PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been hunting around Dot, Antler, Chataway Lakes?

JIL_24/7
10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Looking to head out to this area Northwest of Merritt and I'm wondering if anyone here has had any success out there. Are there many whitetail? Mules? Spike fork moose? Would love any reports/advice because as a pastor I rarely get time out and I only get to go out for 3 days so I could use a head start. Thank you all.

johnk
10-30-2011, 05:22 PM
It's been awhile for me in that area but there are some quality bucks on Chataway Mountain. Can't say as I've ever seen a whitetail up there but I've chased some gnarly bucks in between Chataway and Dot. The east slope of the mountain behind Gypsum Lake holds some good populations as well. Cocnentrate on the 3-5 year old cutblocks.

huntwriter
10-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Lots of deer and moose up that way, but also lots of logging activity. You have to drive around a bit and look for the places that haven't received much logging activity or where it starts to grow again. The amount of logging has just been insane over the past couple of years. Still good hunting can be had. Two friends of mine each killed a moose in that area.