PDA

View Full Version : Planing your hunting trips

bearhunter338-06
10-29-2011, 10:03 PM
As a lot of you know this hunting season I have had quite allot of extra time on my hands, but haven't been able to do much hunting. Even though I had a few hunting trip planed out, mentally, financially and physically things didn't go as planed.

Well today I get a call/message from a friend up north asking me to come up for a late season elk hunt in Alberta. Knowing what had happened to me in July I just had to show up and get a share of the elk (2 cow elk tags). Sadly I had to decline the offer.

All this extra time on my hands has not all gone to waist. I have help some new shooters/hunters out. I have met and corresponded with a few people on HBC. I have been teaching the son-in-law how to shoot when time a laws him the time.

I have also been planning potential hunting trips for next year, witch will consist of 2 main trips one for moose and the other will be an elk deer hunt. Both these hunts will be northern hunts, moose being in Augest.

This got me to wondering. When do you start planning your hunting trips.

Lone Ranger
10-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Been working on ours for a few months now, but just got the permit to accompany permit done (one guy from AB) and decided on the exact area of the M-U where we're going to be hunting.

Getting together tomorrow afternoon to hammer out the final details, and we're going Nov 19-27. LR

sarg
10-29-2011, 10:18 PM
i'm planning my trips every day of the year, well atleast think about what to do. i'm all ready thinking about my spring trip for bear and i think i'm going to try my luck on a turkey. my son is 10 and he really really wants to shot a turkey first for some reason so i would really like to try and get him one and i'm all ready talking to my parnter about next sept hunt.(wt and elk) never to early to get the ball rolling i think.
sarg:)