd Real Housewives of HBC wannabee's =O)[/QUOTE]

You, sir are a poet . That was beautiful.

dana
11-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Do real housewives of HBC wannabees have numerous 190-215 bucks to their credit?:twisted::twisted: How many 200 inchers has the crew been on in recent years? Hmm, I guess we still don't have a clue what we are doing and somehow are just a bunch of lucky ba$tards eh? :-D How come the pics of the bucks we kill do them justice but somehow the pics make this buck 20-30 inches and 150 lbs smaller?:mrgreen::mrgreen:

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I will give your crew the credit they deserve ,you guys have laid down some beautiful bucks congrats.I have also seen you ridicule people who have shot nice deer that you have deemed as ''rat'' dinks or unworthy.I think this is showing little respect to the hunters and the animals.Also you have said that your buck ''Mass and Trash'' scores 202 nontypical.I really dont see that in your pictures and especially when I compare it to the non typical ''Tooly buck"".Within a few months you will be able to see the official score of the Cranbrook deer and you will either be getting an apology or you will be eating some humble pie.

dana
11-03-2011, 05:49 PM
I have seen Bighunterfish get punted from this website way more than I ever have for the comments he makes. Talk about respect? That's too funny! Are you back from your last exile with a changed heart? :) I have never ridiculed anyone for the deer they shoot. If you paid attention over the years, I actually commend a lot of hunters that shoot 'any deer'. The ones that got a poke were the ones that came at me long before I ever targetted them. You wanna play the game, expect to get the game played on you too. So the next time you see me use the word 'rat' look at the context it is used in.
As for this cranny buck, I don't think I'll be eating humble pie on it. I've looked a ton of big bucks over the years and I've played many a 'guess the score' games on line. If it gets entered into some big buck contest, my question would be, is there a professional scorer being used or is it just some joeblow. There are many big buck contests accross the province and some of them have some pretty darn weird ways of coming up with winners. I've seen some that just go with width and height. Some take any abnormals and make them an instant deduction. I watched a 190 NT get beat out by a 150 typical because of all the trash on the 190 buck were considered deductions.

notellyridge
11-03-2011, 05:54 PM
he aint no 190, 170 maybe and he should know better taunting and teasing the local hunters parading his rack around town!!!! you wont stay alive long doing that lol

Ddog
11-03-2011, 06:02 PM
I can tell you one thing for sure though, Dana is the great white hunter that knows all about scoring. Everytime someone has an opinion on a score he is sure to pipe up and correct them if they are wrong.
Let it go, the buck is a great buck, he was shot and killed good for the hunter. if you want to argue about who has a bigger buck then start your own thread lets put this one to rest and wait to see the actual results.

Rubberfist
11-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Do real housewives of HBC wannabees have numerous 190-215 bucks to their credit?:twisted::twisted: How many 200 inchers has the crew been on in recent years? Hmm, I guess we still don't have a clue what we are doing and somehow are just a bunch of lucky ba$tards eh? :-D How come the pics of the bucks we kill do them justice but somehow the pics make this buck 20-30 inches and 150 lbs smaller?:mrgreen::mrgreen:

The bucks you harvest are enviable, and while a blind squirrel does occassionally find a choice nut, I don't think there is any suggestion that such is the case with you boys. Please don't be offended by the "Real Housewives" quip - my offhanded point is that even "we/us" (male, macho, evil, baby-killing, meat-eating, hunters) like our drama just as much those botoxed, fake-jibbled, leather-tanned, bleach arseholed hags our wives and girlfriends love to watch.

That's why the average "harvest" post that bears little or nothing debatable gets around 900 views with around 45 posts, and something like Mark's "Sheep Country Part III" gets over 14,000 views and almost 200 posts.

The relevant point, however, is that while there are almost always valid points raised in threads like these, the overall net effect is that it can convince others NOT to post details of their hunts, or anything at all. I've seen this on other sites (i.e. Bowsite, Archerytalk...) and when hunters have to censor themselves to other hunters, we tend to lose a little as a community.

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM
I am all about respect now and I dont for see getting banned from this site.In fact I am looking at some maps right now and planning a little trip up to Clearwater to look for a nice buck.I always like to read your posts they make this site intresting I dont think I will play anymore poker with you because the stakes are too high and some people get sensitive.I hope you shoot a nice big buck ,but your greatest achievement has been your kids and how you mentored them.
All the best and shoot straight.

dana
11-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Ddog,
Why do you keep piping up if you want this thread to rest? Why do I need to keep my mouth shut when you are allowed to open your pie hole? Why are you a priviledged one and I must do what you say?? Do you tell all the sheep nuts to shut their pie holes when they go on and on and on about aging a ram? Some of those guys really know their $hit and a lot of hunters enjoy their debates so they can learn something from them. I do happen to know quite a bit about trophy muleys. That isn't me braggin', that is just me stating a fact. I also have said many many times that I am always learning when it comes to muleys. If I knew it all, every big buck I've ever encountered would be hanging on my wall. 99% of the time, it is the other way around. They school me. And that is what drives me. If you think I'm all about score, you really haven't paid attention on this site. Score is just a number that describes an animal. It is not the end all for me. On the contray. I hunt big bucks because I like hunting big bucks.

dana
11-03-2011, 06:28 PM
I am all about respect now and I dont for see getting banned from this site.In fact I am looking at some maps right now and planning a little trip up to Clearwater to look for a nice buck.I always like to read your posts they make this site intresting I dont think I will play anymore poker with you because the stakes are too high and some people get sensitive.I hope you shoot a nice big buck ,but your greatest achievement has been your kids and how you mentored them.
All the best and shoot straight.

Bighunterfish,
You are right when it comes to my kids. That is what it is all about for me. If you want to see how our family adventures have been this year, take a look at the MonsterMuleys Hunt Adventure Challenge, http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID52/35.html. Be warned though, it is very picture heavy. :)

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-03-2011, 06:43 PM
Bighunterfish,
You are right when it comes to my kids. That is what it is all about for me. If you want to see how our family adventures have been this year, take a look at the MonsterMuleys Hunt Adventure Challenge, http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID52/35.html. Be warned though, it is very picture heavy. :)

Thats amazing stuff .I rember seeing pictures of your children hunting years ago and they looked like small kids now they are young adults and thier passion for the outdoors is evident.Soon you will be taking your granchildren out and enjoying their first hunts.I have to admit you are a master with the camera and I really think you should write a book with lots of pictures and chronicles of your hunts.I have read many books on hunting and very few make me feel like I am actually experincing the hunt. I know you could capture that and I would be the first to buy a signed copy and help promote and sell the book.I will go through the pictures and stories again and I thank you for posting them. Well done.

Kody94
11-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Bighunterfish,

I agree. Fantastic stuff Dana. Its been neat to see your kids growing up over the years. You're doing a greatjob and should be proud.

Re: the Cranbrook buck, i've seen the one in the pics on 14th a few times, and I would never have believed it would go more than 170. It looked like it was 3 to 4 yo.

Has anyone here seen the alleged 194 buck on the ground? Is it for sure the same deer as the ones posted on pg 3?

Vader
11-03-2011, 07:28 PM
What if this is not the picture of the buck that was shot? Until it is shown on here, and I doubt that it will, this thread will go on in perpetuity. The buck was harvested fairly, by a bow, by a legally licensed hunter at around 1030 in the morning. Tagged appropriately. Reported to the CO's, just because of the notoriatey that this harvested buck would and did create.
The buck will most likely be entered and displayed for all to see at the EK banquet, which I think it should be, and then it will be known.
Til then speculate & bash away.. it's an interesting read..

Gateholio
11-03-2011, 07:35 PM
That would be hilarious if indeed people have been debating 2 separate bucks. :)

rocksteady
11-03-2011, 07:44 PM
Gate...you may just be right...This particular buck from Ddogs pictures hung out in the 7th street South area, between Gyro Pak and Woodland school....He has for the past 2 years....He has does around there galore, so I can not see why he owuld suddenly be 6 km away from there on the outskirts of town?:?? He is deifinitely the biggest buck in the area, so I doubt his dominance would be challenged by a smaller buck....

I am starting to think maybe it is 2 different bucks.....If it is the same buck he will have a used-to-bare-but-now-growing-hair- penis on him...It looked like he got it hooked on a fence when he jumped it or ran into a doe that could suck a golf ball through a garden hose... :)

dana
11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
I asked several times if indeed this is the same buck or even if the pictures were taken this year. I just got a very very nasty PM from Ddog basically saying what everyone already knows, I'm An A$$hole. If these are his pics that he took and he in fact knows the buck then I doubt they are two different deer. According to him I know nothing about scoring mule deer and since the bucks in my area don't allow me to feed them out of my hand and tape them live on the hoof, I guess he's right. :) :) I know at least d-dog won't see this post as he has now blocked me. Oh my gawd. My feelings are soooo hurt. ;)

landphil
11-03-2011, 08:16 PM

Agreed! So long as there's no typical made-up BS hunting story out of it, fly at it. I would.

ROFL!:mrgreen:

That would be hilarious if indeed people have been debating 2 separate bucks. :)
I was wondering when someone was going to ask / suggest that.

I just got a very very nasty PM from Ddog basically saying what everyone already knows, I'm An A$$hole.

This has me laughing, I hope you don't mind. And don't worry, a$$holes are very important in making the world go 'round, think about where you'd be without one.:-D:razz:

Darksith
11-03-2011, 08:18 PM
this is hilarious, keep up the good posts peeps...if anyone says that a pic can't do justice then they need to jump in some cold water. You have a ton of bonified reference points...cinder blocks, 8" wood siding on house, 5.5" fencing...its not like its a pic in the woods where its hard to say how big the tree beside the animal is...seriously, is this argument still happening simply b/c crannies want a big buck living in/close to town? Come on peeps, its no bigger than the antlers on my shed, and they aren't worth scoring for bragging rights anyway.

dana
11-03-2011, 08:36 PM
This thread reminded me of one on MM right now. I think the Crannys and this kid should get to gether and host a scoring seminiar. ;)
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID6/22344.html

bugler
11-03-2011, 09:42 PM
Plenty of competent scorers here Dana, and if it is entered in the EK banquet it will be done properly. And this example ain't nothing like the one you just showed us.
Muley Ego Maniac alright.

coach
11-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Ok. Enough's enough guys. Quit tormenting Dana and let him in on the fact that this buck was scored using the metric system.

Fullcurled4point
11-03-2011, 10:08 PM
holy cow that went viral lol

Mr. Dean
11-04-2011, 10:52 AM
I lifted the pic and did some CSI, Mr. Dean style. :lol:

The results were interesting and I got leaned-up on what a Fugi Finepix, s3400 is all about.
Did *some* of the math and am confident in saying; there's more to this picture than what "appears" to be and believe that it does not do the deer justice.

Now whether or not it's the deer in question, I don't know but would LOVE to see this one, dead at my feet. :evil:

Vader
11-04-2011, 11:24 AM
The buck in question is a 7 x 6.. Not the one in the pic.. and it greened out at 194 and 5/8.. just so we can slow down a little on the finger pointing and name calling...

rocksteady
11-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Can you supply a picture please Vader.....

Mr. Dean
11-04-2011, 11:40 AM
The buck in question is a 7 x 6.. Not the one in the pic...

That there is FUNNY CHIT!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BCrams
11-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Now whether or not it's the deer in question, I don't know but would LOVE to see this 160" buck, dead at my feet. :evil:

All yours :)

Elkaholic
11-04-2011, 12:34 PM
How is this thing not locked yet..... It has gone past ******ed. The buck is dead.... shot legally with archery equip..... end of story!

huntcoop
11-04-2011, 12:38 PM
The buck in question is a 7 x 6.. Not the one in the pic.. and it greened out at 194 and 5/8.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, awesome. I hope it was shot with a crossbow!!

Elkaholic
11-04-2011, 12:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, awesome. I hope it was shot with a crossbow!!

Sorry man it wasnt a cross bow.

huntcoop
11-04-2011, 12:43 PM

I was only hoping, just to add a wee bit more drama. You seem to know more about this bad boy than your telling...........do tell more? You know the hunter, have any dead pictures..............

behemoth
11-04-2011, 12:58 PM

LOL that was great
Your Dad would be proud :)

Mr. Dean
11-04-2011, 03:45 PM

I was only hoping, just to add a wee bit more drama. You seem to know more about this bad boy than your telling...........do tell more? You know the hunter, have any dead pictures..............

I'm thinking he IS the hunter. :lol:

Vader
11-04-2011, 05:04 PM
No crossbow and notmine to post. Just saw a picture and what's in here is definitely not the buck. It's all 194. Anyone would shoot this buck in a chicken licken second. Because you didn't is not my problem but your own.
You can say what you want but this buck is a keeper. Still not as big as the 202 invermere buck that was shot in city limits. Even bigger one running around town there.

dana
11-04-2011, 05:20 PM
So if the dead buck is indeed not the live buck posted in this thread, we can all then agree the live one posted is a little runt right???? :) :)

rocksteady
11-04-2011, 05:22 PM
what's in here is definitely not the buck. .

Do you swear???? Pinky swear??? On your grandma's grave swear???

I really want to see the buck that was taken, it will clear up the air about some others that were spotted and photographed....

rocksteady
11-04-2011, 05:24 PM
one posted is a little runt right???? :) :)

Define runt Dana.....Biggest I have ever shot was a 4 by 5 mulie, so the one in the pics does not make it a runt for me....Maybe for you, but not for this hunter....BTW, lookd at your thread on muleyMadness...Good stuff, keep it up...Keep the hunting heritage going....

dana
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
Funny that this buck is such a so-called legend in Cranny and yet no one has any pics of it, alive or dead.

dana
11-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Define "runt" is easy, he ain't 300 lbs like many were saying now is he?

BIGHUNTERFISH
11-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Funny that this buck is such a so-called legend in Cranny and yet no one has any pics of it, alive or dead.

Thats because a major hunting magazine has exclusive rights of the kill photo.

hunter1993ap
11-04-2011, 06:43 PM
i have never used the live weight of deer for a comparison it has always been skinned and gutted with the head off. how much extra weight would you add for a deer walking around? The body of the deer in the pictures does not look real big. i have passed on bigger deer than that this year if it is in fact a 170 class deer. i wouldnt say its a runt by no means but its definately not huge.

Vader
11-04-2011, 07:01 PM
Not mine to post. Some hunters don't want to participate in the general BS that some like to generate. Dana go kill another so we can all admire your prowness. That's what you thrive on....go for it

dana
11-04-2011, 07:21 PM
If that NT is the buck that you boys are calling a monster, then you guys need to get out of city limits and see some real deer. It is a unique buck with some character but that ain't a 190 buck. Might gross in the 170's as a NT if it's lucky. Certainly not a buck to get all hot and bothered over like some guys in this thread.

D-dog was the one that posted the pics and said that was indeed the 190 buck. He actually guess him to be at 200. He's the one that seems to be "in the know" and now Vader says it isn't the same buck??? The above quote was my first response to this thread. And no one in the know bothered to say anything about this "live" buck not being the same buck until now? I get ripped a new one in a PM by d-dog, calling me every name in the book, and the buck he posted up ain't the same buck as the 194 'dead buck'? Who's the a$$??? Post up a thread about a HUGE buck and put up pics of the WRONG townie seems like you Cranberrys don't have a clue what you've got running around in your back yards.

steel_ram
11-04-2011, 07:27 PM
I want to see a picture of this mythical 190 town buck. Haven't seen one yet. The legend is always greater than reality. If it was wondering around my neighbourhood I sure would have made some effort to get pic's or video, so somebody must have some, and no shakey "Super 8" please.

Nasty PM's. Grow up kiddies.

Mr. Dean
11-04-2011, 08:07 PM
So if the dead buck is indeed not the live buck posted in this thread, we can all then agree the live one posted is a little runt right???? :) :)

Nope.

I want this one shot and the head sent to me.
For the effort, I'll do a euro mount and send it back.

And while it's here, I'll have it confirmed measured then take a pic of a different rack, and post it on HBC. :razz:

Gateholio
11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Hopefully we will be able to get some pics of the real buck soon. :)