argyle1
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
does anyone know the cost of bison access thru blueberry ranch

4pointhunter
10-29-2011, 03:07 PM
it was $150 per tag when i was there 3 years ago

ufishifish2
10-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Someone will give you a better answer yet. I think it costs an additional 50% per helper that you bring along with you.....
Have you considered going around????

dropshot
10-29-2011, 05:08 PM
The fee is $175 for the tag Holder and either $70 or $75 for each helper. But make sure you make arrangements to meet the care takers ahead of time. We saw to many people having to wait for Hrs at the gate till the care takers were away in town. They go out quite often and they won't let you on the property before meeting up with then as they want to go over rules and such on their property. The ranch is actually called Pink Mountain Ranch not Blueberry Ranch, but is owned by the Blueberry first nations. It is not on the reserve but is private land the Blueberry nations Purchased. The Trail around is not in good condition at all according to a fellow we spoke to. He tried it and said it was all soupy mud and was doing nothing but winching his way through so he gave up and was more then happy to pay the fee through. He figured it would take half a day to get around the trail, however it may be ok once everything freezes up.I have herd it is about an hour to go around. That could be an extra 50 minutes of hunting time each day and each way if you paid the fee to travel through. It is a one time fee so you can travel back and forth through the ranch anytime once you have paid. The care takers are the best contact as they live on the ranch. their cell number is 250 787 6775 Glen or Tylene. You can try the reserve number too but we always had troubles getting a hold of someone there and always had to leave a message to call us, but was rarely returned
Good Luck on your hunt

10-29-2011, 05:20 PM
2 yrs ago them rip off artists charged us 175 per tag and helper so 2 guys total was like 350, add a third another 175 ........ RIP OFF !

CT

mrak
10-30-2011, 12:54 AM
go to alberta hinton to be more exact ...check it out...

wccougar
11-01-2011, 05:18 PM
We went Buffalo hunting last Jan/11 and Vern was looking after the ranch, I phoned Pink Mountain Store and they gave me his number. It cost 175 for tag person and 75 for helper and the cabin was 75 a night he supplyed wood and propane and it was worth every penny. A few minutes ride and your on the trail hunting and it is a long cold day and when you come back it,s nice to have a warm cabin to come home too. And you meet other people and chat about the days hunt where they seen them etc. And if you are late betting back in to the ranch vern will go look for you and others staying there as well. We had agreat time there. We meet people riding around and after about 3 days they payed to cross. It,s worth it you might only ever get one chance at a buffalo hunt in your life. thanks Wc

wccougar
11-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I forgot to add we were sucessful me and my son had draws and I got a huge bull he about 16 or better years old and my son got about a3 year old cow. A great trip. good luck WC

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
11-02-2011, 06:09 AM
just booked my cabin for my hunt..... dec 20 - 27

BiG Boar
11-02-2011, 06:14 AM
It's too bad that all the tag holders at the beginning of the season don't pool their money and give it to someone with a cat up there to fix up that back road. I would like to see these crooks out of business.

sheep.elk.moose fanatic
11-02-2011, 07:04 PM
a group of guys a few chain saws and a long weekend would do the trick, with the weight restrictions and being in the biggest park in BC "muskwa kechika" don't think the cat would be a good idea.....

ufishifish2
11-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm with you BigBoar. I don't care whether they are first, second, or fiftieth nation. A crooks a crooks a crook!!!
After a successfull bison hunt last season, I will never waste my money, but go around every time. For those who haven't done it, the trail around is still called hunting and many Bison have been harvested from that trail.
That said, I don't apply to hunt there until there's enough snow on the ground for sleds!!! I can imagine it would be next to impossible in a pickup!

Marlin375
11-03-2011, 01:30 PM
The $75 for a helper is a new one since I was there in 2009. It was 175 per hunter (during the earlier Bison hunt the Elk and Moose are open) and everyone in our party had game they could hunt so we all took a hit. Charging helpers is pushing the limits of acceptable IMHO. I wonder if they charge the COs that pass through or other people that have different objectives.