PDA

View Full Version : Button Buck

Getbent
10-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Just having a dispute with a guy I know.
He says button bucks are leagal as they are a buck and the tine thing doesnt come into play and I say they gotta be an inch long.
Read the regs I said....

Thoughts,

Getbent

BigfishCanada
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
If they are just buttons, and I cant confirm but remember seeing in the regs that they have to be a certain size. Buttons would be considered a fawn

Bchunter3006
10-31-2011, 10:11 AM
A buck is any deer with visible boney antlers, regardless of size.

10-31-2011, 10:14 AM
1" long,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

KB90
10-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Button Buck = Antlerless

Fisher-Dude
10-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Button bucks are antlerless. They are NOT bucks.

Buck or Bull

- with reference to deer, moose, or elk means one bearing visible bony antlers. Buck or Bull - with reference to caribou, means

a male one year of age or older, bearing visible bony antlers.

Antlered Animal

- means a member of the deer family over one year of age bearing visible bony antlers.

Antlerless Animal

- means a member of the deer family bearing no visible antlers. The small skin or hair covered protuberances of male fawns and calves do not constitute antlers.

steel_ram
10-31-2011, 10:33 AM
If there's no antler restrictions you don't have to gave the antlers for proof of sex. If it has balls and a dick attached, no matter how small, it is a buck.

LukaTisus
10-31-2011, 10:34 AM
This only confirms the little mule deer button-buck I found during last year's open season was illegal. There was absolutely NO way you could tell it was a buck until you inspected it and brushed the fur aside on the top of the head.. the hindquarters, loins and backstrap were all taken out of it, the rest left to rot. :(

1" visible antler, is what I consider a buck.. and even for a meat-buck that's almost not worth it. I prefer to let 'em grow up, personally.

goatdancer
10-31-2011, 10:38 AM
When you cancel your tag, the options are - antlered or antlerless. Nothing about a buck or a doe.

coach
10-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Button bucks are antlerless. They are NOT bucks.

Buck or Bull

- with reference to deer, moose, or elk means one bearing visible bony antlers. Buck or Bull - with reference to caribou, means

a male one year of age or older, bearing visible bony antlers.

Antlered Animal

- means a member of the deer family over one year of age bearing visible bony antlers.

Antlerless Animal

- means a member of the deer family bearing no visible antlers. The small skin or hair covered protuberances of male fawns and calves do not constitute antlers.

Close FD - It should have read: Button bucks are antlerless. They are not antlered. Important fact to remember - if it has a penis, it's a male.

You do good research - but occasionally slip up. Can't expect much more from a Red Wings fan.