PDA

View Full Version : Elevation and finding game

coquitlam
10-27-2011, 08:57 AM
This season I have been concentrating more on putting the puzzle together than just go hit the bush where ever it feels good. I was out on the coquihalla at the toll booth and our plan was to travel on our quads all the way back to champion creek and back past murphy lakes . We covered every forestry road going up to alpine and down in the valleys. Looking for sign and then hunt on foot once we figure out the elevation and area that the mulies would be at that time. We had fresh snow in alot of the areas and after traveling for 7 hrs. we found only 1 set of fresh moose track. The grass was in abundant supply but was yellowing up from frost in the past days. I have read from guys in the past that one should follow the frost line down the mountain and stay with the green un frosted grasses or do you think that this lack of sign might be that they have migrated down even lower towards there wintering areas (tulameen?). Like I said it`s the puzzle that needs to be figured out to be more productive.