PDA

View Full Version : Coquihalla summit to Tulameen

browningboy
09-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I've been up there several times and always seem to find elk / moose track, we only go for day trips to calm the "buck fever" but has anyone seen any game up ther besides deer? Is it a tough hunt or just too much pressure? Just curious if guys are going around with moose legs just making tracks every so often.:)

4pointer
09-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Good hunting up there. Easily 100 deer a day in late october but easily 100 hunters. They will be camped around every corner on the lawless side. Got several nice bucks outta there in last couple of years. Don't think I'll be heading up this year due to the hunting pressure. Early snow may mean the "bigger" bucks will be moving in sooner. Try Dear Mt. Lots up there.

Jelvis
09-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Is there a spike fork moose hunt there and what MUs are you hunting in? would help to know? Browning >>>>>>>>>>>> Jel 9 20 6

browningboy
09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
Usally there is an immature bull season, I don't have the regs handy but it is region 3 but transfers to region 8, seems like a nice area for a day hunt, but like you guys say, HOLY HUNTERS! Last time we went my partner got a beauty of a blackie up in behind Murphy Lake area, too much damn work not enough time to hunt, I have to straightin my priorities out??:eek:

4pointer
09-21-2006, 12:37 AM
There is an immature bull moose season up there, whether region 3 or 8. Moose are scarce but you will bump into the occasion one. Blackies are every where but don't need to look further than the road because thats where they travel. Deer are numerous, mulies everywhere, and whitetail on the northside(brookmere, north tulameen). Elk are in higher elevations, more towards Dear Mt. Get off the roads and deep in the bush. No hunters there. 90% are road hunters.