PDA

View Full Version : Terrace 2012 goats?

Slee
10-28-2011, 05:23 PM
I am looking for some info for next years LEH 2012. I am thinking of headed up around Terrace to go goat hunting, if I get a draw.....

I have never been in that area before. I am just looking for some general info on the area, and yes I know its steep. Are there areas to stay away from? FN issues? How is the hunting conditions during Jan/Feb? Is access dependent on current logging? ect. Any info would be great. PM's would be fine to keep info on the DL

sledforever
10-28-2011, 05:42 PM
January and Feb. bring snowshoes. Its going to be steep and deep

buford19
10-28-2011, 07:24 PM
Biggest problem with the Terrace area is the weather. Been hunting goats there now, but its rained almost everyday. If you wait until Jan, feb most places you will need a snowmobile to get to your starting point. But there are alot of goats in most areas around the Terrace.

Kitimat Killer
10-28-2011, 07:36 PM
hey buford tell me about it i've been trying to get out every weekend and all it does is piss rain had a whole week out off end of sept for goat made it out once thats it this year sucks big time but back to topic ya like buford said bring a sled if your thinking of jan/feb, november can be awesome hunting if weather is good due to the rut is on also before the snow covers the ground the mountains have snow but nothing low yet

kk

Gunner Staal
10-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Times three. Winter access that late is very tough. The area I hunt for goats is pretty much an early season only. There are however some areas where the goats winter on low lying cliffs with easier access. Along the Skeena and Highway 16 you will se goats all winter which are reachable. Also look at some of the main water sheds which have steep inclines leading away. The copper river just outside Terrace contains such low cliffs. I will be hunting it over Christamas as I have a draw. I will let you know how it goes. Oh.....I have never had an FN issue near Terrace.

warnniklz
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm hoping to get out for the GOS come this fall... Never hunted goats before but yeah. I'll be living there and what not, so I figure why not.

Good Old Outdoors
01-30-2012, 12:18 PM
My old man tells me that they have about 5 ft of snow right now. Think its just a freak winter though.

buford19
01-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Times that by 2, there 10 feet or more in the mountains, right now. The snow pack is at 137% of the normal snowfall for the year,and guess what, it's snowing as I speak.