PDA

View Full Version : Chuchinka 700 Road update into 7-16 / 7-23 -

BCrams
10-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Figured to let folks know who were planning on heading into the area that the access into 7-23 (Parsnip / Hominka / Missinka area) is about all finished for the year unless you have a good chain set up beyond 735 km or so (the guys who turned around at about that point yesterday were smart) ....

I barely made it out and had an interesting drive for about 20 km or so from the Parsnip valley bottom trying to get back up and over that hill after spending the night moose hunting and a pile of snow fell bumper deep of wet stuff.

moosinaround
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Just bought a second set of V bars today!! Maybe I might have to venture back if everyone else is staying out?? Hmmm??? Just joking, cant wreck any riggin, too close to my bison hunt! Thanks Rams, good intel! Moosin

calvin L
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Should you not be taking care of the kids ? What is this moose hunting all about ? .

BCrams
10-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Should you not be taking care of the kids ? What is this moose hunting all about ? .

It helps when the kids want moose meat!! :-) Though when I got home early on Sunday I did a pile of laundry folding and was in charge of dinner and bed time.

todbartell
10-31-2011, 10:41 PM
it woulda melted by June. Should be plenty of wolves to live off of until then! :D

jml11
11-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Just FYI for people still looking to get in there or for Spring Grizzly Hunt planning...There is logging this winter in some of these areas so the roads will be open for at least part of the winter. They have planned blocks on the Chuchinka (700 Road) up to about 40 km but there may be more past this. They are also logging up in the Anzac area (Crocker FSR) right now so that portion of the Parsnip should stay open for a while and might for most of this winter. Same goes for the North Fraser Road, lots of planned logging along it as well. Nice to see they are moving back into this area after 5-6 years of nothing!!

killman
11-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Yes! Go kill some wolves!

emerson
11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Just FYI for people still looking to get in there or for Spring Grizzly Hunt planning...There is logging this winter in some of these areas so the roads will be open for at least part of the winter. They have planned blocks on the Chuchinka (700 Road) up to about 40 km but there may be more past this. They are also logging up in the Anzac area (Crocker FSR) right now so that portion of the Parsnip should stay open for a while and might for most of this winter. Same goes for the North Fraser Road, lots of planned logging along it as well. Nice to see they are moving back into this area after 5-6 years of nothing!!
Thanks for the heads up. BIL #1 and I will probably be up that way for a few days next spring.

calvin L
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
It sounds like we must have married sisters LOL