PDA

View Full Version : 5-15b Dissapointment

dhog
10-25-2011, 09:32 PM
I dont know how many hunters out there have put in for this hunt but we meet half of the draws given out. It is upsetting to wait three years for a draw but then to get a draw with low odds , thinking how many people will actually show upto find out that half of the 50 tags alloated for this hunt showed up in the only 15 km of road in the sub area. Con grates to the group that shot the only bull in the valley. I think the Ministry should look into making changes to the boundry's to either open this hunt up to more accessable areas or make it totaly a fly-boat in area only I personally dont like to feel I have to wear bright colours to be safe on my hunt. But this is only my bitch it was still better then working and there is more hunts out there

moosinaround
10-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I dont know how many hunters out there have put in for this hunt but we meet half of the draws given out. It is upsetting to wait three years for a draw but then to get a draw with low odds , thinking how many people will actually show upto find out that half of the 50 tags alloated for this hunt showed up in the only 15 km of road in the sub area. Con grates to the group that shot the only bull in the valley. I think the Ministry should look into making changes to the boundry's to either open this hunt up to more accessable areas or make it totaly a fly-boat in area only I personally dont like to feel I have to wear bright colours to be safe on my hunt. But this is only my bitch it was still better then working and there is more hunts out there
Welcome to 7-2 through to 7-58, all inclusive! Get used to it, or start pack hunting with horses or a backpack! Moosin

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-25-2011, 09:42 PM
I understand your frustration ,but it is up to you ,to do the home work on the area you are applying for and know the road access etc.

rageous
10-25-2011, 09:53 PM
We met a group of hunters that had 515b draws. They said the odds were pretty good in the area. After a brief discussion we determined they where in the wrong sub region. They said we didn't know. Give me a friggin break. Makes a person wonder how often people deliberatly shoot something in a adjacent zone because of better access/areas.

10-26-2011, 09:40 AM
I have had that draw, we got 2 tags. I had two many beers when filling out the cards,,, OOPS. We shot 2 bulls.
That area is directed to using a boat to get to the other side of the lake where you have a tonne of country. NOT the tiny peice of land you can access from truck. You either did not do sufficent research before putting in for the area of messed up like me. The only thing in my mind the Government should do there is take that tiny peice of dirt and incorporate it into 5-15C keeping 5-15B 100% boat access.

Either admit you screwed up or admit you didnt put the time into pre trip, but it has nothing to do with the Government.