PDA

View Full Version : First Time Moose Hunting!!

scallywag321
10-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good successful season so far! I am posting this thread because it is my first time moose hunting this year. I have only been hunting for a couple years now and don't have a lot of experience, but I was lucky enough to get a LEH draw for a bull moose in region 7-5. Due to my work schedule I am only going to have the last week of the season to make the trip up there from Vancouver Island and hopefully get my moose. I hoping that maybe some of you would be willing to share some pointers with me or if your familiar with the area possibly point me in the right direction. I would also appreciate hearing from anyone who has seen bulls or also has a LEH draw in the area.

Thanks so much to anyone who has the time to reply!

bushpig slayer
10-27-2011, 11:56 AM
good luck to you unfortunately i also had a tag for up there 7 days 2 fresh tracks there were 10 camps up there 2 weeks before we got there and 1 camp had a cow pretty bad up there if i were you go somewhere else with gos, local guys were sayn it is the worst they have seen in along time.other than that it was a great camping trip.i'm also from the island.long way to go for a camping trip!

Ride
10-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Was in there just last weekend. Hard day, saw a couple of moose, but not in very fun spots. Good luck to you!