PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good hunting cabins for rent within 7 hours of Vancouver?

JIL_24/7
10-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am a pastor here in the lower main-land and I have 3-4 days November 9,10,11, 12 where I can get away and go hunting, but my cabin fell through and now I don't know where to go. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I would be truly grateful for any guidance/input/offers. Oh, right, I would love to hunt mule/whitetail/spike-fork moose any or all of the above. It would be me plus 1. Thanks everyone.

AlexB
10-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Tunkwa lake has some nice cabins

Brad talkkari
10-28-2011, 06:13 AM
if you dont mind a rustic cabin chattaway lake resort isnt that bad. There are a fair share of mulies up there and lots of moose if you are willing to get off the beaten path and into the marshy areas. I do a lot of work with paul the guy who owns the resort. few years back he shot a nice 8 by 10 mulie, so the genetics are pretty good in the area...

Wild Images
10-28-2011, 06:17 AM
http://www.bclakefronts.com/

Site sponser here on HBC

lovemywinchester
10-28-2011, 07:02 AM
http://www.bclakefronts.com/

Site sponser here on HBC

I have stayed at the Red lake cabins these guys own outside Kamloops and its a great spot. Lots of game and the lake has great brook trout and rainbow fishing. Worth checking out for sure and close to Van. Shot my first mulie there last year.
http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/redlakemule.jpg

markt308
10-28-2011, 09:57 AM
there are cabins 4 rent in tulameen. roughly 4 hrs from van. very reasonable rates and right in mule deer country

twr
10-30-2011, 01:07 PM
bignuggets, what did you plan? where you headed?

JIL_24/7
10-30-2011, 05:23 PM
I am just trying to get to an area where we have a chance at putting some meat in the freezer. I am open to whitetail, mules, spike-fork moose, and I only have the 9th-12th so I can't go too far if I'm to have any hunting time. I'm still thinking about Tunkwa, Chataway and anything else that might come up. Have to choose quick, though.

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-31-2011, 11:13 AM
If you want a chance at a nice whitetail buck.I would go up to the Christian Valley.You can stay at Double E .Good basic accomadation located where the deer are.I think Neville has some cabins left for your time slot but act fast .phone 250 446 2570

JIL_24/7
10-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Do you know what the going rate up that way is?

twr
10-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Does Double E have a website, or any other directory?

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-31-2011, 11:50 AM
The area is near Rock Creek about a 5 hour drive from Langley.The cost is 25 a person based on double occupancy that is tax in.The cabins can sleep 4, double bunks ,wood stove,electrical outlet. and a seperate shower house 2 dollars for a hot shower.Bring your own gas stove and linens and cooler a pots pans and utencils.The hanging shed is awesome and gas is 33 ks away open until 10 pm.

Mckinney Creek Adventures
11-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Please check our accomodation out. We are a site sponsor with all the hunting opportunities you are looking for. www.mckinneycreek.com (http://www.mckinneycreek.com)

Good luck.

MCA

blindcast
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
The area is near Rock Creek about a 5 hour drive from Langley.The cost is 25 a person based on double occupancy that is tax in.The cabins can sleep 4, double bunks ,wood stove,electrical outlet. and a seperate shower house 2 dollars for a hot shower.Bring your own gas stove and linens and cooler a pots pans and utencils.The hanging shed is awesome and gas is 33 ks away open until 10 pm.

Been looking for a place to stay in the Rock Creek area, other than a motel, that is. How far from Rock Creek is Double E? Can you give me anything that I could use to locate it on Google Earth? Much appreciated.

Bob1870
10-07-2014, 11:31 AM
If you want a chance at a nice whitetail buck.I would go up to the Christian Valley.You can stay at Double E .Good basic accomadation located where the deer are.I think Neville has some cabins left for your time slot but act fast .phone 250 446 2570

Seems none of the numbers I have for Neville are working any more. Does anyone have an updated number for them? Both 0079 and 2570 are no longer in service.

mike-juliet
10-07-2014, 01:16 PM
A Number of resorts operate along Loon Lake in 3-30, that area produces very well.

sapper
10-07-2014, 01:42 PM
I've stayed at Jewel Lake Resort outside of Greenwood and Surrey Lake Resort (between Logan Lake and Merritt). Don't be confused by the titles "Resorts" though; both are quite rustic. I believe Surrey Lake has new ownership so hopefully they might put some money into the cabins. Last year the wood stove in the cabin we had rented just about killed us with all the smoke it pumped into the cabin. Thankfully we were moved into another cabin the next day after others checked out. We really felt like we were staying in the Taj Mahal after the previous night's events. :)
We've also stayed at Tunkwa which a number of people have already mentioned. Great folks there.
All of these places are "hunter-friendly".

pmj
10-07-2014, 07:55 PM
.....edited..