PDA

View Full Version : Road Block outside boston bar

shoot to kill
10-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Anyone else go through this game check today? Ive never been through one that big, there was probably 12 CO trucks and an RCMP...they chased a guy down in an older mercedes and had him handcuffed...the CO checking us said they were issuing lots of tickets. we were up fishing so he checked all of our gear and coolers, and when he couldnt find anything told my buddy he couldnt have a case of unopened beer in my back seat? like thats his job anyways...

Fisher-Dude
10-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Yes, that's his job.

curt
10-30-2011, 07:15 PM
If it isnt wildlife related they have very little power to do anything that is why they accompany a RCMP on those big road blocks, and often have one with them in the field the few times i've seen the CO's an RCMP member was with them.

Deer_Slayer
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
well he is wrong. you can have an unopened case of beer in your truck. last time I checked that is how they are sold from the liquor store?

r106
10-30-2011, 07:44 PM
well he is wrong. you can have an unopened case of beer in your truck. last time I checked that is how they are sold from the liquor store?

there is a law that states, in a car any and all alcohol must be transported in the trunk and for a truck it must be in the box. but most if not all cops don't care if it's in the backseat

The Dawg
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM
The law states that it has to be out of reach.

Rainsford
10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
I was always under the impression that alcohol has to be out of reach from anyone in the vehicle.

bad dog
10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
was told the cos have the same as the rcmp as for tickets ,, ex.., safty chains on a traler buddy got a ticket for ,, and if that was all boston bar had you should have been at Vandrhoof last week ,,,dot scales rcmp forsesty cos , and lots of them checking every thing ,, even vechicle inspections

Drillbit
10-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Where do you haul your beer if you have a regular cab flatdeck? Or a Blazer/Bronco/Ramcharger.

As far as game checks go, no problem from me, that's what they're getting the big $$$ for!

Jagermeister
10-30-2011, 08:17 PM
I have had a casual glimpse at the Police Act and to be honest, cannot find any reference to Conservation OFficers. However, I was told some time ago that Conservation Officers are covered under the Police Act as Special Constables and have the same powers as a provincial or municipal force. This would mean he probably could issue a citation for alcohol related offences. The person that I was speaking to, which incidently was a slow day at a road block, said that it was difficult for them to gather evidence outside of wildlife offences, so they opt to have the RCMP in attendence when having a road block.

One Shot
10-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Anyone else go through this game check today? Ive never been through one that big, there was probably 12 CO trucks and an RCMP...they chased a guy down in an older mercedes and had him handcuffed...the CO checking us said they were issuing lots of tickets. we were up fishing so he checked all of our gear and coolers, and when he couldnt find anything told my buddy he couldnt have a case of unopened beer in my back seat? like thats his job anyways...

COs have full Provincial Police powers.

Busterbrown
10-31-2011, 06:34 AM
I was at an Emergency Responce Seminar a few years ago and during a presentation from the Ministry of Environment they said that a Conservation Officer in BC has all of the enforcement powers of the police except for narcotics .That is why you see RCMP at the road checks

Weatherby Fan
10-31-2011, 06:59 AM
A friend of mine is a Fisheries Officer in Lilloett and at least once a year he is recruited for a major game check,
He says they will have RCMP,COs and Fisheries so they have all their bases covered and not using all the COs manpower in one place since they're so understaffed.

wsm
10-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Powers and duties of members of the Conservation Officer Service
1 (1) For the purposes of section 107 (1) (a) (ii) of the Environmental Management Act, a member of the Conservation Officer Service may exercise the powers and perform the duties of the official listed in Column 1 of the Table under the enactment listed opposite in Column 2 of the Table.

(2) For the purposes of section 107 (1) (b) of the Environmental Management Act, the following enactments are prescribed as enactments that a member of the Conservation Officer Service may enforce:
(a) Commercial River Rafting Safety Act;
(a.1) Dike Maintenance Act;
(a.2) Ecological Reserve Act;
(a.3) Environmental Management Act;
(a.4) Fish Protection Act;
(a.5) Fisheries Act;
(b) Forest and Range Practices Act;
(c) Forest Practices Code of British Columbia Act;
(c.1) Integrated Pest Management Act;
(d) Land Act;
(e) sections 40 and 44 of the Liquor Control and Licensing Act;
(f) sections 13 (1), 24, 33, 70, 71, 73, 84, 177 and 204 of the Motor Vehicle Act;
(g) Motor Vehicle (All Terrain) Act;
(h) Water Act;
(i) Water Protection Act;
(j) Wildfire Act.
[am. B.C. Reg. 204/2006.]+

Getbent
10-31-2011, 10:06 AM
I remember that game check years ago in Cache Creek, haven't seen one in years...

The Dude
10-31-2011, 10:20 AM
We have 12 COs?
Who knew?

walks with deer
10-31-2011, 12:31 PM
I went through one at boston bar years back and only had 3 roughed grouse wings on and it was a young co I was dealing with and he made me wait for a bird identifier.
They also had me blow the brethalizer because the box of my truck had somany empties.
Lol they were all old cans I just said I don't litter however know I make sure there bagged.

Kid Hunter
11-06-2011, 12:31 AM
I did see that! Well they were just setting up when we were driving through. There were about 5 trucks when we drove through, they were just setting up cones and we saw a few more trucks heading that way when we were past it. Would have been a little scary if they stopped us, I cancelled a mule tag for a buck I shot but my dad had 'misplaced' his license so there would have been some trouble with that, since I'm still under 19, at least until they found it buried in the glove box hahah